Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-06-2007, 01:08 AM   #16
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Re: Top 24 under 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
at 21 he put up 17/9 on 47%, howard is putting up 17/12 on 60%

bosh is good but dwight has the body to be the best big man ever (not saying he will be) and actually has a personality.
Tim Duncan has 4 championships. Remind me what personality has to do with being a better player?
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:09 AM   #17
dffsaf9
Decent playground baller

dffsaf9 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Defense wins........what?

CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Superior defense wins championships
dffsaf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #18
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dffsaf9
Superior defense wins championships

ok?

In two years, when Dwight turns 23....this won't even be a discussion anymore. :
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #19
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

bosh is good but dwight has the body to be the best big man ever (not saying he will be) and actually has a personality.
WTF does personality have to do with you you would pick to start a franchise? Sweet logic you got there.

Until Dwight shows me signs that he can do more Dunk and get garbage buckets, than yes I would choose to build a team around Bosh.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:11 AM   #20
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
Defense wins........what?

CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Why would I want to build my team around a big guy that hangs around the perimeter for jumpers and fadeaways?

That's the guards' job.

So that means you'd take Okafor over Bosh as well?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #21
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation hereTake Your Lumps has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
WTF does personality have to do with you you would pick to start a franchise? Sweet logic you got there.

Until Dwight shows me signs that he can do more Dunk and get garbage buckets, than yes I would choose to build a team around Bosh.

That's what they used to say about Shaq.

"All he does is dunk"
Old 07-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #22
dffsaf9
Decent playground baller

dffsaf9 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Why would I want to build my team around a big guy that hangs around the perimeter for jumpers and fadeaways?

i hate when people try to make points when they have no knowledge? you obviously haven't watched enough Chris Bosh if you think he sits on the Perimeter...11 rpg, 1.3 bpg, while standing where?

the outside ability of Bosh is often mentioned because he's a unique player who can do both...watch the game!
dffsaf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:13 AM   #23
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dffsaf9
dwight shows very little signs of ever having, even close, to the offensive arsenal Chris Bosh has. You could argue Bosh is one of the toughest players to gaurd in the game already with combined range,quickness,athleticism.

offensively- Bosh>>>>Dwight
Defensively-Dwight>>Bosh
Rebouding- Dwight>>Bosh
Range- Bosh>>>>>>>>>>Dwight
Versitility- Bosh>>Dwight
Handle- bosh>>>>dwight
IQ- Bosh>>>Dwight
let's finish this off
Potential- Howard>>>>>>>Bosh
Age- Howard>>>>Bosh
Size- Howard>>>>bosh
Coach- Bosh>>>>Howard
Team- Bosh>>>>Howard

And taking bosh over howard is like taking garnett over shaq, yeah hes versitile and can hit the jumpshot but he can't bang in the post like the big guy(that's what wins rings). Not that you lose taking the other one but 60%>>>48%
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:15 AM   #24
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Coach- Bosh>>>>Howard

That won't be true after this season, the Magic will have a better coach. Not that it'll matter really since Dwight won't lead the Magic to anywhere.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:15 AM   #25
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputation

Quote:

Bosh is a better basketball player than Dwight. aint about bodies. DH should be down a few notches on the list.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:16 AM   #26
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
That's what they used to say about Shaq.

"All he does is dunk"
Actually Shaq had a great post game which Howard does not.

Shaq had a variety of moves in the post that led to dunks. Howard has very little post moves, from what I have seen.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:16 AM   #27
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Bokes, no offense but your list really sucks. How do Darko and Livingston get on there but Kevin Martin can't?
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:16 AM   #28
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
So that means you'd take Okafor over Bosh as well?

I wouldn't go that far.

Chris is a great player....but in the same sense that KG is a great player. I just wouldn't build around them as my big men if I had Dwight Howard on the board.

If Patrick Ewing didn't shoot so many damn jumpshots, the Knicks would have won at least 1 'chip in the 90s.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:17 AM   #29
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Bokes, no offense but your list really sucks. How do Darko and Livingston get on there but Kevin Martin can't?
He didn't make it himself.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #30
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
that was just an extra because it sells. Duncan is my favorite player of all time and i can watch him all day, unlike most people. Most fans want to see charisma, emotion, it gets them in the game and people buy that. Spurs are a great team and have their rings but nobody tuned in to watch them play.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: