Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 07-11-2006, 07:43 PM   #76
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't see Houston making the playoffs for obvious reasons. The biggest reason is that TMac sleeps in baby powder.

lol nah jk, the Rockets have a good team
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #77
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Kevin Garnett and Mike James were practically made for each other.

Garnett's an inside player who's got #1 skills but #2 mentality. James has #2 or #3 skills but a #1 mentality. James can step in during clutch moments, and Garnett will push him closer to that #1 level.

I'm not saying that James will look like a legitimate first option in Minnesota, I'm saying that a guard with James's talents and mentality is the guy you want next to Garnett.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:45 PM   #78
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

poor mike james..he deserves to be in the playoffs..should have went to dallas or houston
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #79
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good thing he didnt go to the Knicks

*prepares for 40 minute argument*
Old 07-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #80
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I'll betcha the Wolves make the playoffs. With Foye and James, we've addressed two major issues from last season - scoring and clutch scoring.

Now all we need is for Dwane Casey to be far less of a bonehead...and for McHale to get one of the following players: Melvin Ely (next to impossible), Lorenzen Wright (not very likely), Othella Harrington or Scot Pollard (both of which are extremely possible).
Old 07-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #81
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Cmon McHale's 600 IQ twin Brother!

GET POLLARD!
Old 07-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #82
KGtoGay2k6
I hit open layups

KGtoGay2k6 has no real reputation yet.

IM MIKE JAMES *****!!!!

Im a happy camper
KGtoGay2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #83
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Hey SAKF, do you think Brandon Roy would've been a better fit than Foye now with Mike James on board?

just kidding. i know you hated that trade, but after seeing some comparisons of Foye and Mike James, i couldn't help but lol. though this is actually good.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #84
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

well t'wolves arent making the playoffs in the west..they wont win their division
Old 07-11-2006, 07:55 PM   #85
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Knicks will win a whopping 20 games
Old 07-11-2006, 07:56 PM   #86
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ehh i think they will win 30. Hell they could get hot and win 33. All for the tidy sum of 120 mil or so. Great job.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #87
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
Hey SAKF, do you think Brandon Roy would've been a better fit than Foye now with Mike James on board?

just kidding. i know you hated that trade, but after seeing some comparisons of Foye and Mike James, i couldn't help but lol.
Yeah, I was really pissed at the trade at the time.

Then I warmed up to it, because Foye's scoring ability is more suited for the NBA.

Then I got pissed when I heard they were chasing James, because it would have made trading Roy for Foye kind of silly.

Then I was excited to get James, because he's a good guy to play next to Garnett.

Now? I'm just thrilled that we didn't totally F everything up. We got a really solid rookie and we got a player that Kevin Garnett could really use well. Also, the fourth year of the contract is a player option, so if things suck he can bolt.

I had so many nightmares about this offseason. I envisioned us doing so many horrible things - trading to get a guy like Tyrus Thomas or something like that, who we have absolutely no use for, or trading the pick for a veteran who wasn't going to help us very much, or us using the MLE on some ridiculous waste of money (like the next Hudson or Jaric or whoever the Wolves end up signing next summer) - but I'm THRILLED to see that we came out of it a considerably better team and still have the ability to improve by finding cheap, serviceable big men.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #88
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

i like the t'wolves..i really do hope they make the playoffs, im just saying this to get skywalker mad..hes easy
Old 07-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #89
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I'm never mad when I talk to you man. I'm always laughing struggling to type properly because you are such a joke.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:02 PM   #90
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

Doesn't this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Kevin Garnett and Mike James were practically made for each other.

Garnett's an inside player who's got #1 skills but #2 mentality. James has #2 or #3 skills but a #1 mentality. James can step in during clutch moments, and Garnett will push him closer to that #1 level.

I'm not saying that James will look like a legitimate first option in Minnesota, I'm saying that a guard with James's talents and mentality is the guy you want next to Garnett.

really belong here: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...?t=4162&page=2
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: