Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #526
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHammer
WWE seems to see that you can pull good brutal matches without blade jobs since Taker vs Triple H last year. They did the same this year for the "End of the Era" match that could be easily applied with some blood.

Overall, TNA is doing better job booking IMO.

I hadn't watched any wrestling since Wrestlemania and hadn't watched TNA in even longer, but it seems this PPV was pretty good (i didn't know it was on and tuned in as the Hardy/Angle match begin)
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #527
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
I hadn't watched any wrestling since Wrestlemania and hadn't watched TNA in even longer, but it seems this PPV was pretty good (i didn't know it was on and tuned in as the Hardy/Angle match begin)
I haven't followed TNA that often either. Most of the time I was able to catch only Impact's main events or its last twenty minutes for the premier. I also check it out on YouTube once in a while.

I can say that it not as bad as many says. It is as good as their production cost can go.
BurningHammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #528
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHR1a...eature=related

BROCK LOCK
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #529
B-Low
The Love B-Low

So apparently Brock is gonna keep his UFC/MMA gear when he wrestles now. Instead of the black speedo he's going with his same shorts he wore, the MMA gloves and boots (the boots look ridiculous with the shorts though lol)

B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #530
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
So apparently Brock is gonna keep his UFC/MMA gear when he wrestles now. Instead of the black speedo he's going with his same shorts he wore, the MMA gloves and boots (the boots look ridiculous with the shorts though lol)

Yeah, tight shorts and amateur wrestling shoes might look better.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #531
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

I love to see Lord Tensai win the WWE Championship this year.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #532
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
WWE seems to see that you can pull good brutal matches without blade jobs since Taker vs Triple H last year. They did the same this year for the "End of the Era" match that could be easily applied with some blood.

Overall, TNA is doing better job booking IMO.

Yeah, I can't stand some of the PG crap but the WWE has done an incredible job with pulling off great matches without the use of blading or doing some really insane bump. They don't need chair shots to the head. The way Triple H was hitting Undertaker at WM 28 was just brutal and it was done in the safest way possible.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #533
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

WTF Brock looks like a frickin' joke with the boots on.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #534
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
WTF Brock looks like a frickin' joke with the boots on.
Well, WWE is trying to indirectly related Brock's MMA past to pro wrestling ring without mentioning UFC, let alone MMA. They could just have him wear whatever he used to wear, but in order to draw MMA fans they have to connect to them somehow.

I believe WWE hasn't mentioned words like "MMA", "mixed martial art", "UFC", "cage fighting", etc. on air yet.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #535
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Well, WWE is trying to indirectly related Brock's MMA past to pro wrestling ring without mentioning UFC, let alone MMA. They could just have him wear whatever he used to wear, but in order to draw MMA fans they have to connect to them somehow.

I believe WWE hasn't mentioned words like "MMA", "mixed martial art", "UFC", "cage fighting", etc. on air yet.

They've said UFC like 10 times. They showed pictures of him with the UFC belt on, pictures of his UFC fights, talked about him being UFC champ.

On Raw they did a whole video package/interview showing his career and they talked specifically about UFC (by name). They're def not straying from mentioning it directly. If anything they're doing the exact opposite. They wanna use UFC/MMA and the fact that he was champ in "real" fighting to make him seem like more of a force in WWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZCkEqr7Cv0
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #536
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

The WWE and Vince never had an issue with UFC. I believe they let fans know Ken Shamrock was a former UFC champion when he was there in the late 90's. They stopped mentioning UFC once he became a regular.

They only have issues with other wrestling promotions, with the exception of ECW. They had some angles with them with Heyman was the owner.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #537
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

They don't have a problem with UFC like they did with a company like WCW. But UFC is their competition nowadays whether they admit it or not. UFC took away a lot of fans that used to watch wrestling and they're beating WWE in the PPV market.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #538
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
They don't have a problem with UFC like they did with a company like WCW. But UFC is their competition nowadays whether they admit it or not. UFC took away a lot of fans that used to watch wrestling and they're beating WWE in the PPV market.
I think the fans who moved away from the WWE to UFC because of either the PG programming or that they got older or they weren't real WWE fans. I don't see them(WWE/wrestling fans and UFC/MMA fans) being in the same competition.

I'm one of those in the "got older" crowd. It's not because I'm ashamed of being a fan, it's mostly I don't have time to watch it on a weekly basis. Plus, they often recycle the storylines over and over again. I'm now basically just watching PPV events or big name matches.

I've tried to watch UFC but I can't get into it religiously like I did with the WWE.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:47 AM   #539
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
They've said UFC like 10 times. They showed pictures of him with the UFC belt on, pictures of his UFC fights, talked about him being UFC champ.

On Raw they did a whole video package/interview showing his career and they talked specifically about UFC (by name). They're def not straying from mentioning it directly. If anything they're doing the exact opposite. They wanna use UFC/MMA and the fact that he was champ in "real" fighting to make him seem like more of a force in WWE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZCkEqr7Cv0
Then what I believed is wrong. Thanks for correction!
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:33 AM   #540
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Randy Orton needs a new gimmick and a submission finisher.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: