Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-10-2007, 03:32 PM   #16
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Question about HIV/AIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
This varies greatly from individual to individual based on numerous factors. In addition, what many people don't know is that there are different levels or strands of the HIV virus. Some, are more complex and/or deleterious than others.

On topic with Eazy E - some theorists believe it was not through sexual contact, but rather syringed drug use. I suppose no one knows for sure, but who'd argue Eazy E wasn't a recreational drug user, if not devoted drug user. Also consider studies show/prove that those infected with HIV through syringe sharing are more likely to develop AIDS before those exposed through heterosexual or homosexual exchange of bodily fluid. This is why some believe Eazy died so quickly.

The topic of HIV/AIDS is just too broad to really get into, but I'd like to sum this up by saying the HIV virus will never be cured. In fact, the virus is smarter and more complex than the human mind could ever comprehend. Some conspiracy theorists believe there is a cure behind closed doors, or that it's accessible via a million dollars - whatever. There's no cure, and more than likely, never will be. It's not in the news often, but it's a global epidemic that is going to explode in the developing world in the next two decades. China, India, Eastern Europe (including Russia) and South America are enduring a moment of truth as we speak, but if something isn't done, these developing nations will soon face a contagion that may be impossible to reverse.

On point post, it is a massive problem. I have one question as I have been told it is very rare to get hiv even with unprotected sex with a chick something like a 1 in 40 chance of contracting it if the female has hiv and you are wearing no condom. ANy truth to this or just some anti condom propaganda?
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #17
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

HIV is controllable if you catch it early enough but most importantly, if you got a whole lot of cash. They now have treatments tthat keep it in submission but it does cost an arm and a leg. That is why magic has been able to have HIV and remain essentially in perfect health because he can afford the latest technology. Too bad its really the poor group who needs the treatment and help but cant afford it so end up dying because of it
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:41 PM   #18
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

well, not always. it's not like rich people don't die of aids. magic seems to be a medical miracle.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:54 PM   #19
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
I have one question as I have been told it is very rare to get hiv even with unprotected sex with a chick something like a 1 in 40 chance of contracting it if the female has hiv and you are wearing no condom. ANy truth to this or just some anti condom propaganda?

This is somewhat true. I'm not sure if the "1 in 40" is accurate. I've read more like 1 in 10. Getting the HIV virus through unprotected v@ginal sex is like the 1 in 10, you start talking @nal (male to female or the more common sick male to male) and you're getting very risky because of broken tissue.

Also consider if the one with HIV has other STDs (and they probably do, considering many who have HIV do not know they have the virus), that greatly increases the chance of passing HIV along to their partner.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: