Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-24-2014, 06:13 AM   #1906
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
I've read that too, but I sceptical. Wouldn't it be counter-productive for a guy with a beaten down body to be "practicing" a match?

not if it's his calling card and WWE hypes up the streak like it does. taker has more or less been wrestling for WM for a few years now. if he's hurt, he takes time off to heal and show up in time. if he's not hurt, he does a couple angles or squash matches. dude is old but he's been banking on those WM matches. at this point, i think he really does need to retire.

he can't really tightrope the top rope anymore, he doesn't really dive over the top rope without being clipped anymore...i mean, legend obviously, but it's time to hang it up.

as much as his last 3-4 WM matches have been in my top 2 that year, it's starting to really rely on near finishes. near finishes get the crowd into it but at the same time, it also cheapens it. like how many superkicks, pedigrees, tombstones can you go through? when you think about it, it ends up being lame booking with forced suspense.

the storyline and build up has usually been good, although the last HHH one was weak as all fvck.

as far as sting, i got excited a couple years ago when y2j returned and i hoped it was sting in some weird way. i'm kind of over it now. it will be a last hoorah but he's been past his prime for so damn long, it's like the grateful dead taking their final tour.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:33 PM   #1907
TheMarkMadsen
15x all nba legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Confirmed participants for the Royal Rumble:

CM Punk
Batista
Alberto Del Rio
Cody Rhodes
Goldust
Rey Mysterio
Big E Langston
Dean Ambrose
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Erick Rowan
Luke Harper
Jimmy Uso
Jey Uso
Miz
Kofi Kingston
R-Truth
Xavier Woods
Fandango
Damien Sandow
Ryback
Titus O'Neil
Darren Young
Jack Swagger
Antonio Cesaro

5 are left to be surprise entrants. Sheamus? Evan Borne? Jericho? Kane? Jake Roberts? Undertaker? Sting? Hogan? Anyone off other matches?

i don't care if Bryan is already in a match he should be in the rumble.

Since Punk is the first entrant I wouldn't be surprised to see the SHIELD as the second third and fourth entrants
TheMarkMadsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:43 PM   #1908
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Roman Reigns is gonna do big things in the rumble and possibly have a showdown with Batista during the rumble.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #1909
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

I still remember the first Royal Rumble match that I watched. Bret hart and Lex Lugger winning the 1994 Royal Rumble. WWF was testing if Luger would have a bigger pop than Bret Hart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soJhHsBhI6I
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 03:28 AM   #1910
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

How about Sting for surprise Royal Rumble entry?
LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:56 AM   #1911
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALakerFan4Life
How about Sting for surprise Royal Rumble entry?

Thing that sucks about current WWE is they're so thirsty for ratings that there's rarely any huge surprise returns anymore. I remember back in the day you never knew when someone might debut or return. It'd be a random match happening and then RVD and Tommy Dreamer run thru the crowd or something, or when DDP debuted as Takers stalker and nobody saw it coming (angle ended up sacking but his debut was a shock)

Nowadays they always say "next week so and so will be here!". When Batista returned last week they advertised the hell out of it and it worked for them tho. Raw was the highest rated show in a year. So I'm thinking (tho I hope I'm wrong) that if Sting is coming they'll try to use it to sell tickets and bring in ratings in advance
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:17 AM   #1912
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

IF Sting shows up, how ****ing epic would it be if his music hit and he repelled down from the rafters and started clearing the ring. I'd lose my shit.

I might have to wear Depends just in case.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #1913
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

We really ne a smilie. He recently turned 53 for those that are interested.

HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:26 AM   #1914
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
We really ne a smilie. He recently turned 53 for those that are interested.

And they've been saying he's been brought back to TNA as a consultant. Would certainly explain the 5 million run-ins they've had over the past few weeks.

Bad Influence might be on their way out of TNA too, they're supposedly got a AJ Styles lowball type offer coming their way.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:53 AM   #1915
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
And they've been saying he's been brought back to TNA as a consultant. Would certainly explain the 5 million run-ins they've had over the past few weeks.

Bad Influence might be on their way out of TNA too, they're supposedly got a AJ Styles lowball type offer coming their way.

That's just IWC nonsense. No reputable journalist has said Russo is back, if he were, perhaps Magnus might have some kind of personality. Lagana has always been a run-in heavy writer too.

I doubt Bad Influence leave when their deals expire. Might get a similar contract to the Wolves, allowing them to make up for less guaranteed money by working more indy bookings.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #1916
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Thing that sucks about current WWE is they're so thirsty for ratings that there's rarely any huge surprise returns anymore. I remember back in the day you never knew when someone might debut or return. It'd be a random match happening and then RVD and Tommy Dreamer run thru the crowd or something, or when DDP debuted as Takers stalker and nobody saw it coming (angle ended up sacking but his debut was a shock)

Nowadays they always say "next week so and so will be here!". When Batista returned last week they advertised the hell out of it and it worked for them tho. Raw was the highest rated show in a year. So I'm thinking (tho I hope I'm wrong) that if Sting is coming they'll try to use it to sell tickets and bring in ratings in advance

I heard it was gonna be a surprise but then it got leaked so they started promoting it
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #1917
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
I heard it was gonna be a surprise but then it got leaked so they started promoting it

Yeah, they accidentally included him in local promotional material for a house show or taping or some such.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:26 PM   #1918
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

Rumour has it Dixie Carter is trying to get her own reality show.... bish got some ego.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:14 AM   #1919
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Rumour has it Dixie Carter is trying to get her own reality show.... bish got some ego.

Horrible idea. Do you know how much bad buzz this is gonna create for her? Your company is failing miserably, losing money by the day, losing star wrestlers, might lose its TV deal and just got kicked out of its long time home because you didn't book the studio.... And you decide to put the spotlight on yourself and have your own reality show? Are the cameras gonna follow her around while she makes horrible business decisions?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:10 AM   #1920
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Horrible idea. Do you know how much bad buzz this is gonna create for her? Your company is failing miserably, losing money by the day, losing star wrestlers, might lose its TV deal and just got kicked out of its long time home because you didn't book the studio.... And you decide to put the spotlight on yourself and have your own reality show? Are the cameras gonna follow her around while she makes horrible business decisions?

God I hope so. Not even my boy could write that big a car wreck.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: