Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-04-2007, 11:55 PM   #16
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: John Paxson appreciation post

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
somethng tells me TT will become a 20/10 to go along with 3 blocks and Noah a 12/10. Imagine that

Yeah even if Paxson does keep Noah who knows... in a few seasons after playing with Ben Wallace, Noah will probably be the Bulls starting center and we could see a lineup of Noah/Thomas/Deng/Gordon/Hinrich.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:51 AM   #17
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

very happy with pax. his style reminds me of dumars and riley - look for real pros and don't worry so much about potential. i didn't like the ben wallace decision, but i understand the move because it took the defensive leader away from their rival pistons. last year was really exciting when chicago made the second round. i think we'll be back in the ecf this year if deng develops as expected and noah brings at least a david lee level of impact.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:00 AM   #18
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

that all sounds good except for pax wanting to sign darko. i wouldn't bother.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:52 AM   #19
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Grizz aren't actively looking for Gasol trades. Their trying to get Navvaro (or whatever his name is) to team with Gasol and Gay
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:28 AM   #20
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
Grizz aren't actively looking for Gasol trades. Their trying to get Navvaro (or whatever his name is) to team with Gasol and Gay
Navarro.

It's stupid, but I'm sure Gasol's gonna force Memphis (or any team he's traded to) to get Navarro. Wait and see
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:13 AM   #21
MiseryCityTexas
National High School Star

MiseryCityTexas has decent reputationMiseryCityTexas has decent reputation

the fack they wanna sign darko for.
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:22 AM   #22
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Navarro.

It's stupid, but I'm sure Gasol's gonna force Memphis (or any team he's traded to) to get Navarro. Wait and see

He'll be a good 6th man. I like the direction the Grizzlies are going in.

CT: Gasol/ Swift
PF: Warrick/ Cardinal/ Roberts
SF: Gay/
SG: Miller/ Navarro?
PG: Stoudamire/ Conloy/ Lowry

Pretty fast team with good shooters (except Conloy)
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:46 AM   #23
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Paxson's done a good job but his critical flaw is still that he doesn't have the balls to trade away any of that great young talent to make the team a contender.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #24
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

Lets get this clear, he hasnt done a a great job, hes done an OK job. As far as im concerned Tyson Chandler/Eddy Curry > Ty Thomas/Ben Wallace. Especially considering the $ they gave Wallace. I consider that a botch job.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #25
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You can't really go and complement John Paxson for getting rid of Tyson Chandler.

Tyson Chandler really cleaned up his act.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #26
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
somethng tells me TT will become a 20/10 to go along with 3 blocks and Noah a 12/10. Imagine that
when TT plays 30+ minutes he gets 20+ points and 10+ rebounds hes a beast the reason he doesnt play that much is because (Bulkier players take advantage of him being a rookie and cause him to make mistakes)
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:14 AM   #27
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
You can't really go and complement John Paxson for getting rid of Tyson Chandler.

Tyson Chandler really cleaned up his act.
what did tyson do in the playoffs last year? joking, joking! he really did a great job for the hornets. i've been waiting for him to break out like that.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:15 AM   #28
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

Gasol visited Chicago com-cast team durring a bulls game. He likes chicago thats for sure.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #29
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Pax is like a poker player who folds, folds, and folds despite how good his hand appears to be, yet he waits for the perfect time to play it.

Isiah is the type who would go "All In" in the first or second hand.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #30
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Last year at this time, there was a thread full of agitated people who weren't happy about the drafting (or I guess technically trading) for Ty Thomas instead of Aldridge. In fact, I think GeeWiz may have started that one too.

Anyway, the feeling was that Aldridge better fit the Bulls needs of interior scoring. I saw the case for Aldridge, and probably would have chosen him myself, but it seemed to me that Paxson was committed to a style of play, and a style of player, which is long athletes that defend, and felt that whatever gap existed between the players wasn't enough to warrant deviating from what had up to then been a pretty successfull blueprint. And Thomas was more in that style than Aldridge. A similar choice was made this year. Spencer Hawes was supposed to be the most polished post scorer in this draft, and a lot of projections had him going to the Bulls, but Noah fits the Paxson player profile to a tee. He's long, he runs, he defends, and he plays with frantic energy. Again, there are people questioning the pick, but I think you have to give Pax the benefit of the doubt with the way this team has been built.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: