Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #2476
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Speaking of TNA, here's an image from their show last night

When I was in college, the teen mentor center that I interned for had a karaoke fund raiser event on a random Wednesday night. No lie we had at least 3 times the turnout

I haven't watched wrestling in a while.

WTF happened to TNA? They looked like a normal wrestling show competing against the WWE with full venues on television. I remember them being very popular at one time.

That doesn't look good? Did that happen overnight?
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:25 PM   #2477
HarryCallahan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree

WTF happened to TNA? They looked like a normal wrestling show competing against the WWE with full venues on television. I remember them being very popular at one time.

The president brought in Hulk Hogan and Erick Bischoff on seven figure salaries to run the company, they did the same thing they did to WCW, hired their family and pissed all over the fans by destroying everything they like. I used to be a HUGE TNA fan, watched every ppv, bought dvd's, watched tv every week. Now I dvr it and watch about 5-15mins at best.

It took about 4 years, but the last two have been severe decline.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #2478
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
The president brought in Hulk Hogan and Erick Bischoff on seven figure salaries to run the company, they did the same thing they did to WCW, hired their family and pissed all over the fans by destroying everything they like. I used to be a HUGE TNA fan, watched every ppv, bought dvd's, watched tv every week. Now I dvr it and watch about 5-15mins at best.

It took about 4 years, but the last two have been severe decline.

Wow.

Is that picture a bad week or do they consistently draw that many? It would be way awkward to air a show with so few people in attendance.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #2479
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree

TNA just can't promote as well as WWE. They only draw well enough for what they expect for in few places (Orlando, Nashville and area, etc).
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:34 PM   #2480
HarryCallahan
Banned

It was just a house-show. They taped in Orlando, and always have a full-house (usually the same people week-in, week-out). Their last taping was in I believe Huntsville Alabama, and it was a good crowd.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:50 AM   #2481
HarryCallahan
Banned

Found some old FIP dvd's that I forgot I had. Bought them from RoH for $2.50 when they were having a sale, a lot of them are double-features so that's $1.25 a show-great value, some are also from grab-bags. Gonna watch some over the next few day, got some good matches like Punk vs Danielson which I'm excited for.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #2482
B-Low
The Love B-Low

TNA's streak of poor live event attendance continued this weekend. They ran a show in Albany, Georgia that drew around 250-300 fans in an arena that has the capacity for 10,000 fans.

B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:49 AM   #2483
Good Ol JR
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Well ladies and gentleman, RAW happened today, and well i'm not quite sure on what to say besides bah gawd, i would have rather of had a mud hole stomped dry on my lower torso by the Texas rattlesnake himself than be put through that merciful garbage they just attempted to sell a ppv with..
Good Ol JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #2484
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Ol JR
Well ladies and gentleman, RAW happened today, and well i'm not quite sure on what to say besides bah gawd, i would have rather of had a mud hole stomped dry on my lower torso by the Texas rattlesnake himself than be put through that merciful garbage they just attempted to sell a ppv with..
Bad go-home show for sure. At least last week had a very good closer.

Rumble will be enjoyable as usual just because of the format itself but we shouldn't expect too much on it, I believe.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #2485
Denitron
Serious playground baller

Batista

Looked like a fatter, smaller Dwayne Johnson

Can't wait for the Rumble though

Punk entering at #1, I expect him to be there until right near the end, not sure if he'll win it though. Imagine the pop for Bryan if he won it
Denitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #2486
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denitron

Batista

Looked like a fatter, smaller Dwayne Johnson

Can't wait for the Rumble though

Punk entering at #1, I expect him to be there until right near the end, not sure if he'll win it though. Imagine the pop for Bryan if he won it
I can imagine Bryan losing to Wyatt, then winning the Rumble.

The guy is way too over not to be overlooked for the title chance.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:03 PM   #2487
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
TNA just can't promote as well as WWE. They only draw well enough for what they expect for in few places (Orlando, Nashville and area, etc).
Bubba/Bully said it best - TNA is a wrestling promotion. WWE is a corporation.

Can't compete with that.
DMV2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:09 PM   #2488
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denitron
From the angle Punk is currently in, I see a Punk vs Triple H match at 'Mania.

Punk will probably face Kane at Elimination Chamber and somehow Triple H will get into the feud.

I'm totally lost as to what they're going to do with Daniel Bryan.
The only way he's gonna to have a WrestleMania match WWE title match is if Batista and Lesnar get into a feud to have a match at WM-XXX.
That opens up a Bryan vs Cena for the belt at Mania.

And if Cena doesn't have a title match at Mania, then he's probably going to end the Streak.
DMV2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:45 AM   #2489
RightToCensor
Banned

I just thought of this after watching Raw last night.

Batista should win the Rumble. Orton will beat Cena at Rumble.

Brock vs. Show will end in a double turn with Heyman aligning with Show and attacking Lesnar. Paul could see Show as someone who is just as dominant as Lesnar, but is more controllable. The two will feud with the payoff being at Wrestlemania in some sort of No Holds Barred match.

In the middle of that Show/Lesnar feud, Lesnar was promised a title match at EC. Somehow, Show will get involved in the match to make it Orton vs. Show vs. Lesnar at EC. Orton will come into the match as the underdog and end up retaining and giving him momentum heading into his Wrestlemania match vs. Batista.

Meanwhile, the actual Elimination Chamber match will have the stipulation where the winner gets to face The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30. This hypes up the match so much more knowing that Undertaker's opponent earned the right to face rather the opponent just be chosen. Cena, Bryan, Punk, Wyatt, ADR, and maybe Sheamus if he's healthy, if not, Mysterio. The match should come down to Bryan and Cena with Bryan winning. This sets up Bryan vs. Undertaker at Mania, this match can skyrocket Daniel Bryan's career, even if he does come up short.

Cena can go off and feud with the Wyatt Family leading to Cena vs. Bray. The idea could be to put the Wyatt Family over as monster heels in the build-up and end with Cena conquering them at Mania.

Punk can go back to feuding with the Authority, leading to Triple H vs. CM Punk. This can be a Lumberjack match with all the Authority's goons around ringside. This can end with Roman Reigns finally turning on the Shield and become a babyface.

WWE Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista

The Streak
Undertaker vs. Daniel Bryan

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

Lumberjack Match
Triple H vs. CM Punk

No Holds Barred
Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show

Last edited by RightToCensor : 01-22-2014 at 04:12 AM.
RightToCensor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:24 AM   #2490
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

Who do you guys think gets the "push" by winning the Rumble?

I think there is a good chance we see Roman Reigns win it. But then I'm not sure what happens to the Shield. It's a great stable and I know they don't wanna break up a tag team when they are just starting to build tag teams back up. But Reigns looks like he's ready to take that next step. Sure his mic skills aren't great but he has everything else you need in a guy to hold the strap. The look, the moves, the entrance, hell even the heritage.

And if not him then maybe I see either the obvious in Bryan. Or maybe a shocker like Big E./Kofi. Just not SuperCena. Pleeeeease not that.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: