Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 11:07 PM   #1
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

No offense to anyone who has one, but I identify many of you by your avatars and sometimes when a guy has a picture of a chick in his avatar it makes me think that I am talking a chick...

do any of you have that problem as well?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:10 PM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,312
Default Re: do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

so, based on your logic, you must think I'm an old man

I kinda get your point, though. Never really thought about it that way.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:10 PM   #3
Selenium
Good High School Starter
 
Selenium's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 894
Default Re: do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

No. I tend to think the opposite. When I see someone with a female as an avatar I just assume they're a guy. Especially when it's a model.
Selenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:13 PM   #4
tmacman
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 910
Default Re: do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

wtf? no. if "guy" posters had avatars of professional models then it wouldn't be a big concern. what the hell makes you think that theyr'e a girl?
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:14 PM   #5
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
so, based on your logic, you must think I'm an old man

I kinda get your point, though. Never really thought about it that way.
in a way....kinda

I know your not, but in my subconcious i am typing to bob barker
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:14 PM   #6
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacman
wtf? no. if "guy" posters had avatars of professional models then it wouldn't be a big concern. what the hell makes you think that theyr'e a girl?
because I see a picture of a girl's face there...right under their name
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:15 PM   #7
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,312
Default Re: do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

when compared to the age of most of the other posters on here, I might as well be Bob Barker
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:16 PM   #8
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star
 
G-train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,964
Default Re: do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

No I always presume its a guy on this forum unless they type like this....

"Nash is soooooooooooooo hot!!!!. Like you really think Lebron is better!!!!"
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:17 PM   #9
tmacman
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 910
Default Re: do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
because I see a picture of a girl's face there...right under their name
Your a ****ing idiot.


If it was a professional model as a posters avatar, maybe, saay, Jessica Alba? You'd actually think that's her? dumbass
tmacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:18 PM   #10
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,312
Default Re: do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

can't we disagree with someone w/o calling them a name?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:21 PM   #11
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacman
Your a ****ing idiot.


If it was a professional model as a posters avatar, maybe, saay, Jessica Alba? You'd actually think that's her? dumbass
this is my subconcious....if i really think about it then I know that they aren't

and if it was Alba then IDK....most are just some random hot chick's face....and my first reaction is to presume they are female.

If I get into a heated debate with them (kinda like you are now) then that goes away.


btw....what the hell kind of pixel mess is your avatar?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:29 PM   #12
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass
 
RecSpecs110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,020
Default Re: do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

I'm Jay-Z everyone. :)
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #13
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
I'm Jay-Z everyone. :)
it honestly is hard for me to realize that you are probably just some little white dude that loves Jay...

my subconcious wants me to think you are a black dude that is his age...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:38 PM   #14
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod
 
haterofhaters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4,121
Default Re: do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

when I first joined ISH, that's what I used to think. I thought DeuceWallaces, Renzor and L.Kizzle were all chicks.:
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:40 PM   #15
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass
 
RecSpecs110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,020
Default Re: do people with girl avatars make you think that they are girls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
it honestly is hard for me to realize that you are probably just some little white dude that loves Jay...

my subconcious wants me to think you are a black dude that is his age...

I don't love him, in fact, I don't exactly like him either. It's the picture that I like.

"Some little white dude," ouch, that's a bit harsh.

You're not alone here, avatars do affect our subconscious mind and we picture that person accordingly, but not necessarily the way you do...........that is, until the person changes their avatar.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy