Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #16
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Default Re: The best Star Wars movie is on HBO2 right now.

II and III aren't that bad. The IMAX cut of II was quite good because they were forced to cut 20 minutes of love scenes in order to fit it under the 2 hour Imax limit that existed at the time. III was a solid action pick, well it was better than solid, I say pretty good despite a couple poor acting performances here and there.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #17
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Yeah, II and III weren't even that bad.

It's just that Hayden Christensen makes me cringe everytime he has to speak. And he is in every scene.
I thought he was terrible.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #18
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

THey had solid actors too, so I'm inclined to believe it was poor directing that sent Portman and Hayden into a tailspin.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #19
Sean77
High School JV MVP

I was born the same year Episode IV came out (1977), and I remember when I went to see Episode VI when I was six and fell in love with Star Wars. I had like 75 of the original 1980's Star Wars figures plus the Vader figure carrying case. So imagine my response when Episode I came out, just were worthy of the original trilogy. Like this rapper the Ambassador once said after Episode I came out, "...not the same like Star Wars before Luke's born..." that's exactly how I felt.

For me, it's only certain aspects of Episode I-III that are worthy of remembering. Biggest one would definitely have to the first time I saw Yoda pull out his saber and going to work. That one scene managed to salvage the rest of Episode II for me.

Next would be Samuel Jackson as Mace Windu, the only dude in the galaxy to lay Palpatine/Darth Sidious flat on his back in a fight(not even Yoda could say that), and the one who created a 7th lightsaber fighting style. There were only 6 before that, check this interesting link on lightsaber combat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightsaber_combat. And of course, Ray Park as Darth Maul was memorable.

If anything Episode III was worth seeing simply because you didn't need to see Episode I or II to understand the story, Episode pretty much explained the preceding story points okay. That and seeing Obi-wan teach Anakin some manners.

Last edited by Sean77 : 07-06-2007 at 09:49 AM.
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #20
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

I watch Star Wars when Im bored... Ive seen the movies soo many times that my favorite parts these days dont even contain any fighting.. My favortie part from episode V is when Yoda schools luke... He did a 180 and got real serious with Luke and broke him down then he called him wreckless..Luke just hung his head because he knew it was true... I like those moments in the movies now..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: