Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-11-2006, 09:01 PM   #16
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

It wasn't Melo's pot because the officer smelled it, meaning it was smoked rescently and it was some found in the console. And since Melo wasn't even in the city, its hard to say its his.

But he does need to kick that guy out and stop loaning his stuff out to these people.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 07-11-2006 at 09:05 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:01 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGtoGay2k6
its happened twice now....meol=stoner

Twice? Again was Melo present? The cop pulled over a car. The guy gets caught with weed. Upon routine traffic stop procedues checkin liscense and registeration he notices the car belongs to Carmelo Anthony.

You ask to borrow my car. I loan it to you for the day. You get pulled over for speeding. Your fault. You get caught boning a female in the backseat? Your fault. You get into a serious car accident because you were drunk? Your fault. Only thing about me in this equation is MY CAR that is in MY NAME.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #18
KGtoGay2k6
I hit open layups

KGtoGay2k6 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Twice? Again was Melo present? The cop pulled over a car. The guy gets caught with weed. Upon routine traffic stop procedues checkin liscense and registeration he notices the car belongs to Carmelo Anthony.

You ask to borrow my car. I loan it to you for the day. You get pulled over for speeding. Your fault. You get caught boning a female in the backseat? Your fault. You get into a serious car accident because you were drunk? Your fault. Only thing about me in this equation is MY CAR that is in MY NAME.
But youre also held responsible of what goes into YOUR car in this case which is pot. It's obvious Melo hangs with a bad gang just look at his DVD. It's his own fault that he gets a bad cloud above him cause his gang banger home boys can't stay clean and they get caught using his rides in the process. this is why melo will always have a bad rep in the NBA and why many people dont like him.

Again, you've got to draw the line of who you hang out with and if your lending your car to someone, know that if they get in trouble your name is left out of it.
KGtoGay2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #19
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
its happened twice now....meol=stoner

The first incident was right around the time of the Olympics and he was tested repeatedly. And is gonna be tested probably within the next week by the league and will pass it too.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #20
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Yeah you've heard of people loaning out cars but you've never experienced this and it is your fault for lending it out, YOUR CAR YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. Chances are Carmelo knew his friend smokes pot and lent it to him anyway or the other way around it was Carmelo's. Either way it's his fault . But I guess you don't undersatnd this since you take the bus.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGtoGay2k6
But youre also held responsible of what goes into YOUR car in this case which is pot. It's obvious Melo hangs with a bad gang just look at his DVD. It's his own fault that he gets a bad cloud above him cause his gang banger home boys can't stay clean and they get caught using his rides in the process. this is why melo will always have a bad rep in the NBA and why many people dont like him.

Again, you've got to draw the line of who you hang out with and if your lending your car to someone, know that if they get in trouble your name is left out of it.

*yawn*

You called him a stoner and when has that ever been proven? He's made bonehead mistakes and his friends have been exposed to the public. You think he needs to choose who he surrounds himself with more wisely. Thats fair. But this has nothing to do with Melo. If the car wasnt registered in his name we dont hear about this. He has more then one car. At best he can just curse out his roomate and tell him he is bringing more drama and uneeded heat on him. Best solution most would say? Cut the friend off, kick him out, get him his own car/place thanks to a new extension. Anything where his friend or friends dont abuse his luxaries that end up on espn.com.

Same things happened with AI. Loaned a friend a Benz. Guy gets pulled over, transporting drugs. Cops publicly make it known AI has no involvement. The car was just registered in his name. The police themselves cleared AI because they knew the media. Same situation. Friends making bonehead decisions and it falls back on you. Lets not roast Melo and chalk up another negative.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:24 PM   #22
SIKNESS51
Can barely lace up my sneakers

SIKNESS51 has no real reputation yet.

Melo is on drugs
SIKNESS51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #23
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

I totally agree with GOBB.
Sure he might be responsible for giving his car, but how is he a stoner?
How do you know it was his weed, and not the people borrowing his car?
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:29 PM   #24
boshraptor4life
Good High School Starter

boshraptor4life has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
I'm confused why Marijuana is a "problem"?
I'm going to assume that the problem with it is that it is still illegal in the US is it not? I'm from Canada where I beleive it's legalized, but you still get fined if you are caught with any ammount. I personally don't do the stuff, but since everyone does it anyways, and will do it regardless of the law, it should just be legal and whatever.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:34 PM   #25
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
Yeah you've heard of people loaning out cars but you've never experienced this and it is your fault for lending it out, YOUR CAR YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. Chances are Carmelo knew his friend smokes pot and lent it to him anyway or the other way around it was Carmelo's. Either way it's his fault . But I guess you don't undersatnd this since you take the bus.

Actually I have experienced this, well not weed but my friend was drunk and driving my car. All I did was go pick up my damn car and call it a day. Im just not a superstar making millions of dollars so nobody gives a ****.

My cousin drove his brothers car and was caught smoking. He went to jail for a night, my uncle just went to pick up the car and him the next day. Nobody considered my uncle or cousin who wasn't smoking junkies by association.

Melo's only problem is the idiots he keeps around him.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #26
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far

This is a no-brainer. If the NBA believes that Melo is using any kind of illegal drug, just test him. If the test is positive, then Melo is punished. If the test if negative, then leave him alone. As for as friends, more athletes are ripped off by scheming and conniving attorneys and financial advisors who may also smoke pot, than they are by their ghetto friends.

At the time of this incident, Melo was conducting a basketball camp for youth in Denver. Yet there are some who want to blast him for any reason, and accuse him of things without the facts to back it up.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #27
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshraptor4life
I'm going to assume that the problem with it is that it is still illegal in the US is it not? I'm from Canada where I beleive it's legalized, but you still get fined if you are caught with any ammount. I personally don't do the stuff, but since everyone does it anyways, and will do it regardless of the law, it should just be legal and whatever.

America wont legalize it because they can't profit from it. Its already everywhere and anybody can get it. So who would pay for it in stores? When the people selling it now would just sell it for less and deliver
Old 07-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #28
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

What kind of friend borrows your car and then smokes pot in it? If my friend's car broke down, I'd tell him to rent one in the first place. If he couldn't afford it, I'd loan him mine, but I sure as hell wouldn't tolerate him joy riding and smoking in it. Carmelo should find himself some better, more courteous friends.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #29
BlockAHoe
I airball my layups

BlockAHoe has no real reputation yet.

I would like to say that I personally think it was the other guys Weed. No man in their right mind leaves their stash in a car that gets borrowed (know this from experience). I would also like to add that you would have to be an idiot (Chris Andersen) to even do drugs in the NBA, with all of the cash, and your whole future on the line. With that being said, legalize it! (please... )
BlockAHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:45 PM   #30
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES

If more people took the bus people would understand each other better. Driving around in cars prevents you from meeting people from different walks of life. How does smoking effect driving? Does the government auction your car off if drugs are found inside it?
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: