Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-09-2007, 11:02 PM   #16
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Places to go in NYC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
Aside from Coney Island and Brighton Beach, you have Gateway Park in Staten Island. There are also some beaches in New Jersey, just outside of NYC, but I doubt you'll be driving that far. Are you renting a car?
Jones Beach? the cleanest and nicest out there.

Also if you want to get some NY basketball action go to west 4th street, "the cage"
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:03 PM   #17
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation

rockaway beach also. rucker park?
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:03 PM   #18
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

If you have time, take a view of Nets' new arena in Brooklyn.:
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:08 PM   #19
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
rockaway beach also. rucker park?

If he's white, he's not going to Rucker Park.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:14 PM   #20
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
Jones Beach? the cleanest and nicest out there.

Also if you want to get some NY basketball action go to west 4th street, "the cage"

Yeah I was in New York for he past five days and I went there. It was all organized streetball and it was fun to watch. Rucker Park was empty when i went there during the day, but at night, on my way to party, I looked at it and it was packed.

There are a lot of little restaurants near there and the NYU campus and I'd recommend going there. The food is amazing and not quite as expensive.

For breakfast, hop over to Brooklyn and go to a diner, cheap good food and lots of it. Like seriously you won't find anything for breakfast over 8 bucks at most places.

Go to Grimaldi's Pizza at one point, amazing pizza. It's right near the Brooklyn bridge, and up the street from the Brooklyn Ice Cream shop.

I really enjoyed going to Coney Island too. That roller coaster is painful but worth the ride. The hot dogs at Nathan's are the best I've ever had.

Too bad your not going earlier. The day I left on the train, that afternoon, in Central Park, they had a Wyclef Jean concert! I was so pissed that I missed it. But yeah they have a concert every couple of days so check it out.

Not much else left to say but I got a sweet deal at the footlocker in times square on some nice casual shoes (not for sports), and the NBA store is cool.

Have fun, I sure did.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:15 PM   #21
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

I like Jones Beach because of the high tide, but it's certainly not clean. You want clean, go somewhere else.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:04 AM   #22
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
And don't forget about the NBA Store on East 52nd Street.

Good call. I went there for the first time last December. Felt like Christmas morning when I walked in.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:46 AM   #23
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

watch an EBC game at rucker park (usually a double header every weeknight a 6pm).

saw Bone Collector play there two years ago, it was cool. It is very safe and the court is just across the street from the subway station.

eat at Carnegie Deli.

go out in Manhattan and get drunk, I lived on Bleeker St. one summer, wicked bars around the NoHo SoHo (north of Houston Street, south of Houston Street) areas which are near NYU.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:05 AM   #24
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Cameroonian bootleggers

My friend came back from NY a week a go and he bought a $60 authentic rollex watch and a bunch of new DVDs (films that didn't come out on DVD yet) for $1 each.

I was thinking of buying the rollex from him, but he won't give me the friends' discount. He's planning on selling it for $500 on ebay.
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:10 AM   #25
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
watch an EBC game at rucker park (usually a double header every weeknight a 6pm).

saw Bone Collector play there two years ago, it was cool. It is very safe and the court is just across the street from the subway station.

eat at Carnegie Deli.

go out in Manhattan and get drunk, I lived on Bleeker St. one summer, wicked bars around the NoHo SoHo (north of Houston Street, south of Houston Street) areas which are near NYU.
Yah I'm def eating at Carnegie Deli and I guess i'll have to check out Rucker Park too. I'll make sure to put my wallet in my front pocket.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:12 AM   #26
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
Cameroonian bootleggers

My friend came back from NY a week a go and he bought a $60 authentic rollex watch

I have no clue how I would tell if its authentic or not. You know of any specific features or markings a authentic rolex would have?

Edit: Did you mean "Rolex" or "Rollex"???
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:16 AM   #27
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
I have no clue how I would tell if its authentic or not. You know of any specific features or markings a authentic rolex would have?

lol I'm not a big watch guy; I meant Rolex.

To check the watch's authenticity, my friend went to a watch store, told them he got the watch as a gift, and asked them if it was real or not.

They said it was.

Unless you are a watch savant, I don't think you can know if its real or fake. You kinda have to take the chance.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:19 AM   #28
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32

fakes are easy to spot:

They are light weight...a proper luxury watch is heavier due to its components and materials.

The second hand tics...a proper luxury watch has a sweeping motion with its second hand.

The metal tarnishes...after a few months good fakes will tarnish and crappy fakes will flake (their fake gold or platinum coating comes off).

craftsmanship sucks...sharp edges, bad stitching on the leather strap (most have metal straps however), no flow to the design, watch doesn't quite fit the strap etc...
Old 07-10-2007, 05:23 AM   #29
poorlilrich
woop woop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

The second hand tics...a proper luxury watch has a sweeping motion with its second hand.

... or you can be JtotheIzzo

Yea I saw the second hand sweep around instead of tic ... it was mesmerizing
Old 07-10-2007, 05:26 AM   #30
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich
... or you can be JtotheIzzo

Yea I saw the second hand sweep around instead of tic ... it was mesmerizing
you dont know the difference...oh yeah, you think your friend's 60 dollar Chinatown watch he got hustled on by some African illegal is equivilent to a 50K rolex...my bad...oh yeah, paying 60 bucks for a knock off watch on the street is way too high.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: