Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-05-2007, 01:09 AM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default The best Star Wars movie is on HBO2 right now.

The Empire Strikes Back just started about 5 minutes ago.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:10 AM   #2
The Hurricane
Banned

The Hurricane has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The best Star Wars movie is on HBO2 right now.

Why dont you have it on DVD....?
The Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:11 AM   #3
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Yeah I do but it's on TV right now so I decided to watch.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:33 AM   #4
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jedi by far is my favourite, but I don't think I can argue that Empire isn't better. That Russian director did an excellent job. God I wish he would have done the prequels.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:53 AM   #5
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was afraid I was going to open this thread and see Episode I, II, or III. Thank goodness it was IV, which is the best one IMO.

Funny how the two films that George Lucas didn't direct were the best.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:00 AM   #6
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not really that funny or surprising. He's never shown himself to be a respectable director. Should stick to writing, producing, and effects.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:15 AM   #7
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Not really that funny or surprising. He's never shown himself to be a respectable director. Should stick to writing, producing, and effects.

He did write Ep I, II and III which were all atrocious.

American Graffiti is his best film after Ep IV.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:22 AM   #8
The Hurricane
Banned

The Hurricane has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
He did write Ep I, II and III which were all atrocious.

American Graffiti is his best film after Ep IV.

Lets see you make a better movie.
The Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:24 AM   #9
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

puppychili has an OK reputation so far

Best scene from Empire

Leia looks at Han as he's about to be frozen and says "I love you."

Han just looks back at her like a pimp and says "I know".

puppychili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:36 AM   #10
Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane
Lets see you make a better movie.

Get me 150 million for a budget and I will.

I can certainly write something better than Episode I.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:51 AM   #11
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Get me 150 million for a budget and I will.

I can certainly write something better than Episode I.

I will not even acknowledge episodes I, II and III as real Star Wars movies. They were flat out awful.

It's interesting to think how good Return of the Jedi could have been if Steven Spielberg would have directed like he was asked to. To me, my favorites are V: The Empire Strikes Back, IV: A New Hope, VI: Return of the Jedi... in that order.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:00 AM   #12
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I didn't like I or II but I thought III was ok. Especially the lightsaber battle at the end. I like Return better then Empire because I love the Vader and The Emperor VS Luke Skywalker battle. Empire's my 2nd favourite.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:07 AM   #13
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I didn't like I or II but I thought III was ok. Especially the lightsaber battle at the end. I like Return better then Empire because I love the Vader and The Emperor VS Luke Skywalker battle. Empire's my 2nd favourite.

I kind of liked III when it came out but I still can't even say it's anywhere near as good as the original 3. I didn't mind Return of the Jedi at all. I just thought The Empire Strikes Back was the best one. Good directing, good acting (best acting in all 6 movies, IMO). I liked Luke's training, the Empire chasing Han, Chewy, Leia across the galaxy, Cloud City, Lando, Han being frozen in carbonite, Darth Vader revealing himself to be Luke's father.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:11 AM   #14
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

And as much as I hate The Phantom Menace the actual experience of going to and seeing my first original Star Wars movie at the theatre was awesome. The hype and anticipation for the movie was just unbelievable. I was a freshman in high school and remember it was the first movie I ever had to wait in line two weeks before the movie was released to get tickets. The new action figures being released, all of the talk on the news. It was just really really cool.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:12 AM   #15
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

There was a documentary on the history channel called star wars: the legacy revealed. I'd advise any star wars fan to watch it. It gives a deeper look into the origins of the story.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: