Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #16
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation
Default Re: Kevin Durant went 5-17 from the field..

18 points is not bad for his 1st game as a pro. Oden did much worse.

Last edited by Poseidon : 07-07-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #17
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
That doesn't say much. There are probably some White boy playing D3 ball that has a better jump shot than Lebron. Lebron is not a jump shooter.

I thought LeBron had already surpassed MJ for G.O.A.T. status? Surely he shoots better than some white dudes. He's LeBron aka King James aka The Chosen One. We're all WITNESSES....remember?

Are you calling ESPN and the other media idiots "LIARS"? OMG. OMG. OMG.

Last edited by Poseidon : 07-07-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #18
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
I thought LeBron had already surpassed MJ for G.O.A.T. status? Surely he shoots better than some white dudes. He's LeBron aka King James aka The Chosen One. We're all WITNESSES....remember?

Annoyed Kobe wasn't the only one to get hyped as "the next MJ" ?
BigTicket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #19
gaydad
I hit open layups

gaydad has an OK reputation so far

bust
gaydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #20
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

he went 0-6 to start. Then he settled in after that...it's all good...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:43 PM   #21
gaydad
I hit open layups

gaydad has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
he went 0-6 to start. Then he settled in after that...it's all good...
you can never erase the first impression...
gaydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
he
Although it isn't the be all and end all of the evaluation of a player it is an interesting stat line. Even more interesting is that he got pushed around by the likes of Maurice Ager.

I rather hear that...than his statline. Like how was his shots, his drives, post up, defense. Who did he struggle defending? Who locked him up guarding him. Etc etc...means more to me.

Mo Ager bullying Durant? Say it aint so!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #23
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Lebron had about 16/6/5 his first summer league game but im not sure how he shot. Adam Morriron, Loren Woods, and Bo Outlaw have owned summer leagues though. Bo had a 40/25 game in the summer league. No joke. 40 points and 25 rebounds. Another with 35/8/5. He put up a good 30ppg one year. Loren Woods dropped 40. Nikoloz Tskitishvili was great in those leagues. Sasha Pavlovic averaged 11ppg last year and had a 1-13 shooting game. Yet he earned starter status for much of the season. Earl Barron put up about 24 and 8.

Summerleague play tells damn near nothing. And people forgot...the refs are summerleague quality too. They are borderline NBA refs who call every foul they can because the ywant to get called up just like the players. Everyone is just trying to show off. From the players to the refs. Its why they give 10 fouls. That combined with teammates being played with for the first time, constant shifting of lineups, half interested coaches often with the teams head coach just watching, and the fact that these guys have not even had a training camp? Expect odd things.

Remember the NBA Katrina charity game? Take NBA guys off the court for a while and throw them back on for a game and they look sloppy as hell.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #24
Hardtop Hero
I hit open 5-footers

Hardtop Hero has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon

Why are you so annoying?
Hardtop Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #25
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Kevin Durant already has better low-post moves than LeBron James.

Nope.

LeBron has better low post moves then Durant, Durant might have the better shot.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #26
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kedrick Brown dominated summer league. That shows its importance.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #27
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Annoyed Kobe wasn't the only one to get hyped as "the next MJ" ?

Kobe: 3 titles, 7-time 1st Team All-Defense, 9 time All-NBA, 81 pts, 4 consecutive 50+ point games, clutch performer.....

If anything, Kobe is the closest to Jordan the league has to MJ and deserves the comparison IMO.

LeBron hasn't accomplished anything to even have his name mentioned in the same breath as Jordan or Kobe.

Big difference.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM   #28
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Nope.

LeBron has better low post moves then Durant, Durant might have the better shot.

Name me a single low-post move LeBron has? Breakaway dunks and alley-oops don't count.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:25 PM   #29
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Kedrick Brown dominated summer league. That shows its importance.
So did Kobe Bryant...
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #30
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool

Can anybody who watched the game let me know what position he played? On the website it had him listed as a guard, but it also had Petro listed as a guard so I don't know what to believe. Also...did he play any defense, if so how was it?
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: