Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #1
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here
Default John Paxson appreciation post

Paxson was hired in 2003 in the span of 4 years has:

-traded Jalen Rose
-replaced Bill Cartwright with Scott Skiles
-drafted Kirk Hinrich
-drafted Ben Gordon and Luol Deng and Chris Duhon
-signed Andres Nocioni
-traded Curry for draft picks, which became Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas
-drafted Sefolosha
-signed Ben Wallace

Here is why I like him:

1. he has filled the team with winners. before he took the reigns, Chicago was trying to build around Eddy Curry, Jalen Rose and Tyson Chandler: players who had all the talent in the world but didn't know how to win. instead of taking supposed "high risk, high reward" "projects," he signed and drafted winners. if you put a bunch of champions on a team, eventually they're going to start winning games. there's simply no way around it. why Pax is the only GM in the league to have figured this out is lost on me.

2. he's a good person. in his book "Can I Keep My Jersey?" Paul Shirley talks about how Pax promised to sign him for the remainder of the season. however, he sustains a season-ending injury before he can sign the contract. but as a man of his word, Pax brought a contract to Shirley's hospital room and signed him knowing he wouldn't play another game. he didn't have to bother. 2 other cases: when it was discovered that Eddy Curry had heart issues, Pax wouldn't let him play another game until the matter was thoroughly researched, even though his absence was causing the team to struggle. also, Jay Williams' motorcycle accident. the Bulls could have refused to pay his contract as riding a motorcycle is enough to viod any standard NBA contract, but instead Pax bought out the contract for $6 mil.

and now he's making all of ISH look stupid. after declining to trade Deng for Pau at the deadline, it looks like he's about to swindle him for Noah, Duhon and Nocioni, which is highway robbery no matter how you look at it and will vault this team to the top of the conference and possibly the league. it's also rumored they will sign Darko.

Hinrich
Gordon/Sefolosha
Deng/Tyrus
Pau/PJB
Wallace/Darko

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 07-04-2007 at 05:11 PM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: John Paxson appreciation post

Ive decided not to question his vision since about midway through Hinrichs first season. I wasnted TJ Ford bad. He saw something I clearly didnt. And even with that I kinda complained about Deng and Ben over Iggy but decided to wait it out and see. Now Ben was probably one more injury from the ASG and Deng has people waiting for him to become a superstar.

I was kinda worried that Noah would come out last year because I knew Paxon would take him #2 since he was a winner. We still ended up with im but at 9? I guess I can see that as a positive.

I dont exactly like Noahs game but im expecting him to get like 8 points and 14 boards off the bench in his first game and shut me up.

Paxon is the only gm I wont call out for making moves I consider dumb at the time. till one doesnt work hes got my faith,
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

if he really gets gasol for nocioni, noah and duhon, he's a genius.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool

Absolutely right. Bulls fans have not 1 true reason to not love what Paxson has done. He's made some tough decision's but only because he has had too. As long as we improve every year like we have since Pax took over, I won't say a damn thing cuz i love what he has done. Bulls in 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, and 13.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:18 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How does it look like he is about to swindle Noah for Gasol????????????????

When did Memphis admit/report they are in talks with Chicago?
When did Memphis admit/report they are interested in movign Gasol?
When did Darko sign with Chicago to be a backup (again)? Why would he?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yea I wont count on that. If it happens though I put him up there with the best in the business.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #7
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

He has done a great job so far.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #8
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Let's start with a little trivia: Since taking the reins as Bulls operations chief a little more than four years ago, John Paxson has chosen Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Thabo Sefolosha and Joakim Noah in the first round of the NBA draft.

Here's the question: With the exception of Sefolosha, what do all the other players have in common?

All have played in the Final Four of the NCAA tournament.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/jacks...-jax01.article
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #9
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

AirGordon7 has an OK reputation so far

Paxson
AirGordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #10
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
How does it look like he is about to swindle Noah for Gasol????????????????

When did Memphis admit/report they are in talks with Chicago?
When did Memphis admit/report they are interested in movign Gasol?
the Grizz have expressed interest in Nocioni. everyone knows Jerry West has a boner for players like Noah and I'm sure is longing to replace Battier. Pau wants out and the Grizz have been this close to dealing him several times and I'm POSITIVE they have said they're shopping him somewhere along the line, I remember him being gone a done deal several times last season.

I'm not saying it's a done deal or anything close but there are quite a few variables that say don't dismiss it so quickly.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:42 PM   #11
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

Congrats to Pax he's one of the best
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #12
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Paxson was hired in 2003 in the span of 4 years has:

-traded Jalen Rose
-replaced Bill Cartwright with Scott Skiles
-drafted Kirk Hinrich
-drafted Ben Gordon and Luol Deng and Chris Duhon
-signed Andres Nocioni
-traded Curry for draft picks, which became Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas
-drafted Sefolosha
-signed Ben Wallace

This is the only one I don't agree with. Thomas may be a player, but I still think Noah will be a bust and Eddie Curry is finally starting to show his potential. If the Bulls still had him, they would have steamrolled the Piston's last year, I think. Of course if the Bulls still had him, they may not have had the money to sign Wallace. That's the rules of what if.

But he really does have a sign and trade in the works for Nocioni to Memphis for Gasol, and then turns around and signs Darko, he will go down as one of the best GM's of the 2000's.

Because the alternative is to spend big money signing Nocioni who plays the same position as Deng, or basically losing Nocioni and getting nothing.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

John Paxson and Steve Kerr are GM's. It would be incredibly funny to see them outshine MJ in that area whereas MJ has done a wack job thus far.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:52 PM   #14
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
This is the only one I don't agree with. Thomas may be a player, but I still think Noah will be a bust and Eddie Curry is finally starting to show his potential. If the Bulls still had him, they would have steamrolled the Piston's last year, I think. Of course if the Bulls still had him, they may not have had the money to sign Wallace. That's the rules of what if.

But he really does have a sign and trade in the works for Nocioni to Memphis for Gasol, and then turns around and signs Darko, he will go down as one of the best GM's of the 2000's.

Because the alternative is to spend big money signing Nocioni who plays the same position as Deng, or basically losing Nocioni and getting nothing.

Mathius

somethng tells me TT will become a 20/10 to go along with 3 blocks and Noah a 12/10. Imagine that
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:53 PM   #15
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Yeah, MJ = greatest player of all time... but Paxson is clearly better at building a basketball team. And I'm sure Steve Kerr will be better as well.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: