Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #16
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Default Re: Fisher interested in the Knicks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24Bryant
Not according to the laker fans I talk to. Even they don't want him for the full MLE.

I want Fisher and Im a lakers fan...i dont think he will get the full MLE but i really want him on the team
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #17
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Not according to the laker fans I talk to. Even they don't want him for the full MLE.
From another thread on the front page:
Quote:
Blake or Fisher to the Lakers. I dont care if we have to give the full MLE, we're desperate for a decent PG.
Quote:
blake is ok...but I still rather sign Derek Fisher..I dont care if he is kind of old...He can shot and is clutch and is a leader who want back down from Kobe...
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #18
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Fisher can't defend and he misses too many layups. Love the guy though.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #19
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

V,

This article might clear some things up, in particular these quotes:

Quote:
The retinal cancer that his daughter is battling has not worsened, but Fisher said both Tatum and her twin brother, Drew, who has not developed the cancer, will require regular medical care for another 32 months, through the duration of the contract.
That care, which requires a combination of specialized pediatricians, pediatric oncologists and pediatric ophthalmologists, was not available in Salt Lake City, even at the Huntsman Cancer Center, Fisher said.
He added that only a "handful" of cities fit for both Tatum and Drew's care and for Fisher to continue his basketball career. At the same time, Fisher questioned how many teams in those cities would be interested in a soon-to-be 33-year-old guard.

Quote:
Even after she finishes her last round of chemotherapy, Tatum will require monthly exams and Drew the same every other month. Fisher said it wasn't fair for him to play in one city and his wife to supervise his children's medical care in another city.

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_6287603

Quote:
If I remember, Fisher didn't want to play for the Jazz.

Not initially, but now I think its clear that he really liked the team, players, coaches, and organization. Fish has since said that this Jazz team was the best group he had ever played with. The fact that the FO let him out of his contract (which they certainly didn't have to do) shows how much they care about him.

Last edited by CakeorDeath : 07-05-2007 at 02:50 PM.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #20
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

I also want Fisher on the Lakers over Blake. Not for the MLE though. I'd give him 3.5 mil a year which is a decent offer for him. It's still overpaying but Fisher brings some great intagables to the table and he's definitely a positive influental guy to have around. Do it Mitch.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:50 PM   #21
Kobe24Bryant
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
From another thread on the front page:

Blake is asking for 6M. Lakers didn't wanna pay fisher the full MLE 3 seasons ago yet they will pay him FULL 3 years later for 5 years?

Last edited by Kobe24Bryant : 07-05-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Kobe24Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #22
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

So how come the Jazz did not work out a trade for Fisher and get *something* for him, rather than nothing? He could have specified a few teams he wanted to play for so that the Jazz could get value? Or, was it the cap space relief enough for the Jazz? (or is there something i am missing???)

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #23
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

Quote:
So how come the Jazz did not work out a trade for Fisher and get *something* for him, rather than nothing? He could have specified a few teams he wanted to play for so that the Jazz could get value? Or, was it the cap space relief enough for the Jazz? (or is there something i am missing???)

The cap space was probably enough, if for no other reason than it gives the Jazz a little bit of spielraum to prepare for Deron Williams' inevitable uber-raise.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:08 PM   #24
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Don't you fools know that Isiah is creating the Bad Boys II? How would Fisher's sissy ass fit with our team?
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #25
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

Maybe they didn't want to waste time trying to work out a trade with NY or LA. I'm sure the Jazz know that he'll be moving to one or the other so that's the teams they'd have to trade him too. I'm sure that he wants to move ASAP and he just asked them to release him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
The cap space was probably enough, if for no other reason than it gives the Jazz a little bit of spielraum to prepare for Deron Williams' inevitable uber-raise.
There's that part of it too.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #26
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Don't you fools know that Isiah is creating the Bad Boys II? How would Fisher's sissy ass fit with our team?

Maybe true. Since there was a Brawl this season involving the Knicks. But this isn't the first time the Knicks were involved in that kind of incident.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #27
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Come to Jersey Fish, it's close enough to the NY metropolitan area. Kidd needs a quality veteran back-up PG seeing that Marcus Williams still sucks at playing in the NBA. Fish could play back-up PG and play along side Kidd as well. This would eliminate the need for Jersey to bring back Eddie House or play Marcus for at least another year. It couldn't be a better match!!
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #28
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Blake is asking for 6M. Lakers didn't wanna pay him the full MLE 3 seasons ago yet they will pay him FULL 3 years later for 5 years?
Three seasons ago Blake hadn't proven himself to the extent he has now.

Three seasons ago you didn't have an uber-pissed Bryant forcing your hand on immediate help even if it isn't the wisest decision.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #29
Kobe24Bryant
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Three seasons ago Blake hadn't proven himself to the extent he has now.

Three seasons ago you didn't have an uber-pissed Bryant forcing your hand on immediate help even if it isn't the wisest decision.

Lakers didn't wanna pay Fisher 3 seasons ago for full MLE. My bad. There has been info out from Kobe's camp that even with Jermaine O' Neal he still wouldn't stay yet with Fisher, Kobe would? :
Kobe24Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: