Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #16
Wizardly Cool

Default Re: Early NFL Top 10

Terrible list. First and foremost - Jets in the top 10? ...

Too much competition for the Jets to win the WildCard again in the AFC this year.

While Chicago will win their unrespectable division, they'll lose in the first round of the playoffs due to a dysfunctional QB situation, book it.

The Eagles are way too high on that list. One could argue Top 10, but McNabb is still a HUGE ? mark.

Saints will be good again, but 4th overall? Please. Don't ride on last year's NFC Championship Game cocktails.

If it wasn't for the addition for Willie McGahee (one of the most underrated RBs in the league) I'd knock Baltimore off the list (crazy, yea whatever).

Seahawks are still up there, but the gas light is shining bright.

The Panthers - my home team. As much as I'd love to say they're considered a favorite, Jake Delhomme is not the guy to get it done. Not too sure about David Carr either. Not to mention, their schedule is brutal (same can be said for the Saints).

_____

Just too many holes in that list. Here is mine.

1) Colts

2) Chargers

3) Patriots

4) Bengals

5) Bears (piss poor division)

6) Saints

7) Ravens

8) Eagles (pending McNabb's health)

9) Seahawks

10) Broncos
Old 07-10-2007, 05:35 PM   #17
Los Angeles
A Diamond In the Rough

Los Angeles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
you'd choose him but he's not better? what kind of logic is that

No, I said I would choose Eli Manning if I was going to start a franchise...I acknowledge Eli might be a more gifted QB, with more potential and younger in age. However, right now I definitely don't think he is as good as Tony Romo (result wise), he lacks confidence and in this league it's a big concern.

Quote:
Romo had a ton of hype(which he squandered by chokin) he even got invited to the pro-bowl (which was a straight joke and most said so)...

Really? I disagree. I felt that Romo was more of a hopeful recovery for Dallas fans rather then hype. I think Bledsoe's poor play really put the spotlight on Romo, and guess what he delivered. I thought he played very well last season, outside of some minor mistakes (and the huge mistake that cost Dallas the season), I felt his pro-bowl selection was deserving. Eli was a total disaster for NY, he has no confidence at all right now...he's easily the most inconsistent starting QB in the league. He certainly played better then Eli Manning, if it wasn't for Tiki Barber NY would have not made the playoffs. His 200 all purpose yards really helped NY in the final game of the season.

Quote:
Eli is better because the Giants won the division with him..

Giants barely made the playoffs last season, and it had nothing to do with Eli Manning...if anything he was a liability for NY, they seemed to go to Tiki basically every play.

Quote:
The Cowboys squeeked into playoffs and folded to a team who tried to hand them the game...The couldnt make the extra point ....... Romo is not a better Qb than Eli....

I believe Dallas had more wins then NY last season? Without a prolific RB like Tiki Barber.

Quote:
As much as I'd love to say they're considered a favorite, Jake Delhomme is not the guy to get it done.

Totally disagree, Jake hardly had any time to throw the ball last season...he had to adjust to 3 new linesman on the team, including a new center. He's one of the better QB's in the fourth quarter in this league, I fully believe in Jake...I think he'll redeem himself quite nicely.

Again, I like the fact that Carolina are being so highly overlooked...they'll surprise a lot of teams this season.

Quote:
Not to mention, their schedule is brutal (same can be said for the Saints).

They have a very weak schedule this upcoming season, I think you have it confused with last season.

Last edited by Los Angeles : 07-10-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #18
IBLEEDGREEN43
Local High School Star

IBLEEDGREEN43 has no real reputation yet.

never argue primetime when it comes to football... ever...

hell, i learned not to screw with him about basketball, but NEVER do it if you mention the dallas cowboys..

anyways..

PATS are stacked.. wes welker was a nice pickup, as well..

the pats should be right there at the end of the playoffs.. i could easily see another pats colts.. or pats chargers..

thats one thing about the patriots.. they are ALWAYS solid...

and they actually represent my state.. ROCKKK on
IBLEEDGREEN43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #19
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBLEEDGREEN43
never argue primetime when it comes to football... ever...

hell, i learned not to screw with him about basketball, but NEVER do it if you mention the dallas cowboys.
likewise with you and your celtics
Old 07-10-2007, 07:59 PM   #20
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Eli does suck, Barber retired and Burress is highly inconsistent. As much as I hate the Cowmolesters, the Giants won't be better than them. Though, once again, the division is wide open. The Skins will compete if they can stay healthy and if Campbell matures, the Cowgirls will if Romo can recover from one of the biggest chokejobs in NFL history and if TO doesn't blow up, the Eagles will if McNabb can bounce back and if their pass D holds up, the Giant will if Eli doesn't continually turn the ball over and if they can find a running game.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: