Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #16
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondFiddle
Dear God, who reads this stuff?

People with positive reps. I.e. not jack@sses like yourself.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:00 PM   #17
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
People with positive reps. I.e. not jack@sses like yourself.

Nobody wants to read a full page ad. This is a message board not an essay board. There is no extra credit for posting. Sorry, but i'm not reading any novel and if I choose to say it you should not get mad, just learn how to make your point in 200 words or less.
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:04 PM   #18
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

If I wanted to be a clown i'd give you a bad rep like you did me, but i'm not going to do that because it would be a punk move. I can just write what I feel about your post. I have never read one because no one with any sense would. Where else on the internet do you see clowns posting 12,000 word replys.
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:06 PM   #19
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Nobody wants to read a full page ad. This is a message board not an essay board. There is no extra credit for posting. Sorry, but i'm not reading any novel and if I choose to say it you should not get mad, just learn how to make your point in 200 words or less.

The first time I've ever heard of a poster complaining about a well thought out post.

Your post is officially the worst post of the day.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:15 PM   #20
bomber
Good college starter

Default re

I think your on the right track here, they need to get talent for the Exp. deals
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:49 PM   #21
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
I think your on the right track here, they need to get talent for the Exp. deals

There's absolutley no point in letting those contracts expire (Rose and Taylor) if they plan on winning now. They might as well go the other route if they are going to let them expire:

Trade 1:

Quote:
Knicks trade:
Stephon Marbury
Jerome James

Grizzlies trade:
Eddie Jones (expiring contract)
Jake Tskalidis (expiring contract)

Memphis gets a legit star to pair with Gasol. James might be a decent reserve center for them.

Trade 2:

Quote:
Bucks trade:
Joe Smith (expiring contract)

Knicks trade:
Quentin Richardson

The Bucks get a 2/3 (or 4 in an uptempo system), a good reserve to play behind Redd and Simmons. Also an underrated defender.

Trade 3:

Quote:
Hawks trade:
Josh Smith

Knicks trade:
Eddy Curry
$3 million

This rounds out the Hawks lineup and gives them one of the best starting 5's in the league:
CT: Eddy Curry/ Zaza Pachulia
PF: Shelden Williams/ ?
SF: Marvin Williams/ Josh Childress
SG: Joe Johnson/ Donta Smith
PG: Speedy Claxton/ Salim Stoudamire

Trade 4:

Quote:
Knicks trade:
Jamal Crawford
Malik Rose

Mavericks trade:
Jerry Stackhouse (expirer)
Austin Croshere (expirer)

The Mavs get 2 players that fit their team better, and the best player (Crawford) in the deal.

Trade 5:

Quote:
Knicks trade:
Steve Francis

Celtics trade:
Theo Ratliff (expirer the following season)

Thats all the crap contracts traded leaving New York with a lineup of:
CT: Channing Frye/ Theo Ratliff/ Jackie Butler/ Jake Tsakalidis
PF: David Lee/ Joe Smith/ Austin Croshere
SF: Josh Smith/ Rolando Balkman
SG: Jerry Stackhouse/ Eddie Jones
PG: Mardy Collins/ Nate Robinson

Not bad. Expiring the following season:
-Jake Tsakalidis
-Joe Smith
-Austin Croshere
-Jerry Stackhouse
-Eddie Jones

But those trade would recquire a lot of wizardry, something Isiah doesn't possess.

+they would have a terrible record, giving the Bulls a high pick.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:03 AM   #22
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

i really hope you have no life and wasted a good 20minutes thinking of this trash trying to be funny by being sarcastic

Quote:
Deal 1:
The most important deal, trade Steve Francis. He is not in the same tier of point guards as Marbury, and he cannot play shooting guard seeing he has an unreliable jumper, doesn't play well off the ball, has suspect defense, and is undersized to boot.

Denver would really like to acquire a player like this. I'm sure George Karl will love Stevie.

Quote:
Nuggets trade:
Kenyon Martin (disgruntled employee, 4 years remaining)

Knicks trade:
Steve Francis (bad fit for NY, where he fits in Denver is anyones guess)

Knicks get their tough partner for Curry. Nuggets get a star scorer to pair with Melo.
kmart is a joke, i would still do this deal but this guy needs to get some games down and give up on the jumpshot.
still it's a deal i'd do in a second

Quote:
Deal 2:
As much as Thomas likes Robinson, he'll never make any NBA team a winenr with his stupid attitude and inability to play point guard. Who wants a 5'7" shooting guard? Not many people is my guess. He is a Seattle area product, and I'm sure Seattle would love to have a dunk contest "champ" on the roster.

Quote:
Sonics trade:
Mikki Moore (expirer and content being a bigman reserve, good hustle guy)

Knicks trade:
Nate Robinson
$1 million (because the Sonics are cheap, & Nate has a longer contract)

Sonics get a local product who can be an exciting combo guard off thebecnh and hopefully entice some fans back. Knicks get a reserve big man who hustles.
:stupid: why would we trade a guy on his rookie contract, give p a mil for an old bastard take couldn't get playing time from swift and petro, a guy who might as well end up getting waived. And nate/lee were our best hustle players last year, nate might have taken a few bad shots but he always played hard, getting banged by guys twice his size and always getting up, playing even harder.

Quote:
Deal 3:
Now to utilise those large expiring contracts of Rose and Taylor. The Knicks will not get better by not getting large deals on the books now, and it seems like they want to win immediatley. The rebuilding faze has been long enough, Isiah probably doesn't want to be fired. I guess the pro of being GM and coach is, if there are some players not pulling their weight or not meshing with the team you can just trade them without much consultation. I don't like the idea of adding more "superstar" players with these two large expiring contracts, maybe just some useful role players that have lengthy contracts.
3.a:

Quote:
Blazers trade:
Darius Miles (another disgruntled employee, QRich's boyfriend)
Brian Skinner
Dan Dickau

Knicks trade:
Jalen Rose (large expiring deal, Portland owner is poor..... LOL)
David Lee
Future first round pick

Knicks get Miles who has bad knees and plays well for a quarter of a season usually, and Skinner as a big body and fodder, Dickau. Portland's money conscious Allen gets an expiring deal, a future first rounder and a young cheap starter at power forward who should clean up some of the errant misses by the Portland rookies.
again, you're retarded, miles is trash and everybody knows the blazers are looking to trade him, and to do that they will have to take on bad contracts or give up some of their young talent. Jalen rose is better than him anyways. Skinner is trash and has a big contract, and thats great, especially when you're "fixing" a team.

Quote:
3.b:

Quote:
Warriors trade:
Adonal Foyle
Mike Dunelavy Jr.

Knicks trade:
Maurice Taylor (expiring deal)
Channing Frye (injury prone softy)
Golden State gets a new bigman in Frye who can immediatley start playing 30mpg, rather than waiting on O'Bryant to develop and Foyle is hugely overpaid. Taylor is an expiring deal, allowing them to re-up Pietrus, and to give him Dunleavy's starting job. Dunleavy Jr. should excel in New York as a spare part. That's all he evr should be. Foyle brings defensive intensity and a shot blocking presence the Knicks really lack.
you're just getting better with every deal

injury prone? he got injured once and it was because someone fell on him, it' not like he has problems, everybody would have that problem if someone fell on their knee and poped it in the wrong direction. a good example of an injury prone softy is al jefferson, guy can't even last 20mins on the court.

Quote:
Final New York lineup:
CT: Eddy Curry/ Adonal Foyle/ Mikki Moore/ Jackie Butler/ Jerome James
PF: Kenyon Martin/ Brian Skinner/ Malik Rose
SF: Darius Miles/ Mike Dunleavy Jr./ Rolando Balkman
SG: Quentin Richardson/ Jamal Crawford
PG: Stephon Marbury/ Mardy Collins

Quote:
There are still weaknesses with the team, but there are enough big bodies to throw around, and just the right mix of scorers and defenders. They could probably do with trading a big guy for a spark plug type of guy like Eddie House. Maybe Jackie Butler for Beno Udrih type of deal?
the 2 players that didn't even get to play in the playoffs

Quote:
Current lineup:
CT: Eddy Curry/ Maurice Taylor/ Jackie Butler/ Jerome James
PF: Channing Frye/ David Lee/ Malik Rose
SF: Jalen Rose/ Quentin Richardson/ Rolando Balkman
SG: Steve Francis/ Jamal Crawford
PG: Stephon Marbury/ Nate Robinson/ Mardy Collins
we officialy have someone that knows less about basketball and the nba than isiah thomas. good jod, you out did the legend

Quote:
Compare that lineup to the current and tell me what you prefer and if you think this lineup is possible, point out any trades you think are unfair/ one-sided.
already did

Quote:
Now if somebody would just take Jerome James' contract off the books.........
cuz getting his 5mil of the books will change something with foye/skinner getting 8mil/yr

go back to your video games, just don't post that **** here

Last edited by thenextgreatbigman : 07-12-2006 at 12:05 AM.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:19 AM   #23
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
i really hope you have no life and wasted a good 20minutes thinking of this trash trying to be funny by being sarcastic

kmart is a joke, i would still do this deal but this guy needs to get some games down and give up on the jumpshot.
still it's a deal i'd do in a second

:stupid: why would we trade a guy on his rookie contract, give p a mil for an old bastard take couldn't get playing time from swift and petro, a guy who might as well end up getting waived. And nate/lee were our best hustle players last year, nate might have taken a few bad shots but he always played hard, getting banged by guys twice his size and always getting up, playing even harder.

again, you're retarded, miles is trash and everybody knows the blazers are looking to trade him, and to do that they will have to take on bad contracts or give up some of their young talent. Jalen rose is better than him anyways. Skinner is trash and has a big contract, and thats great, especially when you're "fixing" a team.

you're just getting better with every deal

injury prone? he got injured once and it was because someone fell on him, it' not like he has problems, everybody would have that problem if someone fell on their knee and poped it in the wrong direction. a good example of an injury prone softy is al jefferson, guy can't even last 20mins on the court.

the 2 players that didn't even get to play in the playoffs

we officialy have someone that knows less about basketball and the nba than isiah thomas. good jod, you out did the legend

already did

cuz getting his 5mil of the books will change something with foye/skinner getting 8mil/yr

go back to your video games, just don't post that **** here

So basically you don't understand the concept of basketball, if you wouldn't trade your current roster for the one I suggested.

If the Knicks were to folow my advice they would have a 50 win team. If they keep it the way it currently is, they can expect 30 wins.

Who would you trade for? KG isn't coming through that door.

The Knicks will only get better now by acquiring players that can successfully hold their own at each position, that means players like Frye and Robinson need to be moved. Both are one trick ponies.

And verbally abusing a poster is not a good way of getting your point across, just a way to make you look like an @ss.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:25 AM   #24
dak121
College superstar

Isiah will most likely deal no one because he doesn't want people to think that he made a mistake. Especially in the cases of Marbury, Curry, and Francis. His ego is immense.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:30 AM   #25
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
So basically you don't understand the concept of basketball, if you wouldn't trade your current roster for the one I suggested.

If the Knicks were to folow my advice they would have a 50 win team. If they keep it the way it currently is, they can expect 30 wins.

Who would you trade for? KG isn't coming through that door.

The Knicks will only get better now by acquiring players that can successfully hold their own at each position, that means players like Frye and Robinson need to be moved. Both are one trick ponies.

And verbally abusing a poster is not a good way of getting your point across, just a way to make you look like an @ss.

ok look at this team and point out 3 players that did something in their carrers, and 3 players that played anywhere close to their potential

Final New York lineup:
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:38 AM   #26
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
I read about the trades and thought the post was interesting, as well as containing some of Ced's best and most reasonable trade proposals to date. What's the problem? You don't want to read a lot? Reading is pretty much an integral part of an online message board. Who cares if you do a lot of it in one place or spread it out? Just read what interests you and skip what doesn't - don't stop to whine when something doesn't satisfy you.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:44 AM   #27
TruNbaAnalyst
I airball my layups

Blazers trade:
Darius Miles (another disgruntled employee, QRich's boyfriend)
Brian Skinner
Dan Dickau

Knicks trade:
Jalen Rose (large expiring deal, Portland owner is poor..... LOL)
David Lee
Future first round pick

ok....let me think really hard for a second. I have been to this forum a good amount of times but this made me want to join so i could comment. i would never..... EVERRRRRRR do this trade. This is complete madness. Isiah has reason to like the rookies. ill pick david lee, a tru hustler who is getting better especially if your watchin the summer leagues, over darius miles ANY DAY OF MY LIFE. let alone throwing a first round pick. Second... the knicks are never going to rebuild... they will only trade to get better. It would happen in NY.. impossible. AND LASTLY you talk about injury prone when someone fell on frye's knee and then you want to trade for K-Mart who is injured and even when injured cant play because hes getting suspended. Dont get me wrong i would trade francis for him but i wouldnt give up on david lee or frye. especially for the players mentioned. Pure madness.
TruNbaAnalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:53 AM   #28
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
ok look at this team and point out 3 players that did something in their carrers, and 3 players that played anywhere close to their potential

Final New York lineup:

3 players that have played to their potential:

1. Kenyon Martin was an allstar, and is a capable player. He should be an all-D defender. And could be on this team.
2. Stephon Marbury has been an allstar a few times, and is a good point guard when his heart is set on it. Still has career averages of 20 and 8. The type of player that just needs the right pieces around hi mto succeed.
3. Jamal Crawford, finally showing his potential for coach Brown. A pesky defender, adept ball handler and an ever improving shooter. The best is yet to come.

3 players that have done something with their careers:
1. Kenyon Martin has two finals appearences as a starting power forward.
2. Stephon Marbury has been on numerous first round playoff exit teams, through no fault of his. He has played exceptional basketball in the playoffs.
3. We are still waiting on mnumber 3. There's a lot of time for that.

Let me analyse the roster for you, seeing you have a low basketball iq.

-Eddy Curry: A very strong effective low post scorer, who is slowly improving his defense in the post. Can only improve. A eatsern conference center position is awaiting him at the allstar game.
-Adonal Foyle: The opposite of Curry, excellent change of pace player, to come on and play some big defense and block some shots. Perfect backup/ tutor to Eddy Curry.
-Mikki Moore: A good hustle player who will work his butt off for minutes, and will challenge the starters in practice.
-Kenyon Martin: Excellent post and perimeter defender. Good set shooter, good shot blocker and a capable rebounder. Passing game is underrated. An enforcer.
-Brian Skinner: a good man to man defender and good on the boards. Very strong player.
-Darius Miles: Can be a shut down defeder when he wants to as wel as a real match-up nightmare on offense. Strong rebounder which should make up for any lack of rebounding from Curry and Martin. Super athletic.
-Mike Dunleavy Jr: Great shooter and a very underrated passer, also rebounds well, a good reserve behind Miles, espeically for keeping Miles' minutes down to watch for further knee injuries.
-Quentin Richardson: Good outside shooter, great post up game fro mthe guard spot, and an excellent rebounder. An underrated defender.
-Jamal Crawford: Absolutely clutch shooter, great passer, ball handler, and ever-improving defender. Great super sub. Plays well with Marbury.
-Stephon Marbury: Good shooter, very fast to get to the hole, sometimes plays out of control going to the hole. Has an ok assist-to-turnover ratio, field goal % is also passable for a point guard. Should have improved shot selection with Isiah as coach, has tremendous defensive upside when focused, is hands down the best point guard in the league if utilised in the right system (pick and rolls/ pops with KMart).
Old 07-12-2006, 12:55 AM   #29
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Ced has been rock-solid in this thread. omg dapz!
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:05 AM   #30
dak121
College superstar

Quote:
-Adonal Foyle: The opposite of Curry, excellent change of pace player, to come on and play some big defense and block some shots. Perfect backup/ tutor to Eddy Curry.

Wow. Foyle actually does something meaningful in games besides missing layups and dunks. The guy is arguably the worst starter in the NBA. He'd be a good tutor for Curry if it involved current events or philosophy but he is a terrible basketball player. Can't believe he's getting around 8 million a year.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: