Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 07-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
BodyControl
I airball my layups

BodyControl has an OK reputation so far
Default Is Foye Enough For KG to Consider Staying?

For awhile I was all for KG seeking a trade but now that I've seen the light, in the form of Randy Foye, I'm all for him staying.
Timberwolves 91, Suns 83: Randy Foye is making a big splash. In the win for Minnesota, the rookie shot 12-of-22 for 30 points and 4 rebounds. Bracey Wright stepped up with 17 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals. Paul Shirley had 12 points with 5 rebounds. Adam Parada was nice with 11 points and 8 rebounds. In the loss for Phoenix, Amare Stoudemire, working himself back into shape, shot 7-of-10 for 21 points and 8 rebounds - though he had six turnovers. Ruben Douglas needed 14 shots for his 14 points, 3 rebounds and 4 assists.
Some of you may say it was just summer league or Amare's coming off of a serious injury, but I'm not buying it. Amare actually had a good game, and anyway some of you are quick to say that he's better than most players in the league at 70% percent. Enough with that, I feel the T'Wolves have found something special with Foye and that he just may be the player that KG's always been looking for. I know that Marc Stein has him as his favorite for R.O.Y., but he works for ESPN so you can take that for what it's worth. If he can average 20pts 5reb and 5ast it would be a huge welcome. They still need a considerable amount of help but with a couple of adequate additions they'll be all set(atleast to make the playoffs).

Last edited by BodyControl : 07-11-2006 at 03:11 PM.
BodyControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:08 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They better get a center if they want him to even consider.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #3
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Hopefully James will decide to go to Minnesota today. That would be so kewlz. Then we could trade Hassell to Memphis for Lorenzen Wright.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:27 PM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
If he can average 20pts 5reb and 5ast it would be a huge welcome.

Ahhh! Expecting too much there is gonna cause disapointment.

What James are you talking about saKf?
Old 07-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #5
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Ahhh! Expecting too much there is gonna cause disapointment.

What James are you talking about saKf?

mike
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #6
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

oh yeah wtf am I thinking lol. Has there been any news between him and the Twolves?
Old 07-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #7
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

scipio has an OK reputation so far

Well, I don't know if he's enough for KG to consider staying in Minnesota, but he's enough for Minnesota to hold off on trading away KG. I'll explain that.

If KG wanted to contend for a title immediately, I would have to think he'd be best off demanding a trade and not believing that Foye is going to be a star right away. However, from Minny's point of view, a Foye and KG tandem surrounded with solid roleplayers is their best shot at winning a title in the forseeable future. It's not likely that they'll win a title, but it's the Wolves' best shot.

I'd like to add that the Foye hype is getting out of hand (not in this thread in particular, just in general). Maybe hype is the wrong word. Expectations is perhaps more accurate. The way certain guys compared him to Wade (Jay F'in Bilas, for instance) before the draft is ridiculous. No one can expect for their pick to turn into a Wade caliber player, and certainly one can't expect that to happen right away. I think Foye will be a very good and maybe even great player, but it's unfair to expect him to be the franchise savior right away.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:40 PM   #8
xHardcourtx
I airball my layups

xHardcourtx has an OK reputation so far

the only news that ive heard is that minny is the only one still trying to work out a S&T for him with the raptors. that's gotta mean something because that means more cash for mike james.
xHardcourtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:40 PM   #9
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Man if that happens

PG- Mike James
SG- Randy Foye
SF- Ricky Davis
PF- Kevin Garnett
C- Lorenzen Wright

I dont care what you say they can compete for playoffs.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #10
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me

420puffer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Hopefully James will decide to go to Minnesota today. That would be so kewlz. Then we could trade Hassell to Memphis for Lorenzen Wright.
NO !!! Trade Hassell? He is your franchise player ! kakakka
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #11
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Man if that happens

PG- Mike James
SG- Randy Foye
SF- Ricky Davis
PF- Kevin Garnett
C- Lorenzen Wright

I dont care what you say they can compete for playoffs.
If he gets that lineup and doesnt make the playoffs, not only is he out of the best player and pf discussions, he is out of the top 10 players discussions. That lineup has more talent than the mavs starting lineup. (if you leave out the pfs.)
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #12
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

C'mon McHale, pull it off or you officially suck at life.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #13
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Foye can score and play defense, that's for sure.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #14
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would like to see the wolves make the playoffs.(mainly to see the mavs beat them) Foye is solid. I think he will be the second best rookie in this draft.(roy)
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:04 PM   #15
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

with mike james this team might have a shot at the playoffs, if they can still get a center who plays some D

a lineup of

james
foye
davis
garnett
average center

should be good enough for the playoffs.
they might be able to trade mccants and beatoff griffin for some big

Last edited by thenextgreatbigman : 07-11-2006 at 05:08 PM.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: