Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-06-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool
Default Andres Nocioni signs

Posted on ESPN news today

"Chicago Bulls forward Andres Nocioni has agreed to a five-year contract worth about $38 million, the Chicago Tribune reported Friday.

The deal can't become official until the NBA's moratorium on free agent signings ends July 11. But Bulls general manager John Paxson confirmed the deal is in place, the Tribune reported.

According to sources, the contract includes a team option for a sixth season, the newspaper reported."
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #2
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Andres Nocioni signs

Hell yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 38 million for 5 is a bargain. Had Noc not been injured last year, we would be paying a lot more or possibly losing him to another squad. I hope his foot heals with a summer's worth of rest so he can come back 100% playing like the guy who give 1000%. I love you Noc and I am happy you will play your prime out here in the Chi City. Bulls in 08 Nucka.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:16 PM   #3
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

I can't wait to see

TT
Noah
Noc

on the floor all at the same time
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #4
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Good news. Now are we going to try to deal him to get Gasol?
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:19 PM   #5
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

MaCC2MuCh has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Good news. Now are we going to try to deal him to get Gasol?

wont happen.......trust me....
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:42 PM   #6
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
I can't wait to see

TT
Noah
Noc

on the floor all at the same time

I honestly feel that this current team will be able to make it out of the east next season. I'm not ready to start complaining about Paxson's decision to draft Noah. If the Bulls keep their current players they'll have an awesome starting lineup and a really good bench. I hope they re-sign PJ Brown but limit his minutes so Tyrus can get more playing time.

Wallace/Noah/Gray
PJ Brown/Tyrus Thomas
Luol Deng/Nocioni
Ben Gordon/Sefolosha
Kirk Hinrich/Duhon/JamesOn

I say Paxson stays with that roster for next season and maybe sign one more big man who can score at least 10 PPG for them. If it doesn't work out then make a move after this next season. I've heard there are going to be several free agents next season including Kevin Garnett. So who knows... perhaps they'll sign Kevin Garnett? That would be amazing without giving anyone up for him.

2008/2009 season could look something like

Wallace/Noah
Garnett/Thomas
Luol Deng/Nocioni
Gordon/Sefolosha or even Sefolosha/Gordon
Hinrich/Duhon/JamesOn

The first team I mentioned wins at least 50-55 and makes it to the ECF at least. With Garnett the Bulls would be NBA champions.

Last edited by ConanRulesNBC : 07-06-2007 at 09:47 PM.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
Belizario
I hit open layups

Belizario has an OK reputation so far

that would be cool but i just dont see Garnett in a chicago uni...

but i do love your name "conanrulesnbc" because conan does rule.. so funny
Belizario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:54 PM   #8
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

baller42590 has an OK reputation so far

yessir this is gonna be a good season hopefully.
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #9
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

baller42590 has an OK reputation so far

well scratch that i mean a better season. lol
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:21 AM   #10
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Garnett probably won't be in Chicago ever. I just don't see it happening. Not even in a year when he becomes free from the cold depths of a career wasted in Minnesota. It would be nice to see him take less money to win somewhere else, but here? He apparently prefers a warm weather location, whatever, through with that talk. SO... We got Noc so now we need one or two more solid FA aquisitions. I would like for Joe Smith to be the Mid Level Exception signing. I think he is the best fit overall. Mihm scares me because he gets injured often, and seven footers don't tend to age well, unless your last name starts with "Mutum" and ends in "bo". Mikki Moore could work well but i think the Nets will definetly match the Bulls MLE offer. I mean getting P.J. back would be good for one more year, but i really want Tyrus to start or play the majority of minutes. Reguardless the team should be improved despite no major aquisitions, but don't sleep on Noah, he is going to work out well in my opinion. Nice try Chris Wallace and the Grizzlies, you'll never have a player who goes all out and has the passion for the game and his team like Andres Nocioni.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #11
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

I agree that Joe Smith should be our guy with the midlevel exception. He's a good character guy, just goes and plays his amount of minutes. He'll never force anything but if we need we can run the offense through him for short streches of games. A lineup like this would follow his signing:

PG Kirk Hinrich/Chris Duhon/JamesOn Curry
SG Ben Gordon/Thabo Sefolosha
SF Luol Deng/Andres Nocioni/Viktor Khryapa
PF Joe Smith/Tyrus Thomas/Joakim Noah
C Big Ben Wallce/Aaron Gray/Joakim Noah
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:01 AM   #12
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Garnett probably won't be in Chicago ever. I just don't see it happening. Not even in a year when he becomes free from the cold depths of a career wasted in Minnesota. It would be nice to see him take less money to win somewhere else, but here? He apparently prefers a warm weather location, whatever, through with that talk. SO... We got Noc so now we need one or two more solid FA aquisitions. I would like for Joe Smith to be the Mid Level Exception signing. I think he is the best fit overall. Mihm scares me because he gets injured often, and seven footers don't tend to age well, unless your last name starts with "Mutum" and ends in "bo". Mikki Moore could work well but i think the Nets will definetly match the Bulls MLE offer. I mean getting P.J. back would be good for one more year, but i really want Tyrus to start or play the majority of minutes. Reguardless the team should be improved despite no major aquisitions, but don't sleep on Noah, he is going to work out well in my opinion. Nice try Chris Wallace and the Grizzlies, you'll never have a player who goes all out and has the passion for the game and his team like Andres Nocioni.

Minnesota is one of the freezing places of the US, i think it gets even colder up there than Chicago and if he really prefered warm places better then he would have requested/demanded a trade out of MIN a long time ago.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:37 AM   #13
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Andres Nocioni signs

He is also from Chicago, which should give us a leg up in the negotiations. I seriously doubt that we would be able to sign him or any other top teir FA next summer, unless we can somehow unload Big Ben's contract. We are close to the cap limit now with Noc signed, and our two FA's next summer are Gordon and Deng. We know that Paxson will resign Deng, but we probably won't have enough money to resign Gordon, much less someone like Garnett. I always like to dream though.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:20 AM   #14
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
He is also from Chicago, which should give us a leg up in the negotiations. I seriously doubt that we would be able to sign him or any other top teir FA next summer, unless we can somehow unload Big Ben's contract. We are close to the cap limit now with Noc signed, and our two FA's next summer are Gordon and Deng. We know that Paxson will resign Deng, but we probably won't have enough money to resign Gordon, much less someone like Garnett. I always like to dream though.

Then maybe we should pack it up for BG for a team in desperate needs and get a decent SG in return and some future first rounds picks. I mean wouldn't you like to chance to draft one of these guys in 2008 - Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Love, Eric Gordon ? I know I do
Old 07-07-2007, 04:23 AM   #15
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I honestly feel that this current team will be able to make it out of the east next season. I'm not ready to start complaining about Paxson's decision to draft Noah. If the Bulls keep their current players they'll have an awesome starting lineup and a really good bench. I hope they re-sign PJ Brown but limit his minutes so Tyrus can get more playing time.

Wallace/Noah/Gray
PJ Brown/Tyrus Thomas
Luol Deng/Nocioni
Ben Gordon/Sefolosha
Kirk Hinrich/Duhon/JamesOn

I say Paxson stays with that roster for next season and maybe sign one more big man who can score at least 10 PPG for them. If it doesn't work out then make a move after this next season. I've heard there are going to be several free agents next season including Kevin Garnett. So who knows... perhaps they'll sign Kevin Garnett? That would be amazing without giving anyone up for him.

2008/2009 season could look something like

Wallace/Noah
Garnett/Thomas
Luol Deng/Nocioni
Gordon/Sefolosha or even Sefolosha/Gordon
Hinrich/Duhon/JamesOn

The first team I mentioned wins at least 50-55 and makes it to the ECF at least. With Garnett the Bulls would be NBA champions.

I would like Pax to take a more proactive approach on getting us Luis Scola from the Spurs. Scola was drafted by the Spurs in 2002 but still hasn't played a single NBA game. Maybe Duhon+filler+cash should do for the right of Scola. Scola is argually the best european post player not in the NBA. He would also love to play in Chicago with his compatriota Nocioni.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: