Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-04-2007, 09:59 PM   #1
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Fireworks suck.

I hate the 4th of July. It's supposed to be a special holiday for American's to remind us of when we gained our independence from Britain, and more importantly, founded our nation.

But I have to work tommorrow and every redneck jackass in my neighborhood is setting off fireworks (illegally) while I need to be asleep.

WTF is so exciting about something making a loud noise, or colors in the sky?

Christ, somebody hand them all some LCD so I can sleep.

Couldn't we have started a QUIET tradition?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Fireworks suck.

dude it's barely 10 pm where you live, at that time im gonna be drinking and having a great time.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
dude it's barely 10 pm where you live, at that time im gonna be drinking and having a great time.

I have to be up at 5 a.m.

Mathius
Old 07-04-2007, 10:14 PM   #4
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Because NOTHING says America like loud, flashy things with no purpose whatsoever. God Bless America!
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:16 PM   #5
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Haha, I feel your pain. But this is once a year. One bad night won't kill you.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #6
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just saw some great fireworks. The actual official displays are really cool. The kids buying em and setting em off are a little annoying however.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
Haha, I feel your pain. But this is once a year. One bad night won't kill you.

HA! One bad night you say! The NBA Finals didn't even start until 9p.m. here! That was 4 days of my life that everyone hated me the next morning.

I'm usually ok to get up for work, but about 4 pm after I get home from work, I'm about ready to crash for a nap, and then I can't sleep that night either.

EDIT: Just when you think the bastards are done, they start up again. And the heat isn't helping. Need a/c.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 07-04-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #8
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Ahaha there some f00ls out here tryn a pop fireworks and it's pouring down rain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
somebody hand them all some LCD so I can sleep.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. These'll keep em busy.

d00fus
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:28 PM   #9
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
Ahaha there some f00ls out here tryn a pop fireorks and it's pouring don rain

And DON rain is the wettest kind of rain. All other types of rain are dry as sand compared to DON rain.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:36 PM   #10
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Everyone needs a little LCD to keep them from popping fireworks

MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:41 PM   #11
D-Wade
Great college starter

D-Wade has an OK reputation so far

Bang some music on and just fall asleep
D-Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:42 PM   #12
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
Ahaha there some f00ls out here tryn a pop fireworks and it's pouring down rain. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. These'll keep em busy.

d00fus

rain? man out here in sacramento it reached 107 degrees for the 2nd straight day...
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:43 PM   #13
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Damn it, I don't even get a chance to see the fireworks due to the f**king rain! What a day!
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #14
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
rain? man out here in sacramento it reached 107 degrees for the 2nd straight day...

it's been raining nonstop down here in texas.

There was some serious flooding especially near the oklahoma border. Perry declared it a disaster zone or w/e to receive national help.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:56 PM   #15
mhsbasketball
lol: smh:

mhsbasketball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
it's been raining nonstop down here in texas.

There was some serious flooding especially near the oklahoma border. Perry declared it a disaster zone or w/e to receive national help.
i know man, sucks ass
mhsbasketball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: