Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-05-2007, 04:32 PM   #61
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: the best beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Michelob is thier high end beer and bud falls a notch below...there is nothing wrong with Budweiser...the quality is perfectly fine. It is aged in beachwood I beleive, which a process that is tradition in most of Europe.
No thanks. You will notice that I posted natty as a response to you. I was using lonestar, strohs, pbr, schlitz (beer not malt liquor) as my standard american lagers. There is nothing wrong with bud, the quality is fine (otherwise they wouldnt be able to sell it). The point is its no better than these other beers which are cheaper (and, as you said, significantly worse than Michelob which costs the same (or less most of the time)). Its simply not the best beer, or even the best american lager light or otherwise. If you drink it thats fine, I wouldnt mock and I may even have one if you're having a BBQ and thats whats in the keg/cooler. But in the realm of fantasy, where every beer in the world is available to you, why would you choose that (if you want the bud label at least drink their crappy world select **** or Bto theE). Michelob is better, you said so yourself.

Also, just because they make multiple products doesnt mean they are better quality. Its also related to product placement (different people drink michelob than bud), buying up and incorporating competition etc. I will readily acknowledge it is better than natty, but not by much and they are both inferior to strohs, pbr, iron city, Hamms, black label, etc.
boozehound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #62
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
No thanks. You will notice that I posted natty as a response to you. I was using lonestar, strohs, pbr, schlitz (beer not malt liquor) as my standard american lagers. There is nothing wrong with bud, the quality is fine (otherwise they wouldnt be able to sell it). The point is its no better than these other beers which are cheaper (and, as you said, significantly worse than Michelob which costs the same (or less most of the time)). Its simply not the best beer, or even the best american lager light or otherwise. If you drink it thats fine, I wouldnt mock and I may even have one if you're having a BBQ and thats whats in the keg/cooler. .
this is purley your opinion...and not fact. If you like Stohs better then that is you...I will tell though that in blind taste test compitions Bud usually ranks in the top 3 every year, above those you mentioned...
Quote:
But in the realm of fantasy, where every beer in the world is available to you, why would you choose that (if you want the bud label at least drink their crappy world select **** or Bto theE). Michelob is better, you said so yourself.
like I have said a hundred times...I like my beer to taste like beer, not coffee, or fruit, or what ever....every now and then I will have a black and tan but when it comes down to it, when I am out with my freinds having a good time, a bottle of Bud is all I need or want for that matter.

this is Dennis Leary on coffee....it is the same way I feel about beer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkg0WLj7TJ8

Quote:
Also, just because they make multiple products doesnt mean they are better quality. Its also related to product placement (different people drink michelob than bud), buying up and incorporating competition etc. I will readily acknowledge it is better than natty, but not by much and they are both inferior to strohs, pbr, iron city, Hamms, black label, etc.
again this is just your opinion, like I said, take the tour before you post again. The owners of Anheiser Bush take great pride in thier products and they have been family owned since the 1800's...it is not some random brewery in milwakee out to make some money...
Old 07-05-2007, 05:16 PM   #63
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There is something very manly about going to a sporting event with friends and ordering a tall glass of budweiser. It just tastes better with friends and when you are doing something all-american, like going to a baseball game.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:37 PM   #64
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Great stuff. Not too heavy, almost no bubbles. Smithwicks is pretty comparible.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:38 PM   #65
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-

again this is just your opinion, like I said, take the tour before you post again. The owners of Anheiser Bush take great pride in thier products and they have been family owned since the 1800's...it is not some random brewery in milwakee out to make some money...
ok, in any subject without strict quantitative measures (and even in some of those) the best is always just an opinion. So go ahead and support Nazi supporters if you want. hell vote for the grandson of a war profiteer as our president.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #66
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous

Great stuff. Not too heavy, almost no bubbles. Smithwicks is pretty comparible.
good choice. certainly a very commendable beer.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:49 PM   #67
-primetime-

Quote:
ok, in any subject without strict quantitative measures (and even in some of those) the best is always just an opinion. So go ahead and support Nazi supporters if you want. hell vote for the grandson of a war profiteer as our president.
jesus dude...it's beer

take it easy with the nazi talk...the holocaust is over now.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #68
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

my favorite mexican beer

bohemia
negra modelo
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: