Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-05-2007, 02:46 AM   #1
DTD
Good High School Starter

Default J-Rich still shocked, angry about trade

Quote:
J-Rich still shocked, angry about trade.
Six-year veteran upset most with how Warriors handled situation

By Marcus Thompson II, MEDIANEWS STAFF
Article Last Updated: 07/04/2007 10:02:38 AM PDT

Jason Richardson is an emotional guy. It's his edge. It's what makes him the player he is, the person he is.

So you can imagine all the emotions that ran through him when he received the news that he was no longer a member of the Warriors, the only NBA franchise he's ever known, traded away to the Charlotte Bobcats on Thursday.

Five days later, after the Warriors swapped him and the No. 36 overall pick for the No.8 selection, North Carolina freshman forward Brandan Wright, the emotion is still ever present.

"I'm still shocked," Richardson said in a phone interview from the Bahamas, where his fiancee and two children are taking in a planned vacation. "It's hit me a couple of times. ... It was a shocker. That was home. I've been there for six years."

Richardson was angry.

So mad, he just stopped answering his phone. Not for Michael Jordan. Not for his mother. He said it wasn't that he got traded, but how the Warriors handled the situation.

He said he expected to be the player sent packing, what with his value on the trade market, the emergence of second-year guard Monta Ellis and the arrival of Stephen Jackson. That's why he and his agent, Dan Fegan, went to Chris Mullin, the Warriors executive vice president of basketball operations, at season's end to address the obvious and work out a situation where the Warriors and Richardson could be happy.

http://origin.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_6296482
DTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:50 AM   #2
brwnman

Default Re: J-Rich still shocked, angry about trade

as he said himself, it's a business... for him, he just needs to be a pro and play his mind out next season and show the league that he's still got it, after all, he's in his prime... hopefully next year, injuries won't hold him back...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:55 AM   #3
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

I'd be pissed too. I'd give anything to play for the warriors and run on that home court. Living in California, the franchise looking like it has a promising future ahead of it, your best friend just arrived on the team that year (Baron). I was watching the GS/Dallas series on youtube the last couple days and i'd play for that team for pennies just for the feeling of the home games. Plus the camaraderie and unselfishness. Exceeded all expectations last season and then is traded? Man I feel bad for him. Sucks.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:04 AM   #4
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

I'd be pissed too when I am playing with a $hitty franchise like the Charlotte Bobcats and I have a Genius GM like Michael Jordan.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:35 AM   #5
Targus™
Good college starter

dude your being paid millions to play basketball, stop *****ing about it.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:50 AM   #6
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

I'd be salty too if I got traded from paradise to go play with a bunch of scrubs in a dirty swamp.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:21 AM   #7
Sharas
Great college starter

you can bet he'll be professional, he's one of classest acts in league. but he has every right to be pissed off, i guess.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:30 AM   #8
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

If he was so sure he was going to be traded he shouldn't have believed a word Mullin told him. It was obvious to everyone that if anyone would go it'd most likely be him.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:31 AM   #9
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
dude your being paid millions to play basketball, stop *****ing about it.
wtf does that have to do with anything? if a player request a trade he's selfish but if the organization trades you its a business?
some people here need to get a grip...
imagine you're on vacation and your boss calls you and says you've been traded to another company in west bubble fuxc... now move your family and everything you know and love for the past 6 years to that place
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:27 AM   #10
Heretik32
Myrrh

I gotta admit I feel Richardson here, though I'm usually one of the "you're a pro, so act like one" people.
Richardson was THE Golden State Warrior for the fast few years, he carried the franchise and was very active in community relations.
And now he gets the shaft cause he no longer fit's in somehow? That's drastic.

But I guess he'll get over it. He's a good fit in Charlotte, after all.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:29 AM   #11
AtTheDriveIn
04'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I'd be pissed too when I am playing with a $hitty franchise like the Charlotte Bobcats and I have a Genius GM like Michael Jordan.

They're not ****. They're actually one of the teams with a brighter future in the NBA then most.
AtTheDriveIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:06 AM   #12
MiseryCityTexas
National High School Star

well, at least j-rich got okafor to pass the ball to...............................................: violin:
MiseryCityTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:31 AM   #13
3stat2
Local High School Star

I can understand why he's angry. He's waited and endured through season after season of not even making the playoffs, staying loyal throughout and playing his heart out. After they finally make the playoffs and pull off the biggest upset in NBA history, he gets traded to a scrub team
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:15 AM   #14
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
well, at least j-rich got okafor to pass the ball to...............................................: violin:

No one laughed.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:31 AM   #15
FPower
Local High School Star

Probably 95% of players who get traded are pissed about it. When you get traded it usually means your current team thinks they don't need you, and they become a better team by moving you out. Anyone with any sort of pride is going to feel the sting of that and want to prove his former team that they made a mistake by getting rid of him.

Quote:
That's why he and his agent, Dan Fegan, went to Chris Mullin, the Warriors executive vice president of basketball operations, at season's end to address the obvious and work out a situation where the Warriors and Richardson could be happy.

^^^That's just silly though. The Warriors were going to get the best value they could for JRich, they're not going to take back a lesser deal just so Richardson can go to a team he really likes. That's the downside to being a professional athlete; deal with it. That's the career you chose. If you don't like, go get a job at Staples.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: