Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
artificial
:-P

Default Perfect fit for the Nugs

Before anything else, this is just an idea I got when reading this player's profile; not a rumor and actually it's pretty unlikely to happen. Still, it's offseason and I'm bored.

When reading about Dimitrios Diamantidis, I couldn't help but think he'd be the perfect fit for the Nuggets. At 6-5 he enjoys excellent height for a PG. His playstyle on the offense is very unselfish, not needing to dominate the ball to produce, as he seems to avoid the spotlight and sacrifice for the team. Still, he is a very solid shooter all the way to the 3pt line, has good handles and enjoys very good court vision. Also can use his height to post up in mismatches. Good basketball IQ, rarely commits turnovers. Overall, not spectacular at all, but gets the job done, and in a rather elegant fashion.

However, it's on defense where Diamantidis actually spits his poison. A three time Defender of the Year of the Euroleague -amazing for a PG in a league known for it's tough D- Diamantidis will frustrate the hell out of anyone who dares to try. He's 6-5, enjoys a strong upper body and very long arms. He is always active on defense, and is very smart. Great positioning, he excels in man to man and team defense. Never shies away from contact, and thanks to his great ball IQ also plays great help D. Gets a good share of steals without risking too much positioning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_qA7bZ7wTg

I guess now everyone can see why I think he would fit in Denver. Pass first PG with team attitude and doesn't needs the ball to contribute, while being a solid shooter. Excellent defender who could constantly guard opposing SG's making it easy for AI.

However, he is enjoying superstar status in Europe, and at 27 he doesn't seems to be eager to risk the way Saras did. He has a pretty wealthy contract with Panathinaikos until 2010.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:11 PM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Default Re: Perfect fit for the Nugs

That guy is a monster on defense. At absolutely superb pick-pocketer. I like him.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 PM   #3
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Default Re: Perfect fit for the Nugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
A three time Defender of the Year of the Euroleague -amazing for a PG in a league known for it's tough D- Diamantidis will frustrate the hell out of anyone who dares to try.

I'm not really an expert, but is the Euroleague really known for its tough D? Not saying he isn't a great defender, but that just seems wierd to me.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: