Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-05-2007, 12:52 AM   #1
Azzphalto
Banned

Azzphalto has an OK reputation so far
Default Got a Bonner?

Bonner agrees to contract with Spurs

Posted: Wednesday July 4, 2007 1:41PM; Updated: Wednesday July 4, 2007 1:41PM

MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) -- Matt Bonner has reached a three-year contract agreement with the San Antonio Spurs.

Bonner told the New Hampshire Union Leader that negotiations took less than three days. Terms of the contract haven't been disclosed, but he's expected to make more than the $2 million per season he got in his last contract.

"Right away, there was kind of a mutual understanding going into negotiations that I wanted to play for the Spurs, and they wanted me to play for them. It was an easy process," he said Tuesday.

Bonner, of Concord, plans to sign the contract in New Hampshire in the coming weeks.

Bonner, who spent the first two years of his career with the Toronto Raptors, averaged 12 minutes and 5 points per game in 56 games last season. Though he didn't play in the NBA Finals -- a four-game sweep over the Cleveland Cavaliers -- Bonner made nine postseason appearances during the Western Conference playoffs.

"Anytime you're a professional athlete, there can be a lot of uncertainty and unpredictability where you're going to play," he said. "I feel great knowing the situation I have in San Antonio and now having a three-year deal there."
Azzphalto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:13 AM   #2
iggy_needs_help
I brick open layups

iggy_needs_help has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Got a Bonner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzphalto
Bonner agrees to contract with Spurs

Posted: Wednesday July 4, 2007 1:41PM; Updated: Wednesday July 4, 2007 1:41PM

MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) -- Matt Bonner has reached a three-year contract agreement with the San Antonio Spurs.

Bonner told the New Hampshire Union Leader that negotiations took less than three days. Terms of the contract haven't been disclosed, but he's expected to make more than the $2 million per season he got in his last contract.

"Right away, there was kind of a mutual understanding going into negotiations that I wanted to play for the Spurs, and they wanted me to play for them. It was an easy process," he said Tuesday.

Bonner, of Concord, plans to sign the contract in New Hampshire in the coming weeks.

Bonner, who spent the first two years of his career with the Toronto Raptors, averaged 12 minutes and 5 points per game in 56 games last season. Though he didn't play in the NBA Finals -- a four-game sweep over the Cleveland Cavaliers -- Bonner made nine postseason appearances during the Western Conference playoffs.

"Anytime you're a professional athlete, there can be a lot of uncertainty and unpredictability where you're going to play," he said. "I feel great knowing the situation I have in San Antonio and now having a three-year deal there."

Guy averages 12 minutes per game in the regular season with 5 points, and doesn't even ake an appearence in the most important series of the year (the finals), and he still gets paid more than 2 million a year? To me, something oesn't add up. It's f*ckng crazy how much players get paid (especially someone of his ability).
iggy_needs_help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:33 AM   #3
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48395

guess you didnt see the first topic that is in the top half of the threads. gg.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:44 AM   #4
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48395

guess you didnt see the first topic that is in the top half of the threads. gg.

this is true - but full marks for creativity with the thread title
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:48 AM   #5
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
this is true - but full marks for creativity with the thread title

ya, ill give him that.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:32 AM   #6
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

nice one by SA... he's a good player for the team... the Robert Horry minus the clutch plays type playa...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:34 AM   #7
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

He earned the money when he did this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqzpW96N_N0
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:55 AM   #8
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

as if he would do that
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:23 PM   #9
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

If we're going to applaud a player for crossing over Mark Madsen of all people, at least he's the NBA player who most closely resembles me.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:29 PM   #10
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
If we're going to applaud a player for crossing over Mark Madsen of all people, at least he's the NBA player who most closely resembles me.

saKf, if you really do resemble Matt Bonner, I must say, you are one SEXY MOFO!
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #11
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf

What about the time he got in a scuffle with KG and the only one who could contain him was the mighty [read: Holy] Pape Sow?
Matt truly has earned his nickname, "The Artful Bonner" (no, your Elementary school education is not failing you, that is indeed a Dickensian reference to everyone's favourite pick-pocket)
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:16 PM   #12
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Does that mean Ely is officially out the door? I wouldn't mind if the Jazz picked him up for cheap, I like his potential.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #13
Hawker
Banned

wow....that scuffle was awhile ago. I didnt realize matt bonner has been in the league that long.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #14
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

Bonner is a beast, I'm surprised he sign for little money.
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #15
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
wow....that scuffle was awhile ago. I didnt realize matt bonner has been in the league that long.

The Red Rocket.

Usually I would question a team giving Matt Bonner 10.5M over any amount of years, but the Spurs usually seem to know what they are doing. They are probably grooming him to be their next clutch weapon; not exactly Robert Horry, since his defense could never be duplicated by the Red Rocket, but heck those three point clutch shots could come in handy.

Anyways, , for this signing to blow up in the Spurs face. :)
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: