Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-14-2011, 10:07 PM   #61
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Zack Ryder just got jobbed big time, in his hometown last night.

Quote:
From wrestling observer:

Meltzer was texted during the show by a WWE employee stating that the reason Zack was not on the show is because "Vince hates the internet". Backstage, many, many people were upset that the person getting the most chants throughout the night was not brought out for a promo or even a quick appearance in his hometown who clearly wanted him there. Meltzer got some more information today on the thought process.

Evidently, it was indeed a rib/joke being played on Zack. Zack had spent his prior show talking up how he was in his hometown, how excited he was, how this could be his chance to finally shine and move up on the card. Zack was told a few days ago he would have a promo and a match on RAW and would turn face on RAW, even being able to acknowledge his youtube show and Internet Champion gimmick. This is why Zack was so excited the past few days.

The rib went so far as there was even a fake script and timeline alloted for Zack to come out and wrestle, besides Superstars, with his RAW promo and on air face turn. When the time came close for this to happen, Zack was informed plans changed and he would not be on air. This was literally during the broadcast. The entire rib was Vince's idea and was because Vince is not a fan of the "bashing" Zack does about WWE and sees it as "giving in" to someone who is visibly bashing the company with "dropping ball" clips, etc.

Meltzer comments that the real joke is on the fans, as the reaction to him not being on air is not pretty and as the rib is being revealed, even less people are happy. Multiple wrestlers have stated their public displeasure with the rib and John Cena was said to directly confront Vince over the situation and what he felt was a poor joke.

God damn Vince McMahon, and poor Zack Ryder.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:08 AM   #62
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Even John Cena confronted Vince over this? Damn it, now I like Cena a little bit more.

Vince is a dick, there's no doubt about that, but he is right not to give Ryder any sort of push when all Ryder does on his show is bash the WWE about not getting pushed. However the way that Vince done this was completely uncalled for and out of line.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #63
craigthomasb
College star

serious BS, all they needed to do was give him a match and nothing would have changed, pulling this stunt is bad news for everyone involved.

saying vinces is right for giving into his "demands", is a bit harsh, his show doesnt exavctly bash the wwe, he just makes light of his situation IMO

anyway, Ryder or riot...Riot it is!
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #64
JohnnySic
green is good

http://www.businessinsider.com/tna-w...-stamps-2011-6

JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:02 AM   #65
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
The pay discrepancy between stars and the undercard guys in TNA is amazing. Was listening to Tracy Smothers talk about it, guys like Kurt Angle, Sting, Hogan etc make $500,000+ a year because their "names" and then the lower guys not on contract make maybe $200-$400 a show (that's not including then paying for flights and accommodation).
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:21 AM   #66
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:20 AM   #67
JohnnySic
green is good

Former WCW fans may want to pick up this dvd. Obviously there's a lot of great stuff left out considering its the "Best of Nitro" squeezed into 8 hours, but what's included is pretty good.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #68
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:

Former WCW fans may want to pick up this dvd. Obviously there's a lot of great stuff left out considering its the "Best of Nitro" squeezed into 8 hours, but what's included is pretty good.
I got every episode of Nitro and Thunder on an external drive at home.

Watched the last episode of Impact Wrestling over the weekend. It was actually pretty good, one of the best efforts since Hogan and Bischoff took over.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #69
JohnnySic
green is good

Quote:

Old 06-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #70
D.J.
College superstar

Undertaker vs Mankind 1996 Survivor Series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN8jimEoqM8

And I even got to meet Undertaker and Sid prior to the PPV.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #71
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Now that's the true fan.

Quote:
Watched the last episode of Impact Wrestling over the weekend. It was actually pretty good, one of the best efforts since Hogan and Bischoff took over.
It's getting better, but not much. The best thing coming out of TNA.... I mean Impact Wrestling, in recent months is Bully Ray.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #72
GiveItToBurrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Now that's the true fan.

It's getting better, but not much. The best thing coming out of TNA.... I mean Impact Wrestling, in recent months is Bully Ray.

I'm a very very casual fan of TNA (watching WWE religiously though) and I've been impressed with Angelina Love and Winter. They seem to be a lot better than any divas on Raw or Smackdown now, at least as far as gimmick. Steiner's hilarious, too. But yeah, Bully Ray is the only part of TNA that really stands out.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #73
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Now that's the true fan.

Yep, he's doing good stuff. I wasn't sure at the start when he first when to singles because his run in the WWE as a singles wrestler was pretty average.

The Bound for Glory series is sounding good. Making wins and losses matter is something that doesn't happen in wrestling much anymore. The fact that they gave the 1st match in the series 10 minutes and had a clean finish gives me hope that it'll turn out to be good. Hopefully they use it to let a new guy take a run on top, let Roode or Storm start a run as the top guy, rather then the usual suspects that stay on top.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #74
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Quote:
Now that's the true fan.

what was the point of that parking lot fight? they didnt take it far enough to resolve a feud thats been going on for about a year. tna should have taken more risk or left it off the program, lazy way to write jarret out. sting cutting a promo on hogan was good tv
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #75
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
what was the point of that parking lot fight? they didnt take it far enough to resolve a feud thats been going on for about a year. tna should have taken more risk or left it off the program, lazy way to write jarret out. sting cutting a promo on hogan was good tv
Clearly, TNA still thinks old guys sell. Well, they might be both right and wrong.

Angle sells, of course.

I like Jarrett's versatility. His MMA gimmick, which is very funny, shouldn't have been scrapped.

Sting is the second most well-known personality in TNA and can still wrestle.

Scott Steiner is there probably because his promo is funny as hell, and he seems to accept his role as a veteran mid-carder.

All those, still, they need to push long-serving talents like AJ Styles and Bobby Roode more. At least having Roode got a title shot or something.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: