Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
tenzan
I hit open layups

tenzan has an OK reputation so far
Default Grant Hill made $462,687 per game played with Orlando

Thats even more than Allan Houston made on his 100 million dollar contract at $436,681 per game with the Knicks lol

This is per regular season games played

do nba players get bonuses for playoff games?

Last edited by tenzan : 07-05-2007 at 04:48 PM.
tenzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:39 PM   #2
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Grant Hill got $462,687 per game played with Orlando

woooow!!!! thatz a lot.........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just calculated it and Kevin Garnett makes $6747.64 for every minute he plays :O. Thats more than 100 dollars per SECOND. He makes a pass, he gets a hundred bucks.

I would guess Grant Hill made about 10k for every minute.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:20 PM   #5
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

The Hill calculation is actually worse than that...they needed him those first 3 seasons with T-Mac. When the two were together, the team was a s good as any in the EC...apart they were a middling playoff team.

Most of G.Hill's games played were now, in the bottom half of his career.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:23 PM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it's amazing that even with that guaranteed money, that Hill went through all that rehab work to get back out on the court and at least attempt to EARN his money. 99 percent of NBAers probably would've just said "f uck it," if they were in his position.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #7
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

ReturnOfJimi has an OK reputation so far

How much per minute, I wonder?

There's gotta be a site somewhere with these kinds of stats.

I'm curious to know what signee made the most money per minute played on any particular deal of five years or more.

Jerome James has got to be going for some sort of record on his latest deal.

Yogi Stewart comes to mind, though I'm not sure how huge his deal was or how many minutes he ended up logging.
ReturnOfJimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #8
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

Quote:
it's amazing that even with that guaranteed money, that Hill went through all that rehab work to get back out on the court and at least attempt to EARN his money. 99 percent of NBAers probably would've just said "f uck it," if they were in his position.

I'd say it woulda been a good move to re-sign with ORL as a good faith gesture.

Also, I'd say he'd have done a favor to the Magic by declaring retirement early and getting insurance to take some of his deal off the books.

Darius Miles and Kenyon Martin should do the same thing... but they won't... in hopes that they can make an extra couple mill when their deal is bought out or the deal expires... even though no one will want them.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #9
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

How much does Kobe get a game? I know his contract is big money and is around 100 million?
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:08 PM   #10
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfJimi
I'd say it woulda been a good move to re-sign with ORL as a good faith gesture.

Also, I'd say he'd have done a favor to the Magic by declaring retirement early and getting insurance to take some of his deal off the books.

Darius Miles and Kenyon Martin should do the same thing... but they won't... in hopes that they can make an extra couple mill when their deal is bought out or the deal expires... even though no one will want them.

I guess he just felt that he could still help them, so that's why he didn't retire. Yeah, maybe he should've resigned with ORL as a good faith gesture, but he wants a ring and I can't blame him for going after one.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #11
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

Quote:
but he wants a ring and I can't blame him for going after one.

I can.

Why should Grant Hill get a ring?

He's already got NCAA gold and he's done very little in the league to really deserve a ring.

I hate this "I want to contend for a championship" crap.

HELP ORL WIN ONE!

Aren't they the ones that paid you all that money to help them win a championship?
Old 07-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #12
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Resign for what???? He has no obligation to resign for Grant Hill. No one cared, talked about, praised, gave props to Grant Hill for the most part as a Magic player. What do you remember, can recall from Grant Hill last year? You dont even know most likely. Wanna know why? Your care factor was low. Yet now that he is rumored to be moving on to Phx he should have resigned with Orlando?

Why would he retire early and take out insurance? Oh to help the franchise...you mean like Grant Hill did when he sacrificed his career playing on that ankle when he shouldnt have. No win situation sometimes...he fought, battled, rehabbed hard to get back. Didnt slack off, wasnt dogging it. He wanted to be out there helping the Magic. As you can see he hasnt retired when he is signing elsewhere because he feels he can still help a team. Latter part of his career when he reached his peak went down Hill for the most part. He probably is bitter, dissapointed his his career has ended up. Retiring would have been stupid unless he lost skills and he was in poor condition. Why dont you ask Jerome James to retire? What is he doing? Lets ask Hughes to give back some of his money...Shaq for playing half a season but getting paid like 2 good starters on a team.

Dont even come at Grant Hill like that. Standup dude, role model for bball players and men in general. You dont like it that he got paid handsomely dispiute being injured? Get over it. You wouldnt do what you ask Grant Hill to shut it. I damn sure wouldnt. And thats not to be evil but from the standpoint I'm a professional bball player...thats my dream. I came off a career year and I wanna play. No matter what it takes, surgeries etc etc. I'm gonna bust my ass, risk my health to be on that floor and help a team win. Grant Hill did that. Period.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #13
ReturnOfJimi
Good High School Starter

Quote:
resigned

I'm not asking anyone to resign their position... you heard me wrong.

I want Grant Hill to keep playing... only for Orlando.

Don't resign, Grant... don't let GoBB twist my mighty words.

Quote:
You dont like it that he got paid handsomely dispiute being injured?

I never said that. He deserves the money he got.

He should just have the balls to do ORL a favor since they gave him so much cash to clap in a suit.

"I want to contend for a championship!"

OK, contend.. with the team that showed you loyalty.

Last edited by ReturnOfJimi : 07-05-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnOfJimi
I can.

Why should Grant Hill get a ring?

He's already got NCAA gold and he's done very little in the league to really deserve a ring.

I hate this "I want to contend for a championship" crap.

HELP ORL WIN ONE!

Aren't they the ones that paid you all that money to help them win a championship?

Ok Castro...now go put a bullet in Grant Hill's head now.

Grant Hill owes you nor the Magic a damn thing. Mofos play the game to win a ring. He tried helping Orlando...its not REALISTIC (soemthing you need to deal with) for Orlando to win a ring. It aint gonna happen and thats a FACT. So why stay there? Oh so you would continue typing bout how much money he made that you feel he didnt earn? Ah I get it...no win situation ie I'm gonna complain regardless because I hate rich bball players getting paid all this money.
GOBB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #15
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I calculated years ago , that MJ per shot was more than I made in a year.

Salaries are a bad topic for me.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: