Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #16
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation
Default Re: Philly is Attempting to get Yi Jianlian

i would only really wanna do Smith, Carney and Jones/Green. No picks...
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #17
Deathvainx
Banned

Deathvainx has an OK reputation so far
Talking Re: Philly is Attempting to get Yi Jianlian

Iggy and YI would be a Sweet Combination for the Philadelphia 76ers.

GOBB will surely be proud of this Current player movement.
Deathvainx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #18
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

Does Philly have a large asian population?

They weren't listed on the 'preferred teams' list, which I believe was Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, and Golden State.

I don't see a link to where the original quote came from but I'm guessing it's just a beat writer throwing out the possibility. "The Sixers could try to deal for Chinese power forward Yi Jianlian," that doesn't sound like 'Philly IS attempting to get Yi Jianlian' IMO.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #19
iggy_needs_help
I brick open layups

iggy_needs_help has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
i would only really wanna do Smith, Carney and Jones/Green. No picks...

Milwaukee was very high on Yi. I think it will have to take Smith, Carney, and a pick. Either way, I would do it. It would be a nice addition.
iggy_needs_help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:43 PM   #20
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
take Miller out for another pg, and that is contender in 3 years

an Atlantic contender maybe?

if i were Philly i'd roll the dice tho. Iggy is not built to be a first option. maybe Yi can turn into a true threat. right now their squad will be at the bottom of the Atlantic for quite a while. they need help.

Last edited by AI Nuggets3 : 07-03-2007 at 06:46 PM.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:47 PM   #21
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
an Atlantic contender maybe?

well, we get one of the point guards in this year's draft(Rose prefereably, then Lawson, Augustin, Collison, Reynolds).

That would give us 4 really good young players, all of whom could be great. And Dalembert is a very solid center. By then, the Nets big 3 will be a big 2, Kidd will be gone and Carter will be older. Boston's big 2 will not be in their prime anymore. I like our chances...
Old 07-03-2007, 07:00 PM   #22
Mad Max
I hit open layups

Mad Max has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put Back Dunk
Does Philly have a large asian population?

They weren't listed on the 'preferred teams' list, which I believe was Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, and Golden State.

I don't see a link to where the original quote came from but I'm guessing it's just a beat writer throwing out the possibility. "The Sixers could try to deal for Chinese power forward Yi Jianlian," that doesn't sound like 'Philly IS attempting to get Yi Jianlian' IMO.

Yi and his peoples allowed the Sixers to watch him workout. The only teams who did were the teams they said they would allow Yi to play for. So no its not just some beat writer throwing out jargon. Sixes have attempted to move up numerous times with the focus on landing Yi who has given them all go aheads because he would sign there if drafted. The issue is if Milw is still entertaining trades from other teams...which it appears they are not. The back in the hunt is created by people who put 2 and 2 together. No lock, no gurantee but if Milw decides to move Yi? Philly is a destination.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:03 PM   #23
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max
Yi and his peoples allowed the Sixers to watch him workout. The only teams who did were the teams they said they would allow Yi to play for. So no its not just some beat writer throwing out jargon. Sixes have attempted to move up numerous times with the focus on landing Yi who has given them all go aheads because he would sign there if drafted. The issue is if Milw is still entertaining trades from other teams...which it appears they are not. The back in the hunt is created by people who put 2 and 2 together. No lock, no gurantee but if Milw decides to move Yi? Philly is a destination.

yeah, i was gonna say that. They let him try out for us, so that means he would play for us
Old 07-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #24
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Quote:

So basically every team that watched him and liked him is "attempting to get Yi"? Pure speculation, not even a 'rumor' at this point...
Old 07-03-2007, 07:12 PM   #25
Mad Max
I hit open layups

Mad Max has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put Back Dunk
So basically every team that watched him and liked him is "attempting to get Yi"? Pure speculation, not even a 'rumor' at this point...

Wow what about PRIVATE WORKOUTS dont you get?

Yeah every team had Yi work out for them. Talk about pure speculation or is that considered talkin out your ass? I'll be nice and let you decide.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #26
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Quote:
Wow what about PRIVATE WORKOUTS dont you get?

Yeah every team had Yi work out for them. Talk about pure speculation or is that considered talkin out your ass? I'll be nice and let you decide.

I'm not doubting that Yi wouldn't mind playing for Philly (I asked in my first post about the asian population because I wasn't sure) OR that Philly MIGHT try to get him.

My point is that at the moment this is hardly "Philly is attempting to get Yi". There's a handful of teams that are in the same boat, but there's no 'news' on them "attempting to get Yi".

Like I said, this isn't even a 'rumor' at this point with a writer saying 'a league source said the Sixers are trying to acquire Yi from Milwaukee'. It's just some guy (where's this quote from again?) saying that "The Sixers could try to deal for Chinese power forward Yi Jianlian."

It's an idea. Not news, not even a rumor, an idea from whoever wrote that original quote.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:54 PM   #27
SLIMMPICKINS
I airball my layups

SLIMMPICKINS has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Is Philly the ideal place for Yi?

He would feel comfortable in Philly they have a large Asian population in Philly, thier ChinaTown is right in the middle of DownTown Philly so he would feel right at home
SLIMMPICKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #28
TheHonestTruth
Banned

TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.

The greatness torch has been passed: Dr J -> Moses Malone -> Charles Barkley -> Allen Iverson -> Yi Jianlian
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:00 AM   #29
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudge
He would be a decent fit for the Sixers considering their pass-first oriented point guard, Andre Miller. He'd get many touches from the field and could be a potential ROY winner. He posesses a dangerous shot anywhere from 15-20 feet, which fits perfectly with Miller running the offense. Their line-up would be a major talent.

On the plus side, they have the pieces to acquire him. Probably would take Jason Smith, Willie Green and a pick or so.

PG - Andre Miller
SG - Andre Iguodala
SF - Thaddeus Young
PF - Yi Jianlian
C - Samuel Dalembert

Salivating over that line-up. Lacks range but I think Miller at point can make it work.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: