Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-05-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here
Default Laptop problem

I think my laptop has a virus becuase when i turn it on, it just says that there is a problem, restarts, and says the same thing again, over and over. What do you guys suggest i should do? I want to fix it myself because i don't want to pay for someone to fix it.

Please help.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Laptop problem

lol what error does it give you?
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #3
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
lol what error does it give you?
I don't know. It shows up for like a second and then it restarts.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If its a windows laptop, try pressing F8 as the system begins to start up and see if it will go into safe mode. You might have a file system corruption which might require you to reload Windows.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #5
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILballa
I don't know. It shows up for like a second and then it restarts.
Well, do you have anything important on it?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #6
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

SJellen has an OK reputation so far

i would get the startup disks and start the laptop up with it in it. probly make you reformat the hdd. youll lose everything but save the computer.

then id get a macbook
SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:53 PM   #7
ILballa
Hemp Coach

Quote:
Well, do you have anything important on it?
no
Old 07-05-2007, 10:54 PM   #8
ILballa
Hemp Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJellen
i would get the startup disks and start the laptop up with it in it. probly make you reformat the hdd. youll lose everything but save the computer.

then id get a macbook
What if i can't find the startup disks?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:56 PM   #9
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Try Safe Mode as I suggested... press F8 and see if the computer even starts up. If it does, then you know you have a Windows issue.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #10
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
What kinda pc is it? I know most of them will send you the restore disks if you contact them... It cost 20 bucks or something.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #11
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Try Safe Mode as I suggested... press F8 and see if the computer even starts up. If it does, then you know you have a Windows issue.

Its always a windows issue.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #12
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

SJellen has an OK reputation so far

SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:02 PM   #13
SoCalMike

Quote:

Its always a windows issue.

Actually, seriously I have read that something like 98% of all computer "problems" are related to software and not hardware. Not sure if that is fact, but I would not be surprised if it was true.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:07 PM   #14
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Actually, seriously I have read that something like 98% of all computer "problems" are related to software and not hardware. Not sure if that is fact, but I would not be surprised if it was true.

lol windows is "software" hardware is something you can see like harddrive, cd drive case, motherboard video card etc etc.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:09 PM   #15
dudeguykid
High school junior varsity star

dudeguykid has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJellen

then id get a macbook

i would follow this portion of this guys advice if I were you.
dudeguykid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: