Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #2041
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
Batista isn't even getting the "good" type of heat from the crowd.

He's getting the "**** you WWE" type of heat.

Wtf are they doing?

Positioning Bryan to fight against "the machine."
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #2042
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

I love it when people think they know the details of a wrestlers contract just because they visit rajah.com
Old 01-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #2043
Black and White
Auckland, New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Here's my theory:

The Rock will not participate in WM 30. WWE has to find somebody to headline in place of Rock and they found their poor man's Rock in Batista, who will be on the upcoming Marvel movie, Guardians of the Galaxy. WWE has been under pressure with WWE Network launch that they went so far with those conditions in the contract in order to lure Batista out.

So far, it could go many ways under those condition but the best thing WWE could do now is having Trips and co. turning on Randy and siding with Batista, then build around Batista's heel heat into Orton vs Batista for WWE World title at WM. But clearly fans won't accept that.

Do you think they will split the titles before mania to make room for another main event?
Black and White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #2044
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
Positioning Bryan to fight against "the machine."

The thing is though, they've been doing that since July. They built it up, built it up, built it up, then let Orton beat Bryan and dropped him from the main event scene. Now he loses last night and isn't anywhere close to the title picture.

Maybe they're still trying to do something, but they have until WM. If WM doesn't close with Bryan holding up the belts, then they completely blew it and people are gonna shit all over that show.

They can't drag it out any further than WM because people are already sick of the buildup. The main event at WM has to be the climax to all this, if that's where they're going. And unless they make some HUGE dramatic twists and turns, I don't see how they're gonna reach that ending now that Batista and Orton is all but set in stone
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #2045
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

It's just like when they said AJ Styles was in talks with WWE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Styles
"I know that's some wishful thinking, but no, there was nothing. Not a phone call. Nothing. I wish I knew who these guys were that were presenting these rumors and whatnot, just so I could say, "Exactly tell me when they did call me, I'd like to know." It's just so bizarre, all the stuff that you hear."
Old 01-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #2046
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

and the outlaws are tag champs...i like them, but come on its 2014...they are really pushing this Corporate take-over idea where all of Triple H's and McMahon's favs of the past and present are getting over.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:47 PM   #2047
TheMarkMadsen
15x all nba legend

Quote:
I'd take what Lebron23 says with a grain of salt though.

LOL true but there was a lot of talking before Batista even came back that he was holding out for $$ and a WM main event..

Batista isn't a big enough star to just come back and be thrown into the main event of WM, hell The Rock was getting boo's last year b/c people were frustrated with him coming back and taking the stap of a guy like CM Punk, in this day and age the most popular wrestlers are the most RESPECTED wrestlers, the fans RESPECT guys like Daniel Bryan & CM Punk, who have busted their asses for over a decade and continue to push themselves, they recognize their talents as professional wrestlers. People can relate to Bryan, people want to see Bryan do well, he's the real life underdog that they want us to believe a 6'3 roided up monster named John is..

i'm so tired of hearing the excuse of "well nobody on the current roster has gotten themselves over so they have to bring in part timers" this is 100% not true, Daniel Bryan & CM Punk are the two most universally loved performers they have and both should be in the main event of WM..

With Batista's contract most likely guaranteeing him a title run I think they are putting themselves in a very difficult position to get out of, if Orton/Batista close the show at WM, the crowd will absolutely destroy it..wouldn't be surprised if they walked out..

WWE has a potential MEGA STAR on their hands, a guy that can take wrestling to a place that it hasn't been in over a decade, and they are AFRAID to pull the trigger, most likely because he wasn't a hand picked guy of HHH, he doesn't have the "look" and whatever else bullshit excuses they are giving themselves to not push the most over wrestler since the Rock to the freaking moon..
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #2048
Black and White
Auckland, New Zealand

Quote:
Unlikely.

But fans should now know the benefit of two big titles in one company. Without the formerly WCW title, guys like Bryan, Ziggler, Henry, Swagger, etc would never have a taste of greatness.

Exactly, maybe down the line it happens again because without the two titles there isn't much room for people to rise.
Black and White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:54 PM   #2049
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

Quote:
But WWE tried to have Bryan fighting "the machine" as a heel along with the Wyatts. It failed and was wrapped in spectacular fashion.

Still, WWE won't give Bryan a pass for some reasons yet.

But the tweets that came out after the Rumble points that it is a part of a deliberately long storyline. I don't know. Are 3 months enough to build that storyline up in front into WM?

You do understand that having Bryan turn on the Wyatt's was the original intention?

Tease a heel turn, have him turn on heels = pop. Wrestling 101

Besides letting Bray beat him down he didn't even do anything remotely heelish.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #2050
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

Quote:
This is why I said "allegedly". Social media can be full of shits.

But if all of this are all parts of the storyline, I will give Triple H a 10 minutes ovation for that.

Do you think the Outlaws won the titles because they're the best guys for the job? Not Real Americans, CodeDust, SHIELD, Uso's, Wyatt's etc...?
Old 01-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #2051
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

Quote:
Wyatt has been kidnapped and assaulted Bryan to lure him into the dark side for half a year only to have Bryan turned in less than a month? I know that concept but still.....

WWE doesn't correctly execute an angle... nothing new here.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:02 PM   #2052
TheMarkMadsen
15x all nba legend

Quote:
Do you think the Outlaws won the titles because they're the best guys for the job? Not Real Americans, CodeDust, SHIELD, Uso's, Wyatt's etc...?

Road Dogg is smart enough to know that if they get the belts it HAS to lead to them putting somebody over in a big way, hopefully the Uso's or the Real Americans.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:04 PM   #2053
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

About 120 posts in this thread in the last 17 hours. That plus the twitter reaction...pretty good indication that this is going well so far.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #2054
B-Low
The Love B-Low

I'm thinking the Outlaws only have them for a month maybe and drop them at EC to the Uso's. I think at WM we're gonna see the Uso's and Real Americans, possibly in a stipulation match. They just needed to get the belt off Rhodes and Goldust to start their feud up in time for Mania. I don't think NAO even have the belts til Mania
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:06 PM   #2055
HarryCallahan
Go ahead...

Quote:
Of course not. But maybe that is also a part of "the machine". Yeah?

That's my thinking.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: