Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 07-11-2007, 07:57 PM   #16
Team China
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Team China has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Welcome to the new Chinese Bucks fans!

God another bad loss for Team China!!

They lose to the Knicks...they were out rebounded 23-34 and their leading rebound was Sun Yue with 3 rebounds!!!

They hads ZERO fast break points compared to the Knicks 13

Yi was non-existent and went 0-6 and had 3 pts(ft) 2reb and 0blks

Sun Yue was also no where to be found and went 0-4 had 2pts(ft) 3rebs 9assists and 0blks
Team China is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #17
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

I hate to say it to you Chinese fans, but I don't like Yi.

He is an average NBA prospect - certainly not a Lebron or Oden - and he thinks he's too good to play for half the teams in the NBA. If Yi had any sense of ethics, he would have stayed in China where he belongs. You don't travel to a new country as a guest, and tell them that you're too good to do things their way, and they will have to do things your way. He disrespected the Bucks, the city of Milwaukee, a US Senator, all of his potential teammates, and many more.

He lies to the media, saying that his priority is developing for the Olympics, and in doing so, he disrespects the interviewer and anybody who reads the article. He cares only about money, and not about the quality of his teammates, or about winning.

He thinks he's too good to play with Andrew Bogut, Michael Redd, Mo Williams, and Charlie Villanueva. All of those guys are nice people and better basketball players than him. They would have welcomed him to the team with open arms, but he thinks they are beneath him.

This is not China's fault - they have said that they just want him in the NBA, with a team that will give him minutes. This is Yi's fault.

I hope the Bucks refuse to trade him, and make him return to China where he can live in cities with the biggest Chinese population anywhere.

We have more than 100 players better than Yi in the NBA, and we don't need him and his attitude.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:02 PM   #18
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Larry Harris chose Yi after being treated poorly by Yi's representatives... bceause he believes Yi truly can be a good player in the NBA that can help the Bucks?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:44 PM   #19
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Larry Harris chose Yi after being treated poorly by Yi's representatives... bceause he believes Yi truly can be a good player in the NBA that can help the Bucks?
Yes. The Bucks have plenty of decent players, and will never get anywhere with a collection of decent players. You need a top-5 player to win it all, and it's the GM's job at the top of the draft lottery to take the player with the best chance to become that. Or at least the guy with the best chance to become a star.

With Oden, Durant, Horford, and Conley off the board, Yi was easily the next guy.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:46 PM   #20
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
So Yi lets his agents say untrue things about him for the sake of more money? Either way he doesn't get my respect. When you're a 22 year old man, you've got to speak up for yourself.

I'm glad this forum's foremost Bucks fan agrees with me that Yi is not just 19 years old.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #21
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
I hate to say it to you Chinese fans, but I don't like Yi.

He is an average NBA prospect - certainly not a Lebron or Oden - and he thinks he's too good to play for half the teams in the NBA. If Yi had any sense of ethics, he would have stayed in China where he belongs. You don't travel to a new country as a guest, and tell them that you're too good to do things their way, and they will have to do things your way. He disrespected the Bucks, the city of Milwaukee, a US Senator, all of his potential teammates, and many more.

He lies to the media, saying that his priority is developing for the Olympics, and in doing so, he disrespects the interviewer and anybody who reads the article. He cares only about money, and not about the quality of his teammates, or about winning.

He thinks he's too good to play with Andrew Bogut, Michael Redd, Mo Williams, and Charlie Villanueva. All of those guys are nice people and better basketball players than him. They would have welcomed him to the team with open arms, but he thinks they are beneath him.

This is not China's fault - they have said that they just want him in the NBA, with a team that will give him minutes. This is Yi's fault.

I hope the Bucks refuse to trade him, and make him return to China where he can live in cities with the biggest Chinese population anywhere.

We have more than 100 players better than Yi in the NBA, and we don't need him and his attitude.

I agree with your oppinions of Yi as a basketball player... but theres no way to know if he's truly as big of an ******* as you think. The ONLY clue that we have in support of your position is that he hasn't communicated with or started the proccess of suiting up for the Bucks.

And thats a big one, don't get me wrong. But do we honestly know how much say Yi has in his own fate?
Old 07-14-2007, 06:14 PM   #22
adamcz
Bucks fan

Final, the David Stern of China says he wants Yi to play for the Bucks. The vast majority of Chinese fans have said in polls that they want him to play for the Bucks. I have heard through the grapevine that in Yi's 1 on 1 meeting with Larry Harris he made it clear that these are his wishes. Yi is not innocent. He is not a pawn of Fegan's.

China's GDP is three trillion dollars a year. The Chinese government doesn't need Yi to get a bonus from Nike for signing in LA.

The Guangdong Tigers only hold Yi's rights for one more year. If Yi were to sit the year out to enter the NBA draft again in 2008, they would get nothing.

Clearly - at this point - Most of the decision makers in CHina would have Yi play in Milwaukee.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #23
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Final, the David Stern of China says he wants Yi to play for the Bucks. The vast majority of Chinese fans have said in polls that they want him to play for the Bucks. I have heard through the grapevine that in Yi's 1 on 1 meeting with Larry Harris he made it clear that these are his wishes. Yi is not innocent. He is not a pawn of Fegan's.

China's GDP is three trillion dollars a year. The Chinese government doesn't need Yi to get a bonus from Nike for signing in LA.

The Guangdong Tigers only hold Yi's rights for one more year. If Yi were to sit the year out to enter the NBA draft again in 2008, they would get nothing.

Clearly - at this point - Most of the decision makers in CHina would have Yi play in Milwaukee.

I hadn't read about Fegan or the one on one meeting. I was thinking China's motivations to be more political than economic but okay. I accept that if it's really true that Yi refuses to play for the Bucks then he is a disgrace. I just wish it weren't so.

Do you think if Yi continues to refuse it would be worth it to sacrifice the pick and send him back to China? Or would you be in favor of a trade?
Old 07-14-2007, 10:35 PM   #24
adamcz
Bucks fan

I'd trade him if somebody offers a player who is truly worth a #6 pick, but there aren't a lot of players like that who teams would part with. But I also would be ok with letting him sweat it out in China. It hurts him more than us. He's only got one chance at his NBA career, and he's messing it up if he goes a whole year without playing professional ball during his developmental period. He'll also ruin his reputation permanently.

Bucks meanwhile, are a borderline playoff team without him. Bucks get a draft pick every single year, and life will go on.

I'd trade up to the top of the lottery in 2008 and draft him again. Pwned.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 AM   #25
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I'd trade him if somebody offers a player who is truly worth a #6 pick, but there aren't a lot of players like that who teams would part with. But I also would be ok with letting him sweat it out in China. It hurts him more than us. He's only got one chance at his NBA career, and he's messing it up if he goes a whole year without playing professional ball during his developmental period. He'll also ruin his reputation permanently.

Bucks meanwhile, are a borderline playoff team without him. Bucks get a draft pick every single year, and life will go on.

I'd trade up to the top of the lottery in 2008 and draft him again. Pwned.

interesting development. with all this hate for a player that has not even played yet.. makes you wonder if a trade really is the best course of action
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #26
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2939260

Ya, y'all need to trade those draft rights ASAP! It might be too late but Brandan Wright + Marco Belinelli for Yi is looking like a good trade. Golden State really wanted Yi before and probably still does.

(Playin' Bucks GM now) Then y'all could trade Michael Redd after this season for a '08 lottery pick and maybe some other players. This would leave you a team loaded with young talent in Williams, Bogut, Wright, Belinelli, Villanueva, and another big name rookie. In addition, trading Redd and having so many young guys under rookie contracts would give you a ton of cap space. That cap space would allow you to pursue a big name free agent next year like Duncan, KG, Brand, Arenas, Marion, etc.

If you did trade Redd for pick(s) you woudl end up with a huge trade exception. If you could also somehow deal that Bobby Simmons contract onto some other team (maybe in the Redd deal), you could (probably not) end up with another free agent in a sign-and-trade, maybe a guy like Artest or Jamison.

It all sounds nice but it would take a lot of wheelin' and dealin' and there's like a 2% chance of any of that getting done. But ya the point is...

TRADE YI ... something that should have been done the night of the draft since other teams have more leverage now that it is looking less and less likely the Chinese will ever let him wear a Bucks uniform.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:52 PM   #27
adamcz
Bucks fan

Old 07-18-2007, 04:13 AM   #28
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Would you accept a trade of Yi for Noah straight up. If nothing works out and he actually doesn't play for you guys a trade like that could make sense.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:08 AM   #29
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Noah for Yi would be terrible. But I guess it looks good for the Bulls who need an offensive big.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:57 AM   #30
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
Would you accept a trade of Yi for Noah straight up. If nothing works out and he actually doesn't play for you guys a trade like that could make sense.
I guess you don't know that Noah also refused to workout with the Bucks.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: