Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-09-2007, 01:54 PM   #16
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Official #19 NBA Player Of All Time According To ISH

I have to go with Barkley on this. I can't see him falling below #19.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:55 PM   #17
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

I was getting ready to ask that myself.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:56 PM   #18
lakers_forever

lakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation here

Robinson can't be ahead of Stockton , Zeke or Barkley.

Zeke now has my vote, so that Robinson does not win.

Last edited by lakers_forever : 07-09-2007 at 06:03 PM.
lakers_forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #19
John Starks

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
how the hell can he be ranked over Isiah...explain that to me...

Stockton shot the ball, passed the ball and stole the ball better than IT. IT did score better than Stock. the rebounding was pretty lame on both sides.

Not to mention that Stock passed the ball and stole the ball better than anyone in NBA history.

So you tell me, how can IT be ranked over Stockton?

I'd put Cooz in over Stock, but D.rob over both.

So this vote is for D.rob.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #20
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers_forever
Robinson can't be ahead of Stockton or Zeke

Zeke has my vote. Although Stockton was a better pure PG, Zeke lead
one of the best teams ever to back to back titles.

zeke was a better player and a better point guard, pure or not.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:58 PM   #21
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Whoops.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #22
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Starks
Stockton shot the ball, passed the ball and stole the ball better than IT. IT did score better than Stock. the rebounding was pretty lame on both sides.

Not to mention that Stock passed the ball and stole the ball better than anyone in NBA history.

Well Zeke could take over games...had that special quality that great ones had...Stock never had it and thats why he never won any rings... and Zeke has 2 back to back
Old 07-09-2007, 01:59 PM   #23
lakers_forever

lakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation herelakers_forever has a near all-star reputation here

David Robinson was never the best center in the NBA.
Not a single year, in his best year, he was humiliated by Hakeem.
Charles Barkley was a better player than him .
Old 07-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #24
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well Zeke could take over games...had that special quality that great ones had...Stock never had it and thats why he never won any rings... and Zeke has 2 back to back
Stockton never won any rings because of Michael Jordan. He didn't take over many games offensively, but he did with his leadership and passing ability.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:01 PM   #25
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
He removed Kobe from the consider list??? how is he not on the list when guys like elvin hayes, doplh schayes(played in the no blacks allowed league), are there

Well ima vote for Kobe anyway
Ever heard of the NBL? Didn't think so.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #26
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Stockton never won any rings because of Michael Jordan. He didn't take over many games offensively, but he did with his leadership and passing ability.

Jordan beat him twice in the finals, what about all the other years in his career...Are you saying that Jordan beat him even when he didnt play them...

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 07-09-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #27
lakers_forever

DRob was never the second best player in the game.
Barkley was in the early 90's.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #28
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Starks

i don't like isiah. never have. and stockton is one of my all time faves, so don't think this is some detroit homerism here, but imo zeke was the best player under 6' 3" that i've ever seen.

he was one of the five best leaders i've ever seen, and i mean the keeping everyone together, motivated, and focused leaders like mj, larry, and magic. he was also one of the best game managing point guards ever. he got everyone involved, completely controlled the pace, and didn't give a sh!t about stats - averaging big assists when it worked for the team and giving up control of the ball when other guys flourished as one on one performers. and he had an ability to take it over offensively at the end of games (or in any needful situation) that i've just never seen in another pg. magic was similar, but even he didn't pour out the scoring outbursts that isiah did when his team needed the big lift for the win. it was like having a nash-like cool hand all game and then unleasing iverson in the last 4 minutes.

edit: oh, and he was also tough as hell, playing through injuries at a very high level whenever necessary. if he'd been on two good ankles in 88, he might have won three titles in a row (game 7 was decided by 1 possession despite worthy's enormous performance).

Last edited by dejordan : 07-09-2007 at 02:10 PM.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #29
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Bob Cousy!
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:10 PM   #30
The Answer

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

My vote is for Bob Cousy. The guy was a league MVP, 10 time All NBA first team selection, 2 time All NBA second team selection, 13 time All Star(including two MVPs), and a six time champion. Don't forget that in his era assists were harder to come by, as if the player passed to even dribbled once it could not be counted as an assist, so he can't necessarily be accurately compared to modern point guards in regards to that statistic.

Last edited by The Answer : 07-09-2007 at 05:04 PM.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: