Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #3181
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Land of 6 NBA titles
Posts: 54,080
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHammer
Brock Lesnar will again not show up on the next Raw as advertised. Is having this guy the company's World Champion the worst idea ever?


Terrible Decision made by the WWE.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #3182
MastaKilla
Good High School Starter
 
MastaKilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 816
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
Anybody know if Vince addressed Punk on Austins Podcast?

Yup he sure did. For a good five minutes or so.

Basically said that he hopes to work with Punk again someday and he apologized for firing him on his wedding day, said it was coincedence and total mistake.
MastaKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:56 PM   #3183
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!
 
BurningHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BMO Field
Posts: 9,299
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaKilla
Yup he sure did. For a good five minutes or so.

Basically said that he hopes to work with Punk again someday and he apologized for firing him on his wedding day, said it was coincedence and total mistake.
And there is the fact that most people that have problems with Vince and company end up reconcile and work with WWE again anyway (Bret Hart, Ultimate Warrior, Eric Bischoff, etc).
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #3184
Batz
Shit just got serious
 
Batz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 14,168
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

On the right track, on the right road

On the right track, on the right road

On the right track, on the right road

On the right track, on the right road

On the right track, on the right road

On the right track, on the right road

On the right track, on the right road




bless wf
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #3185
Budadiiii
Banned
 
Budadiiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 13,005
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Last night was a shitty show.

Nikkis ass is even better in person though, Paige too.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:34 AM   #3186
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!
 
LALakerFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 996
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Anybody watched the Stone Cold's podcast with Vince last night right after Raw? Entertaining interview. Stone Cold asking a lot of great questions but Vince was answering to those questions with a lot of bullshit.
LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:54 AM   #3187
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,516
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALakerFan4Life
Anybody watched the Stone Cold's podcast with Vince last night right after Raw? Entertaining interview. Stone Cold asking a lot of great questions but Vince was answering to those questions with a lot of bullshit.




Did any of us expect any less? Vince is full of shit. And he's completely out of touch.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:08 PM   #3188
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!
 
BurningHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BMO Field
Posts: 9,299
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

So Sting signed a contract for 6 in-ring appearance, including the debut. This is even weirder contract than Lesnar's but who cares.
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #3189
Knicks101
Hustle Loyalty Respect
 
Knicks101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CENATION
Posts: 41,093
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHammer
So Sting signed a contract for 6 in-ring appearance, including the debut. This is even weirder contract than Lesnar's but who cares.

He's old as hell. You thought he was gonna be working a full time schedule?
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #3190
9erempiree
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 22,822
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

You know you are old when you have to wrestle in a t shirt. I like Sting and all but his comeback is lackluster.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:17 AM   #3191
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!
 
BurningHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BMO Field
Posts: 9,299
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
He's old as hell. You thought he was gonna be working a full time schedule?
Sting did work, in part-time level, with TNA. This contract is not even close to part-time.
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:40 AM   #3192
Knicks101
Hustle Loyalty Respect
 
Knicks101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CENATION
Posts: 41,093
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHammer
Sting did work, in part-time level, with TNA. This contract is not even close to part-time.

I'm sure they'll discuss more dates when this is done.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:24 PM   #3193
Shade8780
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 15,442
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

The later years of the Attitude Era were so f*cking good. I'm not too big on Russo's stuff from the small sample I've seen (really small, recommend me some good episodes), it just seems to be a load of strange gimmicks, squash matches, and then even more strange gimmicks.

When I watch episodes from 2000 though, I am amazed at everything. The face of the company and defining wrestler of the Attitude Era in Stone Cold was injured for nearly the whole year too which makes it even more epic. The crowds are so electric and loud compared to today, and Triple H/McMahon-Helmsley faction was so good. The Rock was at his best too.

Look at this video for example...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYEhpByMUD4
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #3194
Done_And_Done
Induuubitably
 
Done_And_Done's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Embedded in your cranium...
Posts: 10,546
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
The later years of the Attitude Era were so f*cking good. I'm not too big on Russo's stuff from the small sample I've seen (really small, recommend me some good episodes), it just seems to be a load of strange gimmicks, squash matches, and then even more strange gimmicks.

When I watch episodes from 2000 though, I am amazed at everything. The face of the company and defining wrestler of the Attitude Era in Stone Cold was injured for nearly the whole year too which makes it even more epic. The crowds are so electric and loud compared to today, and Triple H/McMahon-Helmsley faction was so good. The Rock was at his best too.

Look at this video for example...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYEhpByMUD4


Great debut from the Attitude. Too bad his career on the big stage didn't live up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blO5nQ012w8
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 08:31 PM   #3195
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!
 
BurningHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: BMO Field
Posts: 9,299
Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
Great debut from the Attitude. Too bad his career on the big stage didn't live up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blO5nQ012w8
Taz can talk but his gimmick back then still needed a manager or two to make it works ala Bill Alfonso. He had some injuries along the way also.

Now he can only be remembered by this:

BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy