Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-06-2007, 01:19 AM   #31
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Top 24 under 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
He didn't make it himself.

Oh yeah I reread it after I posted and just realized that. Sorry dude.

but the list still sucks.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:19 AM   #32
dffsaf9
Decent playground baller

dffsaf9 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Team- Bosh>>>>Howard

you might want to change that too..

without dwight and Bosh...

Team-magic>>raptors

Team- raptors(with Bosh)>>>>magic(with Dwight)

i wouldnt be jumping about Bosh's support, alot of good role players but no one over 14ppg after Bosh
dffsaf9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:20 AM   #33
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
that was just an extra because it sells. Duncan is my favorite player of all time and i can watch him all day, unlike most people. Most fans want to see charisma, emotion, it gets them in the game and people buy that. Spurs are a great team and have their rings but nobody tuned in to watch them play.
Still doesn't make much sense to me.

I could care less if my star player is charasmatic. I would rather him be able to get it done on the court.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:21 AM   #34
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Bokes, no offense but your list really sucks. How do Darko and Livingston get on there but Kevin Martin can't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I found this on another website. Agree or disagree?

none taken
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:21 AM   #35
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Dwight >>> Bosh

It's pretty easy to say that he's beating Bosh in every category except shooting outside shots. Dwight's work ethic will shine through. Everyone whose an NBA fan knows Dwight's work ethic is unreal. He will make his points in the post mostly anyway. Great shooting percentages.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:22 AM   #36
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Dwight >>> Bosh

It's pretty easy to say that he's beating Bosh in every category except shooting outside shots. Dwight's work ethic will shine through. Everyone whose an NBA fan knows Dwight's work ethic is unreal. He will make his points in the post mostly anyway. Great shooting percentages.

I'm saying.....dude shoots 60%, get's you 18ppg and 12-13rpg in his 3rd year.

What more could you want in a big man?

He'll be scary good in a couple years.

BUT, I will say this. Bosh will be better than KG in a couple years.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:26 AM   #37
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Are you talking prime KG or KG now?
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:28 AM   #38
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Dwight >>> Bosh

Bosh has quite the work ethic himself, even if it isn't talked about or he doesn't have Dwight's monster body size. Think about this, how is a guy Bosh's size pulling down almost 11 boards a game? It sounds like most of you just watched his one playoff series against NJ and judged his whole career based on that.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:29 AM   #39
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

How old's Wade?
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:30 AM   #40
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiens
How old's Wade?
Old 07-06-2007, 01:30 AM   #41
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiens
How old's Wade?
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:31 AM   #42
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I can see Bosh being a better scorer than KG but that's about it. Bosh has a ways to go before he even matches KG's rebounding, defense and passing. KG = grossly underrated.

And while Howard is getting 18 and 12 and is still 21. Bosh is getting 22 and 11 at 23 while leading (and he is the clear leader of his team) his team to a division title and decent playoff seed. It's not like Bosh is anywhere close to topping out either.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:37 AM   #43
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I can see Bosh being a better scorer than KG but that's about it. Bosh has a ways to go before he even matches KG's rebounding, defense and passing. KG = grossly underrated.

And while Howard is getting 18 and 12 and is still 21. Bosh is getting 22 and 11 at 23 while leading his team to a division title and decent playoff seed. It's not like Bosh is anywhere close to topping out either.
ATLANTIC! you're talking about the KNICKS, 76ers and nets who are slowly falling apart. And just like the magic they lost in the first round, to a team in their own division, a team without a big man. In fact, if jefferson was around for the whole season the nets would have won the division.
Howard had his team in the playoffs and the best player after him was Nelson, that's saying a lot. Grant is almost done and that team doesn't have much else to talk about.

at 21 bosh put up 17/9, if howard improves the way bosh did he'll put up 24/15 at 23. And his offensive game is far from polished. He didn't come into the league as an offensive threat, bosh came in ready.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:40 AM   #44
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
ATLANTIC! you're talking about the KNICKS, 76ers and nets who are slowly falling apart. And just like the magic they lost in the first round, to a team in their own division, a team without a big man. In fact, if jefferson was around for the whole season the nets would have won the division.
Howard had his team in the playoffs and the best player after him was Nelson, that's saying a lot. Grant is almost done and that team doesn't have much else to talk about.

at 21 bosh put up 17/9, if howard improves the way bosh did he'll put up 24/15 at 23. And his offensive game is far from polished. He didn't come into the league as an offensive threat, bosh came in ready.
First, the Raptors put up a 47-35 record which was good enough for 8th best in the league. The Magic were in the worst division in the east last year (heat won with 44 wins) and Orlando squeaked in by default since nobody else could manage a .500 record. Anything else?
Old 07-06-2007, 01:51 AM   #45
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

As funny as it sounds, the whole "take big man over perimeter player when starting a franchise" works in this scenerio with Bosh (being the perimeter oriented player) and Howard (the guy who plays like a true big man)

Howard' potential is something I'm very intrigued by. He has the tools, and has shown some improvement, to be a dominating force.

His potential attributes and things that he will bring to a basketball team are far more influencial on winning basketball games than Bosh' are.

Howard in his prime can impact the game like Duncan can, to a less degree I believe. While Bosh in his prime can impact the game like Dirk can, to a less degree.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: