Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 07-28-2006, 04:55 AM   #16
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Jalen5 has an OK reputation so far

Raptors Fan here and i just like to say for those who are happy with mike james signing with wolfs hehe let's just put it this way, many raptors fan are just happy to see him go. Maybe playing with KG might change him a little bit but unlikely thou good luck this yr wolfs fans.
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:46 AM   #17
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
The reason James didn't work in Toronto was because the Raptors suck.

They don't suck anymore.

They will probably finish with a better record than the Wolves and beat them in the season series.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #18
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What makes you say that?

I'm a fan of both teams and Minnesota's additions of Foye and James, and whatever big man they sign added on to a 33 win team will make for a better record then the additions the Raptors made to a 28 win team.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:12 AM   #19
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregsguys
He went to Minny for the 'cha ching', unfortunately I think you will find what you are getting is a good player who is far to selfish and self-centered to lead anyone anywhere. Why do you think Toronto with all that cap room would let him go.......best of luck......being a raps fan I hope he works out for you but wouldn't bet a nickel on it.

In general Raptor fans criticize him too much. I am also a Raptor fan. He did make some big shots in games but he did at times look to put the team on his shoulders and shoot too much when he should have looked to pass off. I think he would deserve as much criticism as he is getting if he only shot 35% from the 3pt line but in fact he was one of the best 3pt shooters last year.

I agree he was looking for a payday but how many NBA players do the same thing and get way overpaid. (Peja Stojakovic is one free agent this sumemr that recieved way more than he deserves) They just don't say it or publicize it. That was his mistake. He too often says what he his thinking a lot of the time. Every person that criticizes him would expect to get the same payday if they were in his position.

In the end he just did not fit into the Raptors team philosophy. They required more of a passing PG which Mikes James is not and for a shooting guard who is not a great leaper he is considered small. Secondly with his expectations of wanting to be a starter and after having the season he had you can't blame him to want to start. (As long as he would of agreed to provide minutes off the bench at a lower salary the Raptors may have well kept him but they knew that was not a realistic thing to ask from him or expect.) He deserves a shot at starting and we will see how he does on another team. Some say he was selfish. In some ways he looked that way but he was one of the guys that held the Raptors locker room together last year.

He plays hard and he plays with passion which cannot be said for many NBA players. He is a good teammate.

It will be interesting to see if he can have a similiar season.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:12 PM   #20
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up

hey im happy...okay maybe mike james takes too many shots...but that'll only benifit garnett's rebounding stats...and we now have n other good person to trade for a better center
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: