Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-09-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Places to go in NYC?

I'm going there tomorrow with some friends and I was wondering if anybody can suggest something fun. Please leave out obvious things like the Empire State Building, etc.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Places to go in NYC?

is this your first time?

Also...what kind of person do you consider yourself? Open minded and curious? Or disrespectful and immature?

If you are #1, you should check out the Metropolitan Art Museum, the World Trade Center, and the Intrepid Air Sea Museum.

If you are #2, get f&cked up drunk and get a tattoo.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

stay away from the Bronx and Brooklyn.

not much to do in Queens either unless you want to see the site of the old World's fair.

stay in Manhattan. check out Liberty Island. Governor's Island. Check out the Maritime Museum. Central Park. the Fashion District (if you are bringing chicks and they like shopping).

hover around the midtown area

(above 30th street below 70th street) and you should find a plethora of good stuff.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #4
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
is this your first time?

Also...what kind of person do you consider yourself? Open minded and curious? Or disrespectful and immature?

If you are #1, you should check out the Metropolitan Art Museum, the World Trade Center, and the Intrepid Air Sea Museum.

If you are #2, get f&cked up drunk and get a tattoo.

I went when I was in seventh grade but I don't remember too much. I'm a pretty open-minded guy so I'm def interested in some museums. I'll be there for 5 days so I will have tons of free time.

Bars are out of the question since I'm still only 20 but there will be a lot of drinking in the hotel room.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #5
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Any plans for food? I recommend staying out of the TImes Square area when it comes to eating....f&cking chain restaurants charge you an arm and a leg.

Eat in Little Italy or China Town....there are a ton of great places there.

Also, how are you getting to NYC? Driving? train?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #6
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Any plans for food? I recommend staying out of the TImes Square area when it comes to eating....f&cking chain restaurants charge you an arm and a leg.

Eat in Little Italy or China Town....there are a ton of great places there.

Also, how are you getting to NYC? Driving? train?
I'll be flying into JFK and staying at the Midtown Marriot. Any suggestions for good places to eat would be helpful.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

And don't forget about the NBA Store on East 52nd Street.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #8
proof
Banned

proof has an OK reputation so far

Go to Brooklyn. Places like Bedford-Stuyvesant at night are cool. Make sure to bring your camera to take pics.
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #9
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Just went to China Town last week. Go to any Dim Sum restaurant.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof
Go to Brooklyn. Places like Bedford-Stuyvesant at night are cool. Make sure to bring your camera to take pics.

while you're at it, take the 6 train to Castle Hill avenue and head over to where Fat Joe grew up and try to say hello to some of the gang members there by flashing the crip sign.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:26 PM   #11
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

my favorite CHina town restaurant is The Grand Sichuan...it's pretty damn good and not too americanized (aka food is authentic and super spicy).

If you are up for real nyc style pizza, I suggest you take a subway ride to Morningside Heights (where Columbia U is located) and find Kornet Pizza. This hole in the wall joint gives you pizza slices bigger than your chest. it's f&cking great.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:30 PM   #12
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

are there any beaches in NYC?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #13
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

Coney Island man, haven't you seen He Got Game?
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #14
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

Quote:

coney island/brighton beach. and a few minutes away is the cleaner manhattan beach

and if ure into the night life stay in manhattan, especially durin the weekends, the place is packed
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #15
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Aside from Coney Island and Brighton Beach, you have Gateway Park in Staten Island. There are also some beaches in New Jersey, just outside of NYC, but I doubt you'll be driving that far. Are you renting a car?
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: