Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-07-2007, 01:00 AM   #1
cantrelle00
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Snow vs. Gibson

who do yall think should start? i know gibson is really young and he can come off the bench pretty well but snow is getting old and he cant really hit his shots.
cantrelle00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:29 AM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Snow vs. Gibson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantrelle00
who do yall think should start? i know gibson is really young and he can come off the bench pretty well but snow is getting old and he cant really hit his shots.

None of the above?

Seriously, Gibson isn't ready to deal full time as a point guard, but if he's the best we've got, he needs to be in there.

Snow is completely useless. He's a pretty good defender against bigger guards, but he is a complete liability offensively, because he doesn't offer anything. He can't break people down off the dribble, he isn't a particularly good setup man, and he can't shoot a lick, OR make a layup even. He has a great perchant for keeping turnovers down, but that's because he almost never makes THE pass.

Cavs need to find someone in the MLE level, or make a stunner of a trade. The rumored Hughes for Daniels/Haywood/filler trade with Wash. would be nice, but I guess it was just a fanboy rumor, because I haven't heard anything else about it.

Would be nice if we could get that guy kensley from Memphis. He had like 18 in the summer league game tonight, and he's gonna be playing behind Lowery and Conley Jr. He probably isn't better than Gibson, but would give us another young guy to build on.

Andre Miller is another guy who would fit great, and he's very overpriced, so the 76ers might part with him. He would be a great setup guy for Lebron, Sasha, and Gibson.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #3
Belizario
I hit open layups

Default Re: Snow vs. Gibson

Gibson is pretty descent, but not good enough to start....yet

Snow is a terrific defensive 1on1 player and knows great knowledge of the game of basketball. He's smart and knows his weaknesses. But there are just way too many weaknesses, especially on the offensive end.

If your suggested offer of getting Andre Miller to Cleveland, it would be a real nice deal. Andre Miller is almost a true point guard. His mid range game is quite nice but his long range game isn't really there, which is o-k when you have a guy like Gibson, or Marshall or Jones etc. Miller also bring some descent defense as well.

I'd like to see Larry Hughes go, simply because of his health. He seems to be always injury and takes money away from an organization for a lot. He's too fragile. and .. i don't like him
Belizario is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: