Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #1666
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I hope they bring back the Undisputed Belt.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:56 AM   #1667
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
I hope they bring back the Undisputed Belt.

By the sounds of the title name they're adopting, the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, I think they may just use the Heavyweight title belt. It's certainly more iconic than the current WWE belt design.

I'm not exactly in awe of what happened at TLC, but it was always going to be a setup for a more major PPV event. I did kinda hope for a twist that involved Triple H getting back in the ring, but they can't give the 'Undisputed' title to someone who only wrestles 2-3 times a year, even if it is HHH.

Wonder what they'll do with Daniel Bryan? It's ridiculous (I don't mean that in a bad way whatsoever) how over he is with the WWE crowd right now. I know WWE is really pushing the whole big guy thing, and we're likely to see Roman Reigns and Big E Langston get pushed into main event players in the future (I like them both, Reigns especially), but they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they don't bring DB back to main event status.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #1668
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
By the sounds of the title name they're adopting, the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, I think they may just use the Heavyweight title belt. It's certainly more iconic than the current WWE belt design.

I'm not exactly in awe of what happened at TLC, but it was always going to be a setup for a more major PPV event. I did kinda hope for a twist that involved Triple H getting back in the ring, but they can't give the 'Undisputed' title to someone who only wrestles 2-3 times a year, even if it is HHH.

Wonder what they'll do with Daniel Bryan? It's ridiculous (I don't mean that in a bad way whatsoever) how over he is with the WWE crowd right now. I know WWE is really pushing the whole big guy thing, and we're likely to see Roman Reigns and Big E Langston get pushed into main event players in the future (I like them both, Reigns especially), but they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they don't bring DB back to main event status.

Randy Orton won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. The Winged Eagle Belt ( New Generation Era), and the Attitude belt were the best belt designs of all time.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 12-16-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #1669
Fresh Kid
NBA lottery pick

Pro wrestling was dat back in tha day with WWF, WCW nitro, hulk hogan and NWO, sting and NWO wolf pack, tha rock, stone cold, and Goldberg too. Memories growing up
Fresh Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #1670
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Raw after WrestleMania 30 has already very quickly sold out.

It has become the unofficial annual wrestling fan festival now.

Smarkier than an RoH crowd.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #1671
dr.hee
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer

Haven't watched anything since Danielson got buried by HHH...so he's still over as hell, and WWE goes with Cena vs. Orton?

dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #1672
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

Quote:
Jeff Jarrett is officially done with TNA, the company he and his father Jerry found 11 years ago. Jerry Jarrett have been out since 2007 because of health issues.

Jeff is one of the most versatile personalities in pro wrestling and will sure have other projects to work with like before (WWA) and during (Ring Ka King) TNA.

Well that sucks. I'm a pretty huge Jarrett mark, and for my money he was in the 2nd and 3rd best feuds in TNA history (vs Angle and vs Raven). Hopefully he'll buy TNA or start a new company with his pops.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #1673
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

JJ still owns a part of TNA though, so I don't think he's disappeared completely.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #1674
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

Quote:
Wait, nobody talks about Batista to WWE yet?

Does anyone really care?
Old 12-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #1675
EricGordon23
Good college starter

Quote:
Wait, nobody talks about Batista to WWE yet?

Meh depends how they use him If he gets thrown in to the main event which he most likely will then it will annoy me when guys like dbry get buried and guys like ziggler can barely make the preshow.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #1676
BoogieWoogieMan
Redemption

Quote:
Bryan was claimed not to "sell well" by WWE uppers according to SummerSlam buys so he has been pulled to an upper-midcarder again.

Ziggler had a concussion earlier this year that may be the reason why he lost his title belt and had taken minor roles up til now.

I don't know how legit these numbers are, they're from wrestleview.com, but these are the suppose ppv buy numbers for this year.

Quote:
Royal Rumble (1/27): 579,000 worldwide (364,000 domestic)
Elimination Chamber (2/17): 241,000 worldwide (181,000 domestic)
Wrestlemania 29 (4/1): 1,104,000 worldwide (662,000 domestic)
Extreme Rules (5/19): 245,000 worldwide (137,000 domestic)
Payback (6/16): 198,000 worldwide (108,000 domestic)
Money in the Bank (7/14): 199,000 worldwide (151,000 domestic)
Summerslam (8/18): 296,000 worldwide (185,000 domestic)
Night of Champions (9/15): 175,000 worldwide (92,000 domestic)

If they're true, Summerslam did the third best. WWE is full of shit and ran by self-ego strokers.

I know SS' buys are lower compare to last year, but all the numbers are. Why do we continue to support this shit?
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:47 AM   #1677
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
I don't know how legit these numbers are, they're from wrestleview.com, but these are the suppose ppv buy numbers for this year.

If they're true, Summerslam did the third best. WWE is full of shit and ran by self-ego strokers.

I know SS' buys are lower compare to last year, but all the numbers are. Why do we continue to support this shit?
Summersland is one of the big originals though, they always expect it to do higher than an average PPV.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:29 AM   #1678
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Batista was a great heel in his recent run in the WWE. He also had some success outside of the WWE.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #1679
Hotlantadude81
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan

Bryan was booked as a mid carder before SS... It's not fair that they said he failed just because of the SS buyrate.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #1680
Black and White
Auckland, New Zealand

Batista Returns

I hope they keep him as a heel, it was so funny
Black and White is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: