Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-09-2014, 04:05 AM   #1786
9erempiree
Banned

Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong

Now just because they own all the rights to that stuff, doesn't actually mean they have physical copies of it all however. I remember reading that a lot of stuff pre the 70's wasn't saved at all (save money by taping over stuff), and there was a fair bit of footage from JCP that wasn't usable either.

I agree. I don't think the WWE has any physical footage of these old promotions. People get excited for nothing.

Knowing Vince his goal was to crush the competition and if material and rights came along with it, then great. If it didn't I don't think he cares. If it suddenly shows up and gets used without his permission, then he can seize and desist the material.

That's why I think these old footage are lost forever. Like the criminal that steals an expensive painting but never displays it. It is gone from this continent.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:21 AM   #1787
moe94
Banned

I don't even watch wrestling anymore and haven't since Benoit died, but are they seriously making you pay for RAW and SmackDown? Wow. Just wow. You mean, you cannot turn on the tv and simply watch anymore unless you pay monthly?
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:28 AM   #1788
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
I don't even watch wrestling anymore and haven't since Benoit died, but are they seriously making you pay for RAW and SmackDown? Wow. Just wow. You mean, you cannot turn on the tv and simply watch anymore unless you pay monthly?
Raw/Smackdown will still be on TV, they'll just have replays on the Network I believe. It'd only be worth it to those hardcore fans since they're showing PPV's live on there too, so you get the PPV for $10 a month instead of $40, but as someone said, most people just free stream it nowadays.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:41 AM   #1789
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

kabong's right and i kinda see 9er trolling up there.

yes, you can always and forever stream for free...but it takes a bit of time and you're never guaranteed an HD stream/lag/random shutdown.

it's not just the live aspect. really, you're buying this for the library. it's huge. you don't even need to be a fan of WWE. there's WCCW, WCW, crockett, ECW, etc. like enoughsaid, he's going to be able to go back and rewatch raws to see the buildup before watching said PPV. he gets to stream that all and it's right there at his fingertips. pause, fast forward, rewind. 24/7 streaming...all of a sudden feel like watching something? boom, right there. you don't deal with torrents and waiting times.

you buy six months at a time but pay monthly. you can make a list of all that you want to see and be done with it after $60 while watching PPVs live along the way. then add in HD and mobile?

if you don't see yourself using the library and only casually streaming PPVs, then fine. but this seems like a steal for the avid wrestling fan.

i mean, when you look at the big picture, it's a pretty damn amazing deal. if there aren't any major issues, i think it kicks nfl's league pass and nba's season pass to death. also ufc's. it looks like the most complete, price effective 'sports' package on the market.

i personally won't get it just cuz i don't really have time these days but GL to everyone that does.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 01-09-2014 at 04:59 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:12 AM   #1790
9erempiree
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
kabong's right and i kinda see 9er trolling up there.

yes, you can always and forever stream for free...but it takes a bit of time and you're never guaranteed an HD stream/lag/random shutdown.

it's not just the live aspect. really, you're buying this for the library. it's huge. you don't even need to be a fan of WWE. there's WCCW, WCW, crockett, ECW, etc. like enoughsaid, he's going to be able to go back and rewatch raws to see the buildup before watching said PPV. he gets to stream that all and it's right there at his fingertips. pause, fast forward, rewind. 24/7 streaming...all of a sudden feel like watching something? boom, right there. you don't deal with torrents and waiting times.

you buy six months at a time but pay monthly. you can make a list of all that you want to see and be done with it after $60 while watching PPVs live along the way. then add in HD and mobile?

if you don't see yourself using the library and only casually streaming PPVs, then fine. but this seems like a steal for the avid wrestling fan.

i mean, when you look at the big picture, it's a pretty damn amazing deal. if there aren't any major issues, i think it kicks nfl's league pass and nba's season pass to death. also ufc's. it looks like the most complete, price effective 'sports' package on the market.

i personally won't get it just cuz i don't really have time these days but GL to everyone that does.

Not trolling at all just because I think it's stupid to be locked in for 6 months and pay for something that is free such as Raw and SD. If you want to watch PPV's? You can stream that live and even find it on YT.

As far as saying it's good for avid wrestling fans? Well, you guys are some nerds or too obsessed with wrestling to pay for this. I was a wrestling fan once and still turn it on here and there but I will not pay for 6 months for it.

Like I said before, Vince McMahon is a media mogul and he has only one market and that's the wrestling fans. He's a genius and great businessman for be able to make so much money off one market with multiple demographics.

You guys say that you are getting a great deal. Do you really think you are getting access to a full library? I doubt it. The company will not sell themselves out like that.

...but please, don't call me a troll just because I'm looking at it from another point of view.

This supposed access to the library of wrestling history does not exist or else they would have mentioned it. They only went as far back as Monday Night Wars, Wrestlemania Rewind and past PPV's.

It sounds great for wrestling fans. Just like it all the excuses wrestling fans have made over the years on why they still watch wrestling. Now you guys have more explaining to do, on why you still watch the product as an adult and now why you are willing to pay to access PPV's and their library.

Vince was a success tonight. He is going to change how we watch media from all perspective, his main goal but at the same time, he has suckered his bread and butter fans, to pay him for this. He's more than a wrestling guy, he to me, is a media magnet and he happens to use the wrestling industry to advance how media and entertainment is broadcast and distributed. You guys are just another of his experiment, perhaps the predecessors on how we watch entertainment from here on out and that's a compliment.

Last edited by 9erempiree : 01-09-2014 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:21 AM   #1791
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Not trolling at all just because I think it's stupid to be locked in for 6 months and pay for something that is free such as Raw and SD. If you want to watch PPV's? You can stream that live and even find it on YT.

raw and SD are there just because. it's still on TV for free. that's really not what you're paying for. if that's all you watch and feel comfortable streaming PPVs, then don't get this.

Quote:
As far as saying it's good for avid wrestling fans? Well, you guys are some nerds or too obsessed with wrestling to pay for this. I was a wrestling fan once and still turn it on here and there but I will not pay for 6 months for it.

aren't we all nerds in some ways? like i said, i won't be getting it but for fans that have been looking to get caught up, watch some of their favorite PPVs or whatever, it's a sweet deal. it's all there. so it doesn't work for either of us...the content is still amazing for that price point. seriously, it's major wrestling netflix. just doesn't have tna, roh and japan of course.

Quote:
Like I said before, Vince McMahon is a media mogul and he has only one market and that's the wrestling fans. He's a genius and great businessman for be able to make so much money off one market with multiple demographics.

You guys say that you are getting a great deal. Do you really think you are getting access to a full library? I doubt it. The company will not sell themselves out like that.

...but please, don't call me a troll just because I'm looking at it from another point of view.

This supposed access to the library of wrestling history does not exist or else they would have mentioned it. They only went as far back as Monday Night Wars, Wrestlemania Rewind and past PPV's.

It sounds great for wrestling fans. Just like it all the excuses wrestling fans have made over the years on why they still watch wrestling. Now you guys have more explaining to do, on why you still watch the product as an adult and now why you are willing to pay to access PPV's and their library.

well now you're just talking deception. of course vince knows what he's doing but when you factor in the price of PPVs, it makes sense. it's like buying things in bulk. if they don't spoil and you will use it, why not get it? if you have the time and are an avid wrestling fan, why not get this? if you plan on watching all the PPVs, at least try it out for 6 months/$60? they're offering quite a bit. if it sucks or you feel you didn't take advantage of it, just drop it and don't resubscribe.

anyway, it's still some pretty forward thinking on wwe's part and they tried this in the past except that you had to use the real windows media player which was terrible.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:31 AM   #1792
9erempiree
Banned

Quote:
well now you're just talking deception. of course vince knows what he's doing but when you factor in the price of PPVs, it makes sense. it's like buying things in bulk. if they don't spoil and you will use it, why not get it? if you have the time and are an avid wrestling fan, why not get this? if you plan on watching all the PPVs, at least try it out for 6 months/$60? they're offering quite a bit. if it sucks or you feel you didn't take advantage of it, just drop it and don't resubscribe.

anyway, it's still some pretty forward thinking on wwe's part and they tried this in the past except that you had to use the real windows media player which was terrible.

I was once a wrestling fan too before the PG era and still watch it occasionally, and if it's the only thing I on. So I still have a heart for wrestling fans. I think it's their way to capitalize on piracy than wanting to give wrestling fans what they want.

Anyone that has tried to YT wrestling matches know that it is very hard since the WWE started cracking down on it the last two years.

One thing I do have to admire is the McMahons' ability to capitalize on this and distribute their ownership of content through streaming and cutting out the middleman. I think that is the main point here.

In order to get this kind of backing, they needed an incentive for the fans and this was it. I would rather see more creative programming beyond wrestling than some old library. I want to be entertained by the stars that goes beyond the wrestling ring.

Good step forward for the company but we will see whether leagues that I care more about, such as the NFL and NBA will follow suit. Can you imagine all the games we can watch?
Old 01-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #1793
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Well Mae Young just passed away. RIP

B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #1794
B-Low
The Love B-Low

The funny thing is, at 80 Mae Young was doing picture perfect table bumps, and at TLC the golden child Super Cena managed to completely botch a table bump that was supposed to be the finish on a historic match up.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #1795
Wally450
Poland <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
The funny thing is, at 80 Mae Young was doing picture perfect table bumps, and at TLC the golden child Super Cena managed to completely botch a table bump that was supposed to be the finish on a historic match up.

I wouldn't necessarily say that was Cena's fault, the ladder slipped out from under him causing the botch.
Wally450 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #1796
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
You're paying to watch RAW anyways! Besides, I don't think RAW and SmackDown is included in this deal. Maybe Vince will write it into the new contract since RAW's USA contract ends soon. Honestly, I want all networks to offer a internet/roku like subscription so I can do away with cable. I haven't watched wrestling in years, but I might subscribe to this because it sounds like a great deal and i want to support the movement.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #1797
TheMarkMadsen
15x all nba legend

Quote:

RAW/SD will still be free. 10 dollars a month (120 per year) for all 12 PPVS per year (which are usually 60 each) in HD..that's already worth it there.

then factor in all the old ppvs and RAW/Nitro episodes..

this is going to be amazing I can't wait
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #1798
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
The best wrestlers in the Shield and Wyatts respectively aren't even their leaders.

Rollins >>>>> Reigns

If you don't count Bryan as a Wyatt
Luke Harper >>>> Bray

Harper vs Big E for the I.C. belt at WM-XXX, please.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:02 PM   #1799
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
RAW/SD will still be free. 10 dollars a month (120 per year) for all 12 PPVS per year (which are usually 60 each) in HD..that's already worth it there.

then factor in all the old ppvs and RAW/Nitro episodes..

this is going to be amazing I can't wait

It really is an amazing deal. Hell I just left subway and spent $8 there, and I'm already done with the sandwich. For $2 more than that I could get all that shit the network is offering up?? That's a steal. Especially when you factor in that I was gonna order WM anyway for 60 bucks, but instead now I can get that, 5 other ppvs and all the classic stuff and it's a no brainer
Old 01-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #1800
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
The best wrestlers in the Shield and Wyatts respectively aren't even their leaders.

Rollins >>>>> Reigns

If you don't count Bryan as a Wyatt
Luke Harper >>>> Bray

Harper vs Big E for the I.C. belt at WM-XXX, please.
I want to hear luke on the mic because I think Brays promo's and in ring mic work is great he plays that character really ****ing awesome.

I think Reigns sucks on the mic thats why I think Ambrose is way better.In ring wrestling to me isnt a huge deal to me.

Ryback sucks at everything just felt like pointing that out.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: