Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 07-09-2007, 01:52 AM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Do this trade

Here's why, and how: a three-way deal among the Sixers, Lakers and Wizards that could help everyone. (Please read this carefully: This is a suggestion from moi, not a rumor. Thank me later.) Why not send Miller to Los Angeles, a team desperate for a point-guard upgrade, for Kwame Brown, entering the last year of his deal, a precious $9 million salary that could come off Philly's books next summer? Washington would send center Etan Thomas, in whom the Sixers have had interest, to Philly, while sending guard Antonio Daniels to the Lakers. The Lakers would then send forward Vladmir Radmanovic, who endeared himself to Phil Jackson by hurting his shoulder in a snowboarding accident and then lying about it, to Washington. Philadelphia Inquirer

I like it. It works for all the teams
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:00 AM   #2
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default Re: Do this trade

So you lose Thomas, you're second best rebounder, and you gain yet another perimeter player. May I ask, how would that be beneficial to Washington?
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #3
mirlan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mirlan has an OK reputation so far

Freeing up some salary by dumping Etan Thomas is a great idea. But it sounds like that's all the Wiz get out of the transaction. Personally, I think we could get more for Etan and even more for Haywood (less financial burden)
mirlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:20 AM   #4
wizardsextreme
Banned

wizardsextreme has an OK reputation so far

Horrible trade.
wizardsextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:01 PM   #5
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.

It looks like the Lakers are getting the better end of this deal. They get their point guards while giving up Kwame Brown and Vladamir Radmanovic. It doesn't look like that since they're trading big for small, but with Bynum, Mihm, Turiaf, Cook, and either Odom or O'Neal, they have plenty of bigs.

The Wiz are getting Radmanovic for essentially Etan Thomas, and Antonio Danies who I think are better than Radmanovic. He has a mutiple years left on his contract deal and the Wizards already have Jamison and Butler at the forward spots.

The Sixers would be getting a decent deal. Sure, the contracts of Thomas and Brown would provide some much needed salary cap space after this season, but I don't think either of those players will help youngsters such as Igualdala, Carney, Korver, Green or Dalembert develop. They'd be better off staying put and playing the free agent market next summer.
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: