Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 07-11-2006, 05:39 PM   #31
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Eh...I can see this being Troy Hudson over again.
The thing is, James has actually proven something before going to Minnesota. Hudson had a half decent season and one good playoff series against a team that flat-out couldn't guard point guards for a stretch of three or four years.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:40 PM   #32
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Also, um...

YES!
Old 07-11-2006, 05:40 PM   #33
adamcz
Bucks fan

Magloire is better than half of the starting centers in the NBA, and was in the top 10 in the league in rebounds.

Jaric has five years and more than $30 million left on his contract, and doesn't have any particular skill. He has negative value.

So we're supposed to agree to take on Jaric's crap contract as our 3rd point guard in the depth chart, so that we get the "privelage" of letting the league's most famous *********or join the roster?

I'm sure the Milwaukee crowd would love nothing more than to bring Griffin to town.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #34
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

F U MIKE JAMES!! All that "i wanna come home to houston" talk was nothing but bullsh!t. he had a better chance to win with dallas, but more playing time with houston or minny. oh well, i kinda knew it was coming since houston booted him last season. he probably did all this just to piss houston off for trading him the first time. looks like im back on the mike james hater side and i hope the kg and the wolves never make the playoffs unless he is traded. =)

now the rockets have room for JOHN LUCAS III.

Last edited by SCREWstonRockets : 07-11-2006 at 05:48 PM.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #35
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Magloire is better than half of the starting centers in the NBA, and was in the top 10 in the league in rebounds.

Jaric has five years and more than $30 million left on his contract, and doesn't have any particular skill. He has negative value.

So we're supposed to agree to take on Jaric's crap contract as our 3rd point guard in the depth chart, so that we get the "privelage" of letting the league's most famous *********or join the roster?

I'm sure the Milwaukee crowd would love nothing more than to bring Griffin to town.

Jaric is good as a reserve at 1,2 and 3. But he is not a starter. For 25 minutes, he can be an effective player in the right system.

But he played out of position last year with the Wolves.

But I wouldn't trade for him if I was Milwaukee. If worse comes to worse, just let Magliore and Smith go when their contracts expire next year and they will have a ton of cap space.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #36
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

What was James thinking signing to Minnesota?

Instant all-star fame or helping KG back in the playoffs? i'm confused

Guys like him should be a Laker, so i can hate on em.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:46 PM   #37
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Jaric and Ricky for KMart now?
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #38
mayorhoiberg
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Also, um...

YES!

I second that.
mayorhoiberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #39
raiderfan19
Shazam!

I would love that, it would mean the end of the kmart to dallas rumors which will cause me to throw up if they ever come to fruition.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:54 PM   #40
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Jaric is good as a reserve at 1,2 and 3.
Good at what? Shooting? Passing? Defending? None of the above?
Quote:
If worse comes to worse, just let Magliore and Smith go when their contracts expire next year and they will have a ton of cap space.
I agree that letting those contracts expire is better than taking on a stupid contract like Jaric's, but for the record, there's no way we can have more cap space than the MLE unless we trade Redd or Simmons.

If the Wolves want Magloire, the main piece would really have to be Hassell, but even then, I don't see how the contracts could balance out. Maybe Ricky Davis could work. Actually, that sounds like a pretty decent trade for both teams.

Magloire for Ricky Davis. The Wolves would have to throw in one of their low salary players to make it work. Either Wright, McCants, or Madsen.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:57 PM   #41
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
I would love that, it would mean the end of the kmart to dallas rumors which will cause me to throw up if they ever come to fruition.
Please God no. Kenyon Martin? One of the worst contracts in the NBA right now. I suppose it'd be fun for the 19 games he plays, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
If the Wolves want Magloire, the main piece would really have to be Hassell, but even then, I don't see how the contracts could balance out. Maybe Ricky Davis could work. Actually, that sounds like a pretty decent trade for both teams.

Magloire for Ricky Davis. The Wolves would have to throw in one of their low salary players to make it work. Either Wright, McCants, or Madsen.
Davis for Magloire works straight up. I'd love it.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:57 PM   #42
Sline96
Can barely lace up my sneakers

a great place to be for mike james. oh well i did hope to see KG move to LA. now garnett would probably stay in minny.
Sline96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #43
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Sakf that is the exact same feeling i have about him coming to dallas.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:00 PM   #44
bagelred
My team always wins

This proves NBA players are about the money and nothing else.

Why the f-ck would you want to play in Minnesota, when you can play for two better teams in nice warm weather cities? Why the f-ck don't you want to play with Yao and TMac for the next three years?

Doesn't he know Garnett is leaving Minnesota soon? Minnesota? Is he kidding? Have fun being in no man's land....

It's ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS the money....never anything else...
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #45
raiderfan19
Shazam!

For him i completely understand it being about the money. He hasnt made alot throughout his career, he already has a ring and this is the contract that will make him set for life. He had to take every cent he could get.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: