Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation
Default How would you improve 'Smackdown' ?

Smackdown has definately become a 2nd rate show to Raw. Back in the Brock Lesnar era it was competitive but the show's fallen off ever since.

I'd probably get MVP to turn babyface and push him to a title match vs Edge.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing them bring 'Teams' back like Team Angle and etc. (Yes I am aware Angle is not on WWE anymore)

what would you guys do?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How would you improve 'Smackdown' ?

maybe give them some of the 20 main eventers that Raw took? The problem isn't what to do with the wrestlers they DO have...its about who Raw won't let them have. When Jericho comes back i think he should go to SD
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #3
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Get rid of Smackdown all together. RAW made it for six years without a second show for all the decent wrestlers left out. They had more matches on RAW from 1993-1999 and there were more storylines and most of the guys were involved in some way. Shotgun Saturday Night was strictly for the guys trying to make it. Undertaker and Shawn Michaels were never on it.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:29 PM   #4
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bring back the late 90's early 00's wrestlers. Problem solved.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:31 PM   #5
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Bring back the late 90's early 00's wrestlers. Problem solved.

Half of them are probably dead.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:35 PM   #6
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
Half of them are probably dead.
or in TNA-Wrestling.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:47 PM   #7
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
or in TNA-Wrestling.
Or kicked out for the crappy new breed of wrestlers.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:04 AM   #8
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Or kicked out for the crappy new breed of wrestlers.

or in ECW
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:28 AM   #9
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
or in ECW

Or in jail
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:32 AM   #10
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Make Shelton Benjamin a babyface and make him fight with Edge for the title.

I agree though, it became pretty subpar.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:38 AM   #11
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-MATT
Or in jail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k66epna2Sss

: : :
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:47 AM   #12
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world

A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:44 PM   #13
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Smackdown was entertaining for a long time until the last month or so.

when they made MVP all serious and allowed him to win, that's not entertaining. It's more entertaining when he gets beat down all the time and looks surprised.

and when they brought Edge on as champ and to stay the champ, that's not entertaining at all.
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #14
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

make it about something other than rigged bull**** professional wrestling.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:32 AM   #15
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

First, I would take Undertaker and Ric Flair off of SmackDown and put them on RAW.

Second, I would use SmackDown to build new stars like it has done. John Cena, Bobby Lashley, Mr. Kennedy and right now MVP have all become stars because of SmackDown. That's what the show should be used for. All of the established stars should be on RAW.

Finally, I would get rid of ECW completely and send most of the talent there to SmackDown.

Vince McMahon abslutely blew it with ECW. I was so excited when I first heard about ECW coming back. I don't know why I actually expected Vince McMahon to let Paul Heyman write/book the shows and choose the wrestlers that he wanted.

Vince McMahon could have bought the ECW arena and taped all of the shows there in front of real ECW crowds. He should have kept RVD, Sabu and a lot of the originals AND sent other wrestlers there who fit the ECW style. Not guys like Big Show, Test and Hardcore Holly. CM Punk is fine. But ECW should have been given guys like Chavo Guerrero, Paul London, Charlie Haas, Super Crazy, etc.

I think Vince McMahon felt that if he let Paul Heyman have control over ECW and did things his way that ECW could become the most popular WWE brand especially with the WWE behind it and I don't think McMahon wanted that.

But anyways back to SmackDown... yeah I really do think that show should be used just to build new stars. I don't mind a couple of big names there like Edge and Batista. But guys like Undertaker and Flair should be on RAW. SmackDown should be used for guys like MVP, CM Punk, Deuce & Domino, etc. to become established wrestlers.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: