Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #2506
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat coolTheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and White
Wait, Sting back in the WWE? Oh god yes!!!!!!!!!

would be the first time he's ever been in the WWE

B-Low: Yes they both combine to be over 100 but it's fugging Sting v Undertaker and the 9 year old in me will order WM for Sting and Sting alone.

Taker can still go as we saw last year, Sting can still have good matches as we've seen in TNA, he just needs to get in better shape.

I'd love to see Sting walk down the aisle with WWE production value. Dude is a true legend and it's time he went to WWE so he can begin to receive the recognition he deserves.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #2507
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

One suggestion I've actually seen mentioned around the web:

Taker comes back on a Raw before Mania and the Shield make their way out to talk shit to him about how he's old and they're the ones that put him on the shelf (last year when they attacked him). They surround him ready to put him down for good, the lights go out and Sting shows up with his bat to back Taker up

Wrestlemania we get Taker and Sting vs. the Shield
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #2508
Black and White
BTE Intern

Black and White has an incredible reputation hereBlack and White has an incredible reputation hereBlack and White has an incredible reputation hereBlack and White has an incredible reputation hereBlack and White has an incredible reputation hereBlack and White has an incredible reputation here

Sting is like 54 or something but he is still good for 1 more match and some appearances, would love to see him in the WWE, still think the streak will remain intact though, I dont see it being broken.
Black and White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #2509
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat coolTheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
One suggestion I've actually seen mentioned around the web:

Taker comes back on a Raw before Mania and the Shield make their way out to talk shit to him about how he's old and they're the ones that put him on the shelf (last year when they attacked him). They surround him ready to put him down for good, the lights go out and Sting shows up with his bat to back Taker up

Wrestlemania we get Taker and Sting vs. the Shield

Awesome idea, you're giving WWE creative too much credit though with that continuality.

If they went with that tho I doubt they wait until the go home show to WM to introduce Sting. I'd love to see the build up start the night after the Rumble or the night after EC (which is the ppv after the RR i believe)

If they end up using the Shield for something else, and want to do a singles match between Sting & Taker the build up could easily write itself.

If it happens I just hope the build up is done well, i'd love to see WWE start experiencing "technical difficulties" (lights going out, etc) in the weeks leading up to Sting arrival.

Like having the lights cut out and then they come back and a Crow is sitting on the turnbuckle..
Old 01-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #2510
Knicks101
Steal Your Girl

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't see Sting ever joining the WWE. I think he's in love with the idea of being the biggest guy to never be signed to them. Also don't think he's as big of a draw as he was a few years ago.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #2511
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
I don't see Sting ever joining the WWE. I think he's in love with the idea of being the biggest guy to never be signed to them. Also don't think he's as big of a draw as he was a few years ago.

all signs are point to this WM being the WM he joins. His TNA contract is up, he's ****spoiler alert**** losing to Magnus in TNA tonight and "leaving the company" ..

Old 01-23-2014, 08:44 PM   #2512
Knicks101
Steal Your Girl

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
all signs are point to this WM being the WM he joins. His TNA contract is up, he's ****spoiler alert**** losing to Magnus in TNA tonight and "leaving the company" ..

Didn't the same thing happen a few years ago? I doubt they're throwing that much money at him, I really don't see him as a draw anymore. I've been a big wrestling fan for like 15 years and I don't even know what his theme sounds like. If I was there live and it played I wouldn't get excited, you think kids who just started watching will?

I believe he wants to go down in history as being the biggest wrestler to never work for Vince.

WWE would have to pay him a shitload of money. They'd have to completely reestablish him, have him show up in the rafters. Show highlights of his past glory, hype the shit out of him and still not get that big of a return.

Last edited by Knicks101 : 01-23-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #2513
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

Quote:
Didn't the same thing happen a few years ago? I doubt they're throwing that much money at him, I really don't see him as a draw anymore. I've been a big wrestling fan for like 15 years and I don't even know what his theme sounds like. If I was there live and it played I wouldn't get excited, you think kids who just started watching will?

I believe he wants to go down in history as being the biggest wrestler to never work for Vince.

Quote:
Didn't the same thing happen a few years ago?

yes

Quote:
I really don't see him as a draw anymore.

Hard to be a wrestling draw in 2014 w/o WWE behind you. The WCW DVD's have consistently been WWE's top selling DVDs, nostalgia is alive and well and there's still a market for the 4 million people that suddenly stopped watching wrestling after WCW folded.

Quote:
I've been a big wrestling fan for like 15 years and I don't even know what his theme sounds like. If I was there live and it played I wouldn't get excited, you think kids who just started watching will?

Did you watch WCW? If so, I'm sure you'd recognize his theme. I understand that concern, however Goldust got a big pop, NAO got a huge pop and still have people doing their catch phrases with them. The older crowd will know who he is, the same people that catapulted Daniel Bryan into the main event scene will most likely be the same people that lose their shit once they see the Stinger on WWE television.

If they brought him out to the right crowd, aka "smarky" crowds such as NY or Philly, he'd get a legendary pop.

Besides if WWE is honestly worried about that, they'll run some vignettes like they did with RVD & Batista to get people hyped.

I also don't think money will be an issue, WWE owns all of Stings career pre 2002, Sting will eventually have to sign with WWE one day wether it's to get his DVD released or to wrestle a match.. why not do both.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:03 PM   #2514
Knicks101
Steal Your Girl

No, I didn't watch WCW. I've seen some stuff, just listened to his theme. It lacks that Austin breaking glass type intro that gets people going. I see people being more confused than excited, unless I'm listening to the wrong thing. WWE really owned WCW when it comes to themes though. Their guy really knows how to do an intro.

If they did it in the right city, yeah it would be huge. No doubt about it, they'd have to choose carefully.

I just don't see it. Maybe Sting was a lot bigger than I realize, but I always thought of him more as like a second tier guy. Like an Undertaker or an HBK, never really an Austin or a Hogan.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:36 PM   #2515
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
If Daniel Bryan doesn't Main Event Wrestlemania 30 after the outstanding following he's garnered this past year..

then FUCK YOU WWE
Pretty much this.
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:04 PM   #2516
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

Quote:

WWE would have to pay him a shitload of money. They'd have to completely reestablish him, have him show up in the rafters. Show highlights of his past glory, hype the shit out of him and still not get that big of a return.

he's carried around that foolish pride long enough, he's made his point, he didn't need Vince to become a star, but due to the monopoly that is professional wrestling he'll need Vince to be remembered (video library)

and i disagree about having to re establish him, Kevin Nash randomly came back for the Rumble and got a pretty big reaction
Old 01-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #2517
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I'd love to see Sting come around but it sucks that he's too old to have that classic Undertaker fight everyone's always wanted. Between the two of them they're what, 100 years old?

I hope sheamus come back and ends the streak Sheamus is the best!
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:08 PM   #2518
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Angle's moonsault off the top of the cage into nothing still looks very scary.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #2519
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They need to get some celebs involved like in the old days

Undertaker with Macklemore Vs Roman Reigns

Macklemore turns on taker and joins the sheild

Brock Lesnar vs Georges St Pierre Vs Nick Diaz
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:12 PM   #2520
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Angle's moonsault off the top of the cage into nothing still looks very scary.

i flipped over did he just attempt it on Impact?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: