Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 07-06-2007, 12:43 AM   #1
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default kareem rush as a pacer, what are your thoughts?

i've liked him ever since he singlehandedly whooped our butts that one time. he is a good outside shooter and that's what we're looking for. i don't know too much about him defensively though, but i think i could see him in a pacers uniform. btw, he has a nba career 3pt % of .345. pretty good, pretty good.

Last edited by jbot : 07-06-2007 at 12:45 AM.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #2
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: kareem rush as a pacer, what are your thoughts?

I think he will fit in well with the Pacers. He can shoot the ball and give you big 3pt shots when you need them. I would like to see him in the starting line up cause I don't really Mike Dunleavy at the 2spot.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:16 PM   #3
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation

he has talent.
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #4
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

All 3 Rush brothers can play. It was sad to see Kareem left off a roster - the guy is atleast an average player that should give him atleast a role player job on a bad-to-decent team or a bench player on a good team.

Then next year Pacers should draft Brandon - killer duo of the brothers that'd give them some solid publicity - they do need some of that.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
All 3 Rush brothers can play. It was sad to see Kareem left off a roster - the guy is atleast an average player that should give him atleast a role player job on a bad-to-decent team or a bench player on a good team.

i couldn't agree more. they never gave a reason why he was cut from the bobcat's roster and he doesn't even know why. i hope he plays well for our summer team and makes a final spot.

good post btw.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:59 PM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Being a Bobcat fan I was not happy when Rush was cut from the team; if he becomes a Pacer I hope that he will kick-ass when you guys play the Cats!
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:50 PM   #7
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I have a lot of respect for Kareem Rush. He can hit the long ball at a good percentage, exactly what the Pacers need (exactly what every NBA team needs). He has had some very good games during his NBA career.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad

i'm wondering how if he plans to go crazy when they play the bobcats. still don't know why they let him go. maybe he was banging some front office person's daughter.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #9
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12

Then next year Pacers should draft Brandon - killer duo of the brothers that'd give them some solid publicity - they do need some of that.

Isn't Brandon like 6'6"? That's a small starting lineup if they both start.

I've liked [Kareem] Rush for a while, ever since he played for the Lakers (didn't he nail three three-pointers in a playoff game one time?). I thought he was going to develop into a starter someday with them, and maybe even take over once Kobe decided to leave/retire (wishful thinking, I know). I was okay when he got kicked off of the Bobcats roster. Although he could've been a good player for them, I wanted to see him go to a team where he could shine. Now he's in Indiana, and I think he could have a breakout year. If he does, he'll certainly shut me up about putting Indiana in the top 5 of all of my mock drafts.

This should be an exciting year for Kareem and the Pacers. I don't have a favorite team; I'm just neutral, but the Pacers are a team that I will definitely be rooting for in the upcoming season. Go Pacers/Kareem!
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:25 PM   #10
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^^^
Dude how old were you when he was drafted back in '02?? like 7 or 8? jesus man! How far back can you remember/ when did you start watchin the league??
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:17 AM   #11
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The reason why he did get cut for the lakers is that he is way too inconsitent. Thats his problem.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:55 AM   #12
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

The Lakers traded Kareem Rush to the Charlotte Bobcats only 14 games into the 2004-05 season in exchange for two future second-round draft picks. In Charlotte, Rush found a larger role, often starting for the Bobcats and playing over 25 minutes per game while averaging 11.5 points per night. He would miss the final 27 games of the season, however, with a strained MCL in his knee that he sustained on March 2 in New Orleans.

During the 2005-06 offseason, Rush signed with the Seattle SuperSonics but was made expendable due to a slow recovery from a groin injury, and was waived to make room for a replacement for two front court players who had sustained injuries.

On July 3, 2007, the Indiana Pacers signed Kareem Rush citing their need for a shooter.

He can play its just that he has been injuried at times and that he never played defense when he had to. I think he can have a break out year as long as he stays healthy and play defense which I read an article he's improved on since signing with the Pacers. It's a one year deal so if he can prove his self I think he could stay. I really would like to see him start at SG for the Pacers.

But their are other teams who need a SG like Orlando, Utah, Denver, and the Spurs because Mike Finley and Bruce Bowen are getting older, and I gonna say the Bulls to because Ben Gordon has trouble with taller SG when they post him up.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:33 PM   #13
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle

But their are other teams who need a SG like Orlando, Utah, Denver, and the Spurs because Mike Finley and Bruce Bowen are getting older, and I gonna say the Bulls to because Ben Gordon has trouble with taller SG when they post him up.

whats ur point?
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #14
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
^^^
Dude how old were you when he was drafted back in '02?? like 7 or 8? jesus man! How far back can you remember/ when did you start watchin the league??

I was 9 back in '02. I started watching the league when I was about 10 I believe, back when Shaq and Kobe were the team and the Kings were my most feared opponent. Before that, my hobbies included spraying myself on purpose when I missed while peeing in the urinals, and Pokemon.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle

whats ur point?

I think he means that Kareem will be gone from Indiana soon, or he believes Kareem has a better shot at succeeding on one of those teams.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:59 PM   #15
idizzle
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
whats ur point?

Damn cocaine is a hell of a drug. My point was that if he leaves after his one year deal is up. Other teams that need SG will make offers. He just need to to stay healthy and keep improving his defense.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: