Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-05-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
AmareSTAT
Can barely lace up my sneakers

AmareSTAT has an OK reputation so far
Default NBA help

Hey everybody,

I need some help with lookin videos at nba.com !
Can somebody tell me why I can't watch movies at the site of the best league.

Thank you for your help, I will appreciate that
AmareSTAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:25 AM   #2
AmareSTAT
Can barely lace up my sneakers

AmareSTAT has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA help

I really need help. Everytime i click on play nothing happens. What is wrong with that?
AmareSTAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:27 AM   #3
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmareSTAT
I really need help. Everytime i click on play nothing happens. What is wrong with that?

that you want the video to play and it won't...
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:29 AM   #4
dudeguykid
High school junior varsity star

dudeguykid has decent reputation

. Operating System and Browser Requirements
The operating system you use determines which browser you need to view videos:
If you use Windows 98, NT, 2000, XP, ME, use one of the following browsers:
i. Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
ii. Netscape 7.X
iii. *******/Firefox 1.X

2.Internet Explorer users need Windows Media Player 7.1 or higher

3.Netscape and ******* users need Windows Media Player 7.1 or higher.
If you are using Windows Media Player 7.1 or later, ******* will detect and use the Windows Media Player plugin if it is installed.
Netscape 7.2 uses the Windows Media Player ActiveX control if it is installed.
To use the Windows Media Player ActiveX control with Firefox 1.0, see the Embedded Windows Media in Firefox 1.0 thread at the *******Zine Forums.

4. Cookie Requirements
Cookies (Internet Files/Web Pages temporarily stored on your computer)
must be enabled to watch NBA.com video. If your cookies are not enabled,
you will get a message when you try to access NBA.com video.
Click here to find out how to enable cookies on your computer.

Q-How can I resolve problems accessing NBA.com video?

If you are unable to watch NBA.com video:
1. Verify that you meet the system requirements as outlined in What do I need to view NBA.com video?
2. If you meet the system requirements but still have difficulty accessing NBA.com video, we recommend you disable any ad or pop up blocking software tools, including dial-up accelerators, that you may have installed and try again.
3. If you continue to have difficulty viewing NBA.com video, send us a description of your problem to our support form.

Q-How can I resolve problems with playback of NBA.com video?

If video displays as a slide show, or if you receive audio without video, you may be experiencing problems due to bandwidth congestion:
1. Verify other streaming applications (including mp3 players) are not running.
2. Try changing the connection speed. Go to Tools Options Performance. Under Connection Speed there are two (2) options: a. Detect Connection Speed (recommended) and b. Choose Connection Speed. Usually best performance is achieved with Detect Connection Speed. However, try clicking Choose Connection Speed and test a variety of the choices to see what works best. This process allows you to toggle between the narrowband (for 56k users) and broadband connection speeds to determine which performs better for you.
3. If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer, do you have the security setting at "Medium" or lower? Some streams do not work on systems set to high security. If you need to change your security settings, restart your computer completely before trying again. If your memory or cache file folders are full you may experience audio streaming errors, try emptying your Temporary Internet files, and any addition files, such as the contents of the recycling bin.
4. If the problem persists, we also recommend checking back at a time when your Internet service provider may experience less congestion to see if there is an improvement.

If you receive video without audio:
1. Verify that your system audio works by playing another audio application and/or checking your speaker and headphone wires.

If you do not receive video or audio, or if you only see advertisements:
1. If you are using ad-blocking or pop-up blocking software, you may experience problems streaming video. We recommend you disable the software and try accessing again. 2. If you are behind a firewall or proxy server, you may experience problems streaming video.
For details on how to configure Windows Media Player to receive video through a firewall see http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win.../firewall.aspx.

For tips on optimizing Windows Media Player, visit http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...enter/FAQ.aspx.

Q-Are cookies required to view NBA.com video?

You will not be able to watch NBA.com video if the cookies (Internet Files/Web Pages temporarily stored on your computer) are disabled. Following are step-by-step instructions to enable the cookies. Note that these instructions may vary slightly for different browser versions.

INTERNET EXPLORER 6.0: 1. Start Internet Explorer. 2. Click the Tools menu and choose Internet Options. 3. Click the Privacy tab to display the Privacy panel. 4. Use the vertical slide bar to adjust your privacy settings to Medium High. 5. Click the Advanced button. 6. Verify that the Override Automatic Cookie Handling option is not checked. Note that if you prefer to use the Override Automatic Cookie Handling option, you must accept first-party cookies to enter the WNBA Broadband Season Pass. Though not required for entry, we strongly recommend also accepting third-party cookies for the best WNBA Broadband Season Pass experience. 7. Click OK. 8. Click OK again. 9. Close all open Internet Explorer browsers. 10. Reopen the browser and return to an NBA.com site.

INTERNET EXPLORER 5.5: 1. Start Internet Explorer. 2. Click the Tools menu and choose Internet Options. 3. Click the Security tab and the Custom Level button. 4. Scroll down to the "Cookies" section and select "Enable" for both: Allow cookies that are stored on your computer. Allow per-session cookies (not stored). 5. Click OK and YES to the confirmation message. 6. Click OK again. 7. Close all open Internet Explorer browsers. 8. Reopen the browser and return to an NBA.com site.

NETSCAPE: 1. Start Netscape. 2. Click the Edit menu and choose Preferences. 3. Click the Advanced category on the bottom left. 4. Select "Accept all cookies" in the Cookies section. 5. Click OK. 6. Close all open Netscape browsers. 7. Open Netscape and return to an NBA.com site.

******* FIREFOX: 1. Start Firefox. 2. Click Tools and choose Options. 3. Click the Privacy icon in the left-hand side column. Click the Plus(+) sign next to Cookies in the right-hand side pane. 4. Check the box "Allow sites to set cookies." 5. Click OK. 6. Close all open Firefox browsers. 7. Open Firefox and return to a NBA.com site.

Q-Why do I receive "could not connect" error messages with Windows Media Player?

"Could not connect" errors generally mean that that Windows Media Player did not connect to the computer that serves the media content (the server); they may also mean that the link you clicked is out-of-date. Common "could not connect to server" errors include:

- Could not connect to server.
- The connection to the server has been lost.
- Cannot open 'http://www.location name.com/file name'. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again.
- Media Player cannot open: http://Web address. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again.
- The operation timed out, possibly due to network problems.

Connection errors that occur on specific sites or that only occur once in a while are not usually a cause for concern. Occasional errors tend to occur when traffic is high on the Internet, the site hosting the files is down, or the site hosting the file has been moved.

Connection errors that occur at all sites on a recurring basis indicate a problem with the Windows Media Player connection configuration or your Internet connection. To allow Windows Media Player to connect, you may need to reconfigure Windows Media Player or your security software.

If you get one of these errors, it may mean that Windows Media Player did not receive enough information to maintain a connection to the server, or that Windows Media Player stopped receiving information from the server for an extended period and could not maintain the connection. The problem could be caused by excessive network traffic on the Internet, your Internet Service Provider (ISP), or a local area network (LAN) connection.

Solution 1: Determine if the problem is with the specific file.
To rule out a problem with the file itself, try playing sample files:

1. Open http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;316992 in your Web browser.
2. Choose some sample video files. Example: Windows Media Video(.wmv, .wm).

If the sample files play, then the problem may be with the specific Web site, or with the file you were trying to play. This may be a temporary problem of high traffic or technical difficulties. Try again later, or contact the Webmaster of the site to alert them to the problem.

Solution 2: Test your connection speed.
1. In Windows Media Player, click the Tools menu, then select Options, and then select Performance.
2. In the Connection Speed section, click "Choose Connection Speed."
3. Click OK.
4. Try to play the clip again.

Solution 3: Change the buffer settings.
1. In Windows Media Player, click the Tools menu, and then select Options.
2. In the Network buffering section, click Buffer.
3. Then type 30 in the text box. (60 seconds is the maximum.) This setting may improve playback. However, when you increase the buffer time, the system must wait while the player fills the buffer before it starts to play streaming media.
4. Click OK.
5. Try to play the clip again.
6. If you still have problems, increase the buffer settings by another 10 seconds and try again.

Keep trying until the clip plays or it becomes obvious that increasing the buffer setting will not resolve this problem.

Solution 4: Play the clip when the network and Internet are less busy.
If you are unable to play the clip after trying these suggestions, try connecting to the clip at a different time.

Solution 5: Configure your personal firewall or security software to allow Windows Media Player access to the Internet.

Solution 6: Verify that your corporate firewall or proxy allows Windows Media Player access to the Internet.
Your computer may be behind a firewall that has not had the appropriate ports opened for use with NetShow Services. However, if a server has HTTP streaming enabled, Windows Media Player can take advantage of its protocol rollover capabilities and receive the file through HTTP instead of through the typical, and optimal, streaming protocols. That is why you can receive content from some sites but not others. For consistent results, encourage your administrator to open the appropriate ports on the firewall to permit streaming.

Solution 7: Contact your ISP or network administrator for assistance.
If you are still unable to connect, the problem may be with your computer network settings. Contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or network administrator for the information you need to regain connection.

Q- When I try and play NBA.com video content I have a "plugin error" in my web browser

This error is a problem with your web browser and it's ability to communicate with Windows Media Player. You may need to re-install your Windows Media Player software. Please review the requirements under "What do I need to view NBA video" section above.

Q- What do I need to play NBA.com video on a Mac?

Please try one of these solutions:
Install Windows Media Player for Mac: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...c/default.aspx
Install the Flip4Mac plugin available here: http://www.flip4mac.com. If your browser does not support the plugin, download and install Firefox
dudeguykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:32 AM   #5
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^^^^

I think i just saw a chunk of AmareSTAT's brain fly past my window
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:47 AM   #6
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
^^^^^^