Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

theinfamousmobb has an OK reputation so far
Default Rakim is the greatest rapper of all time...

Anyone care to disagree? If so please explain why.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board
Default Re: Rakim is the greatest rapper of all time...

Big Daddy Kane has case. They were two of the first guys to use the current sy6le of rapping we here today.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Big Daddy Kane has case. They were two of the first guys to use the current sy6le of rapping we here today.
Noooooo, the style of rapping we hear today is extremely dumbed down and repetitive, so I guess you mean rappers like Nas and Jay.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this boardL.Kizzle is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousmobb
Noooooo, the style of rapping we hear today is extremely dumbed down and repetitive, so I guess you mean rappers like Nas and Jay.
I should have said they was before there time. Not tryin to compare with Yung Joc or these curent crop (crap) of rappers.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:41 PM   #5
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

Rakim's latest stuff has been mostly garbage - no where near the level of "Let the Rythm Hit Em", "Paid in Full" or "Follow the Leader"...

LL Cool J is arguably the best ever for longevity alone, not to mention the battles he's had, the # of hit songs, the classic songs, etc

Slick Rick has had one of the biggest impacts with his storytelling - he took it to a whole new level and as far as I'm concerned, without him you don't have Andre3000 or Scarface, etc
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #6
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatism
Rakim's latest stuff has been mostly garbage - no where near the level of "Let the Rythm Hit Em", "Paid in Full" or "Follow the Leader"...

LL Cool J is arguably the best ever for longevity alone, not to mention the battles he's had, the # of hit songs, the classic songs, etc

Slick Rick has had one of the biggest impacts with his storytelling - he took it to a whole new level and as far as I'm concerned, without him you don't have Andre3000 or Scarface, etc
Latest stuff? Rakim hasnt released an album in a while, and his still sick, peep his verse on Jay-Z's song The Watcher 2 which was on the Blueprint 2

[Verse Three: Rakim]
I'm "Rated R," my brain contains graphics thangs
It turn traumatic teens into addicts, and fiends
It's like, watchin a movie through a panoramic screen
Which means, I can see the whole planet in the scene
Cash is the topic, the object, a fatter pocket
Some take the crack and chop it, but those that haven't got it
take away the added profit, it's catastrophic
I take the gat and **** it, and I'll sit back and watch it
These New York streets is ugly, I keep it gully
The world is mine and can't nobody keep it from me
Yo, my neighborhood is never sunny
In the place where the number one cause of death is money
You can try copin
I've seen enough **** to leave your frame of mind broken
I'm still alive and scopin
Be another hundred years 'til my skies close in
And I'ma die with my eyes open, the watcher {*echoes*}
Old 07-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #7
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

who??
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:55 PM   #8
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

Latest as in last stuff he did..."The Master" was trash, "18th Letter" was just ok... curious to hear how "7th Seal" sounds, is that even out yet?
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #9
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatism
Latest as in last stuff he did..."The Master" was trash, "18th Letter" was just ok... curious to hear how "7th Seal" sounds, is that even out yet?
Nope, supposed to come out later this year but you know how it goes for labels now, if yo sh|t aint no kiddie ringtone dance hip-pop they keep pushin it back.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:03 PM   #10
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
who??
If your a fan of hip-hop you need to slap yourself.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #11
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

gza is better. both have a great flow, but gza's lyrics are simply deeper and more complex, so i have to go with gza.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:09 PM   #12
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
gza is better. both have a great flow, but gza's lyrics are simply deeper and more complex, so i have to go with gza.
True GZA is nice, but Rakim revolutionized the rhyme game, not to mention he has several classics under his belt.

Last edited by theinfamousmobb : 07-06-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:15 PM   #13
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
True GZA is nice, but RZA revolutionized the rhyme game, not to mention he has several classics under his belt.

RZA is actually my favorite rapper, GZA being #2... but GZA is the better rapper of the 2 because his flow is just incredible. RZA certainly has the lyrics but his flow isnt always as good as GZA. as far as a complete artist RZA is better since he produced most of the classic material along with rapping and pretty much coming up with the wu-tang concept and sound.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #14
theinfamousmobb
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
RZA is actually my favorite rapper, GZA being #2... but GZA is the better rapper of the 2 because his flow is just incredible. RZA certainly has the lyrics but his flow isnt always as good as GZA. as far as a complete artist RZA is better since he produced most of the classic material along with rapping and pretty much coming up with the wu-tang concept and sound.
WHOOOPPPSSS I meant to type Rakim not RZA. I dont really like RZA when he raps...
Old 07-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #15
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
WHOOOPPPSSS I meant to type Rakim not RZA. I dont really like RZA when he raps...

well rakim may have revolutionized the rhyme game, but GZA was huge part of a group that revolutionized rap music completely. wu-tang is on another level when it comes to being unique. nothing else is like the wu and nothing else will ever compare to the wu.

have you ever heard RZA on the gravediggaz album 6 feet deep? his style is different then it is on wu albums, you might like it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: