Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #1486
kaiteng
EXCITED

Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I see Fandango as a very short term gimmick since it is so clear Johnny Curtis can't actually ballroom dance. Sure, the guy has the looks and may wrestle a bit but there have been so many others of the same type that miserably failed.
kaiteng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #1487
JohnnySic
green is good

TNA Impact seems so much more "big time" out of the Impact Zone...
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #1488
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic

Do you KNOW who we are?!

Psyched for Peter Williams next week.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #1489
TheMarkMadsen
Repped

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic

I've really been enjoying TNA as of late, their story lines are long and thought out, you can tell this stuff was all mapped out months even a year in advance with the Bully Ray & Aces & 8's angle.

Also, it's nice to see the tag teams & mid carders actually have story lines, not to mention the payoffs for these long feuds and angles have been excellent as of late
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #1490
TheMarkMadsen
Repped

Ric Flairs son passed away today, Reid Flair was only 25.

RIP Reid Flair

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...0,704880.story
Old 03-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #1491
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

RIP Reid Flair

Omg, that's awful.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #1492
kaiteng
EXCITED

Quote:

RIP Reid Flair

Holy.....

I heard Reid had been touted to be the most promising in pro wrestling business among Ric's sons. He could have fasttracked because of his dad's name but he chose to slowly build his creditability.

RIP.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #1493
TheMarkMadsen
Repped

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Holy.....

I heard Reid had been touted to be the most promising in pro wrestling business among Ric's sons. He could have fasttracked because of his dad's name but he chose to slowly build his creditability.

RIP.

I just can't imagine what the Flair family is going through.. apparently Reid had some problem with heroin in the past & was busted for it in 09, I hate to speculate but when someone dies at such a young age & is also a well conditioned athlete all the red flags begin to go up.

He said in a shoot interview a few years back that if he dies without nobody knowing his name it wouldn't matter aslong as he had his fathers respect.

Hopefully Reid got that wish
Old 03-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #1494
kaiteng
EXCITED

Quote:
I just can't imagine what the Flair family is going through.. apparently Reid had some problem with heroin in the past & was busted for it in 09, I hate to speculate but when someone dies at such a young age & is also a well conditioned athlete all the red flags begin to go up.

He said in a shoot interview a few years back that if he dies without nobody knowing his name it wouldn't matter aslong as he had his fathers respect.

Hopefully Reid got that wish
Flair Family sounds very much dysfunctional than I thought. It must be one of the side effect of living the gimmick also.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #1495
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Flair Family sounds very much dysfunctional than I thought. It must be one of the side effect of living the gimmick also.

It is man. Flair has been a horrible husband and father. Rarely around his kids cause the guy just won't leave the business and has divorced 4 wives already. Run-ins with the law, you name it.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:19 AM   #1496
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

The cause of death is probably drug overdose.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:33 AM   #1497
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
The cause of death is probably drug overdose.

no shit sherlock. the vast majority of wrestlers found dead in a hotel room before 40 are because of drug overdoses....or heart attacks induced by drugs. that's just fact.

good pts made above. i'd add that ric's party attitude certainly didn't help. not that heroin is a 'party drug'...but still, i'm talking environment here. i think it was nash that said flair would walk into bars even recently and buy everyone a shot and party until like 6 AM

so really, it's no wonder he's short on cash which is sad given the career he's had. they were doing some recent events/signings....i wonder if ric noticed anything different or even knew if he was using at the time. some of them can hide it pretty well.

i hope flair saves up, makes amends with his history and retires. really, he's a legend but we don't need to see him in the ring anymore. that's just who he is i guess. one speed: GO! he doesn't operate in any other mode. he's balls to the wall in everything he does, whether it be arguing or partying.

it sucks for sure. as a wrestling fan, you almost have to get used to tragedy. somewhat expected deaths are one thing and this may have been one but it almost always seems to come out of left field. at this point, i'm expecting hall and roberts to live until 2230 just to fvck the system.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 03-30-2013 at 02:37 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #1498
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
no shit sherlock. the vast majority of wrestlers found dead in a hotel room before 40 are because of drug overdoses....or heart attacks induced by drugs. that's just fact.

good pts made above. i'd add that ric's party attitude certainly didn't help. not that heroin is a 'party drug'...but still, i'm talking environment here. i think it was nash that said flair would walk into bars even recently and buy everyone a shot and party until like 6 AM

so really, it's no wonder he's short on cash which is sad given the career he's had. they were doing some recent events/signings....i wonder if ric noticed anything different or even knew if he was using at the time. some of them can hide it pretty well.

i hope flair saves up, makes amends with his history and retires. really, he's a legend but we don't need to see him in the ring anymore. that's just who he is i guess. one speed: GO! he doesn't operate in any other mode. he's balls to the wall in everything he does, whether it be arguing or partying.

it sucks for sure. as a wrestling fan, you almost have to get used to tragedy. somewhat expected deaths are one thing and this may have been one but it almost always seems to come out of left field. at this point, i'm expecting hall and roberts to live until 2230 just to fvck the system.

I was wondering do you or anyone else know what Ric Flair's cardio exercise routine was like in his prime in the 80s?

I heard he had one of the best cardio conditioning for a wrestler and would always do cardio in the morning even after staying up late, drinking, etc the night before.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #1499
kaiteng
EXCITED

Charlie Haas has officially retired from pro wrestling so he can spend more time with his family, losing his last match at a ROH event in Asheville, NC last Saturday.

Haas was very good at tag team (World's Greatest Tag Team) and as a midcarder. But he was fed with bad gimmicks every time he went solo in WWE. The WGTT's last push in ROH is good though.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:36 PM   #1500
DMV2
No title

I hope Shelton returns to the E soon. I know he's not Raw main event/WWE champion material but they could always push him as a World Heavyweight champion on Smackdown. Give him a heel manager and let the manager do the talking.
DMV2 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: