Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #16
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: PS3 going from $600 to $500

Halleluah, the PS3 is $500. still high as ****, but i will purchase it soon.

i can't wait for the day it goes down to $200. by then the PS4 will be out!
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #17
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One
ok you are just a straight up broke ass , i mean gamecube? its like what 75$ right now? wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknine15
^^
i bet your still waiting for super nintendo to drop to $2 so you can play donkey kong and mario kart

You guys are hilarious. I never wanted the damn system except to play the Zelda games. I'm not paying $100 or even $75 for the stupid thing to play three games.

I have my PS2 for now.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:11 PM   #18
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

500$ is still ridiculous to pay for a gaming system.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:13 PM   #19
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
500$ is still ridiculous to pay for a gaming system.
yeah, i'm not going over 300
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #20
DaBull
I brick open layups

DaBull has an OK reputation so far

sony went balls deep into the whole blue ray thing, xbox just softly introduced hddvd and hasnt pushed it as hard as blue ray. people arent willing to commit to a next gen dvd platform until 1 wins
DaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #21
barne100
Good High School Starter

barne100 is considered somewhat coolbarne100 is considered somewhat cool

i got the ps3 and 360 and yet the only system i ever play is the wii.

i didnt realize i had stopped being so into all those serious games. its hard to find the damn time now.

fortunately i always have some time for a quick game of bowling on the wii.

butt the bluray is nice. i will admit.
barne100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:59 AM   #22
Wizardly Cool

Quote:
I got one the night thay came out, i love it. Can't wait for the games to come out like NBA08, NBA 2K8, FOOTBALL 2K8, GTA, 2 DAYS TO VEGAS.

Why buy a more expensive PS3 when all the games you just mentioned will be on the 360? This also goes without mentioning XBOX-Live blows the Gaystation Network out of the water.

By the way, Blu-Ray has basically won the format war. Blockbuster signed an exclusive deal with them. By-by HD-DVD.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:44 PM   #23
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
right now it seems as if the ps3 is already a luxury item. that's why it isn't selling. Wii targets a wider range of customers with its price, and still is everybody's range of money they'd be willing to pay for a videogame system.

The problem with that argument, is that really nobody WANTS a ps3. They're sitting on the shelves, that's why the price is coming down. Really, the first year is probably when you really make or break your system, and I think the PS3 bombed its release hardcore. They really didn't commit to any good games on their release, while the XBox 360 has been popping out some really good ones.

My buddy STILL plays Gears of War, and he bought it when it just came out.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #24
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizardly Cool
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I heard it to the grapevine that Sony will be cutting their home entertainment monster price from $600 down to $500 very, very shortly.

Sony is admitting weakness in the market share. The 360 is doing well, as most industry analyst predicted, but also many did not expect Microsoft to be doing this well this early (thanks to a "god-like" online feature and gaining support from big 3rd party developers). Nintendo is making a comeback, and be honest, no one really expected it.

If anything, didn't most everyone expect Sony to dominate again this time around figuring the paramount success of the PS2? The 360 has been out for almost 2 years now, still $400 going back to launch date. The PS3 hasn't been out for even a year, and they're dropping a $100 off the top, already?

As I've already stated before, don't write off Sony just yet. Maybe they haven't played all their cards, or perhaps there's something else up their sleeve, but things are looking quite grim for them at the present. I originally planned on buying all three platforms (360, Wii and PS3), but now I don't know. With 85% of "big name" games being on both consoles (360 & PS3), why bother spending unnecessary cash on a PS3? Oh plus, the Playstation Network should be renamed Garbage Network. XBOX-Live is the pinnacle of online gaming.

Get it together Sony!
they lowered the price on the 60 gig $100 to $499 to introduce a 80 gig at $599 in august. this version is only available in the US & Canada
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:12 PM   #25
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

I think 360 sold better because it got hacked before the PS3 launched.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #26
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius

I'm still waiting for the Game Cube price to drop to $50 so I can finally try Twilight Princess, Windwalker, and the Master Sword (Ocarina of Time).

Mathius

Same here, since two years ago...

Mathius.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #27
proof
Banned

proof has an OK reputation so far

Microsofts gaming division is in like a $4 billion hole. Theyre not even profiting, despite all the overpaying for extra content, maps, bigger hard drive,etc. Then having to be forced to pay for extended warranty b/c of a high failure rate.

Of course you can just buy a new console and help out their sales. :
proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #28
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof
Microsofts gaming division is in like a $4 billion hole. Theyre not even profiting, despite all the overpaying for extra content, maps, bigger hard drive,etc. Then having to be forced to pay for extended warranty b/c of a high failure rate.

Of course you can just buy a new console and help out their sales. :

Its from all the piracy.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: