Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 10-18-2007, 11:47 AM   #1
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

Default Oh no!

Overall its a good thing that the Jazz have Carlos boozer and hes scoring and rebounding away like normal, but is it 'good' for the jazz. I wouldnt know really too much on the matter of how well he played last night but Andrei kirilenkos stats were nothing like before booz got back... Thats good in most ways but think about it, Andrei being the biatch he is (at times) isnt gunna like not getting as many rebounds or points and i mean Booz is a machine when it comes to things like that so he isnt gunna get many. Do you guys rekon this will make him wanna get traded out again, or was it just maybe a bad night for AK... i know what i think but what do you guys think??
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #2
Heretik32
Myrrh

Default Re: Oh no!

You got a point there. But let's not come to conclusions before the next game or two, ok.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #3
pj24lal

I think that yes, Kirilenko was rebounding more when Boozer was out and it was because Boozer wasn't right there bossing the post. But I also think AK is smart enough to realise that once Boozer came back he wasn't gonna have as much a say and wasn't gonna rebound as much as he did. Not really a big issue, looks like they'll both do their thing come the regular season and neither will get in the way of each other to the point of anything as serious as another trade request or anything.
pj24lal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
OlDeRaDo_64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretik32
You got a point there. But let's not come to conclusions before the next game or two, ok.

Fair enough. Tonight will say it all, and yea ur right PJ, he probably knew what was coming but i think he has a little something up his sleeve to prove his worth

Last edited by OlDeRaDo_64 : 10-18-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #5
Heretik32
Myrrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDeRaDo_64
i think he has a little something up his sleeve to prove his worth
Not that song again, that's the one we've been singing all season last season
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:41 PM   #6
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Did you all see the box score for the Phili game? I liked most of it for the starters.

Williams had more assists than shots, both at killer percentage of misses and turnovers, plus hit his threes. I like the two steals. Only thing missing are the free throws.

Brewer made his shots count, looks like he is allowed 1 three per game.

AK did everything without any turnovers! He could use more rebs, but if he can play that role, he is golden.

Boozer, good on the offensive boards and scoring. Probably helped Williams assists get back up. Hes just gotta lower the fouls/turnovers.

Okur, I really like that he took the second most shots behind Boozer.

I am liking that starting 5.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:26 AM   #7
OlDeRaDo_64

Yea, but a dreadfull night at sacremento. We played pretty bad, specialy AK. Looking like a last season AK more than a better one.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #8
pj24lal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDeRaDo_64
Yea, but a dreadfull night at sacremento. We played pretty bad, specialy AK. Looking like a last season AK more than a better one.

Come on man it's preseason you can't take too much from it. I'd be happy that Brewer looks capable of starting!
Old 10-19-2007, 05:47 PM   #9
OlDeRaDo_64

look whos glass is half full!!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:26 PM   #10
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

So can Brewer pass?? He had a few assists. I really like the AK/Brewer 2/3 combo, I think it adds a lot of motion to the team.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #11
pj24lal

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario
So can Brewer pass?? He had a few assists. I really like the AK/Brewer 2/3 combo, I think it adds a lot of motion to the team.

Passing doesn't seem to be his game but does it really need to be? I think he looks pretty solid and if he starts at the 2 it will add to the team more than it will make worse for sure.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:49 PM   #12
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Brewer tends to hang out on the bottom (baseline) corners of the paint and then cuts to the center so he can catch and finish. That is why I like Andrei with him on the court, he can get the ball right to him with a nice traffic pass.

But sometimes Brewer would do well to dish once more to an open Boozer for the finish. Granted a second option for him, but if he can do it, all the better.

I really like his movement though, especially on defense and transition. Williams, Brewer, AK could really get out and run with the best of em. Especially with Brewer/AK defense to start to offense. Boozer, Okur can take care of the half court sets with pick and rolls with Williams.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:32 AM   #13
OlDeRaDo_64

Yea good point. Brewer is also one of only few players capable of forseeing one of AK-47's fancy passes he makes in the paint
Old 10-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #14
pj24lal

Yeah I like the cutters that come back from the baseline, it's a nice move that passers must love. For a starting 2, the passing would be good to see but he probably isn't using passing enough because he's spent a lot of time being an energy player off the bench and wants to get the ball and score.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:01 AM   #15
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

so lets just pretend we have Williams, Brewer, AK, Boozer, and Okur all locked up for 3 years.

If all 5 are healthy and at pretty much normal production, with a cast of average backups, does that team have a shot at a title in 2010?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: