Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2007, 02:56 PM   #31
Fudge
NBA Legend
 
Fudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In my mums cah
Posts: 19,090
Fudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this boardFudge is popular on this board
Default Re: Bobcats: Will make playoffs in 2008 - FACT or FICTION

Quote:
If Okafor is healthy, Charlotte make the finals, possibly with homecourt.
Now, that's just stretching it way too far. I believe they can make the playoffs, however, a slim chance of getting to the 2nd round.

But, Finals? No way.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,214
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bobcats: Will make playoffs in 2008 - FACT or FICTION

Fiction. Det, Clev, Chi, NJ, Tor, Mia, Milw, Wash, NYK, Ind say otherwise.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:47 PM   #33
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi
 
luigi>mario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,898
luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bobcats: Will make playoffs in 2008 - FACT or FICTION

The east is too strong. Fiction.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:51 PM   #34
ballahalic
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
ballahalic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: unknown
Posts: 94
ballahalic has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bobcats: Will make playoffs in 2008 - FACT or FICTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
I say fact, a line-up of Felton | J Richardson | Wallace | May or Hermann | Okafor is playoff ready in the East and we still have the ability to get another big like Blatche or Milicic this off-season to bring off the bench with Morrison, Ryan Hollins and Matt Carrol. I say if we don't make the playoffs this year with our team something is wrong.
fiction
ballahalic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:59 PM   #35
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 20,209
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Bobcats: Will make playoffs in 2008 - FACT or FICTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
I say fact, a line-up of Felton | J Richardson | Wallace | May or Hermann | Okafor is playoff ready in the East and we still have the ability to get another big like Blatche or Milicic this off-season to bring off the bench with Morrison, Ryan Hollins and Matt Carrol. I say if we don't make the playoffs this year with our team something is wrong.
If Okafor can stay healthy they have a chance. If he plays under 70 games I don't like their chances at all.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:56 PM   #36
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal
 
ILuvThisGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 585
ILuvThisGame has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bobcats: Will make playoffs in 2008 - FACT or FICTION

hahahahahahah....first of all the comment "the east is too strong" almost made me hit the floor. And i'll give you Tor, NJ, Chi, Clev, Det, Wash.

But the heat have an average age of 56 on their team. Shaq=Roger Clemens. he will never play another full season ever. Walker is regressing badly, they are probably letting go of posey. JWill is a head case. That leaves them Wade and only Wade.

Orl loses Hill a great team player who made everyone around him better for a me first Rashard. and lose darko so they are back to dwight and battie in the front court.

Boston is still a joke... Danny Ainge is a fool.

Milwaukee is screwed if they lose mo williams and get no compensation.

and Philly is too young.

That leaves 2 spots for an overage team and 4 unproven teams (that includes the Bobcats and minus the celts.) The bobcats were 3 games out of the playoffs last year and that was with substantial injuries to both wallace and okafor. they added a needed scorer and if we get darko the lineup of
Felton/J Rich/Wallace/Darko/Okafor is an easy playoff team. we lose no one and gain darko and jrich. how could we not makeup 3 games?
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:43 AM   #37
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,911
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Bobcats: Will make playoffs in 2008 - FACT or FICTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvThisGame
hahahahahahah....first of all the comment "the east is too strong" almost made me hit the floor. And i'll give you Tor, NJ, Chi, Clev, Det, Wash.

But the heat have an average age of 56 on their team. Shaq=Roger Clemens. he will never play another full season ever. Walker is regressing badly, they are probably letting go of posey. JWill is a head case. That leaves them Wade and only Wade.

Orl loses Hill a great team player who made everyone around him better for a me first Rashard. and lose darko so they are back to dwight and battie in the front court.

Boston is still a joke... Danny Ainge is a fool.

Milwaukee is screwed if they lose mo williams and get no compensation.

and Philly is too young.

That leaves 2 spots for an overage team and 4 unproven teams (that includes the Bobcats and minus the celts.) The bobcats were 3 games out of the playoffs last year and that was with substantial injuries to both wallace and okafor. they added a needed scorer and if we get darko the lineup of
Felton/J Rich/Wallace/Darko/Okafor is an easy playoff team. we lose no one and gain darko and jrich. how could we not makeup 3 games?
if if if if if if....
you dont have darko and who cares about Jrich he isnt all that fantastic of a player anymore... So you believe that a team that has no chemistry, susiceptible(ugh!) to injury is play off bound?

PLUUHHHEEEZZEEE!!!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:57 AM   #38
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!
 
dejordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,322
dejordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bobcats: Will make playoffs in 2008 - FACT or FICTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Hell NO!
Tor, NJ, Det, Clev, Chi, Mia, Wash
They would have to beat out the likes of the Knicks, Bost, Mil, Orl, Philly
Just dont see that happening with that roster... No back up PG no Wallace oft injured Okafor... Maybe they should play Primoz at center and Okafor at PF maybe he can last more than 40 games...

If you add the Bobcats who do you take out?
agreed. they still aren't a top 8 team in the east, but they should improve. they need someone else to fall back a little further and one more dependable offensive piece. or jrich needs to channel mj at his age and okafur's training with olajuwon needs to show up in his play.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:44 AM   #39
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal
 
ILuvThisGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 585
ILuvThisGame has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bobcats: Will make playoffs in 2008 - FACT or FICTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
if if if if if if....
you dont have darko and who cares about Jrich he isnt all that fantastic of a player anymore... So you believe that a team that has no chemistry, susiceptible(ugh!) to injury is play off bound?

PLUUHHHEEEZZEEE!!!

i'm saying if if if for all those other teams too. The only if for the bobcats is Gwallace. Darko would be nice but even without him we have just the same chance as 3 or 4 other teams to take one of those 2 final playoff spots in the east. Some guy earlier said the Knicks were a lock.... and you say the Bobcats have no chemistry? And how can you even say the bobcats have no chemistry when they are returning almost every player from last year? to say Richardson has to play like MJ to get the bobcats into the playoffs is ridiculous.... MJ won a championship with only 2 other guys averaging double figures. Felton likes to shoot but I honestly think that will slow down this season now that we have a proven scorer and he doesn't have to try (try, being the key word) to score 20 a night.

I was just pointing out that the bobcats had just as much a shot to make the playoffs as the other IFs the previous guy listed. to say they would need someone else to dropoff dramatically is incorrect as well. With their injury issues they were still 3 games out. 3. not to mention they have continually better their season record each year and this is by far our best offseason yet. and it has only just begun.
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:57 AM   #40
monthh
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 971
monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bobcats: Will make playoffs in 2008 - FACT or FICTION

I would like to say fact, but I think it is fiction. They have not done enough to improve. Richardson is an improvement, but Boston with Allen, and a healthy Pierce and Jefferson should be improved. Boston is my sleeper pick. Miami will still be there. Indiana and Milwaukee are still solid. Orlando will be better with Lewis I think. I say Charlotte actually finishes lower in the Conference this year unless a couple teams get hit with injuries. I say they finish 12th in the East.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:30 AM   #41
wally_world
M0derator
 
wally_world's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dancing with Miley
Posts: 8,345
wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation
Default Re: Bobcats: Will make playoffs in 2008 - FACT or FICTION

fiction...

you guys need a deeper bench... and a better coach...
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:54 PM   #42
juglenuts416
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 119
juglenuts416 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bobcats: Will make playoffs in 2008 - FACT or FICTION

Fact, assuming they sign Wallace,,,,I actually like the platoon of Primo (in a contract year, if he's healthy), Voskul and Hollins at Center. I'd like to see Hollins get some more minutes too,,,He looks good when he gets the PT.
juglenuts416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:05 PM   #43
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick
 
ChuckOakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Western Mass-hole
Posts: 5,181
ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board
Default Re: Bobcats: Will make playoffs in 2008 - FACT or FICTION

In order for the 'Cats to make the playoffs a combination of the following need to happen:

1. Wallace needs to be resigned
2. Okafor needs to play 70+
3. May needs to play about the same amount
4. Morrison needs to improve
5. They need to add some quality depth
6. Other teams need to be injured or underacheive.

Too many ifs, so FICTION.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:12 PM   #44
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 498
TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bobcats: Will make playoffs in 2008 - FACT or FICTION

If healthy then maybe, they need a much better point gaurd then Felton (if they can get Ridinour, Calderon, or some other young talented point gaurd, that would be perfect).
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy