Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #796
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Default Re: Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
TNA from 04-06 was at the pinnacle of it's game.

Outstanding matches night in & night out

Amazing young talent that wanted to make a name for themselves.

They would find a way to put everybody over w/o making anybody look weak.. if they would have had more exposure back then rating would have blown up.

Now, it's mostly watered down garbage, which is sad because TNA is the key to the wrestling buisness succeeding again in the way it did during the late 90's.

WWE needs competition, they need to be pushed or they'll never get back to where they were in the "glory" days of 97-02

I don't think you've been watching the last few months. I've heard the argument of TNA having been better in the past, but the truth is in the past they weren't much more than a glorified indie promotion full of high spots with little depth outside that.

Few want to admit that with the addition of Hulk/Bischoff is becoming a company that can be taken seriously. As much as we may like guys like Christopher Daniels, Amazing Red, or Homicide, there is no way a company that is pushing guys like this as apart of their top crop goes anywhere beyond being a glorified indie show.

Right now, the TNA roster consist of at least 10 guys that you could argue would be credible world champions. In the pass, they had less than half that, especially when you consider AJ Styles has only just now really come into his own as a performer, which means for a while he was pushed as a total package without actually being such.

It really doesn't matter if TNA puts on the best shows for the next decade, because the mainstream audience seems more hypnotized than ever by the strangle hold WWE managed to get on the market with wCw being gone and TNA having to crawl their way up (and still is crawling).

Even when TNA is at their worst, WWE still doesn't consistently put on a show that is so much better than theirs and they most definitely rarely ever put on matches that can compete with anything TNA puts on. It annoys me when i see people go wild over Wrestlemania every year and overrate every match (especially HBK matches) when realistically WM hasn't been good in at least a decade if not more.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:31 PM   #797
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
WWE paid him $5 million dollars according to Triple H. Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania. The WWE signed Shelley a couple of days ago. He will be the next Chris Jericho.

I used to think the Shelley/Jericho comparison applied, but after years of watching Shelley the dude hasn't grown much at all personality wise. And whenever he would be on the mic he would never show signs of being anything in the realm of even a young Jericho. He's an excellent wrestler but i wouldn't get my hopes up for him being too big. But you never know...i never though Bradshaw would win me over as JBL. One of the GOAT heels right there and i actually hated the APA.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #798
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Whoever negged me about the Wrestlemania comment, i stand by that. Wrestlemania hasn't been good in a very long time. WWE hasn't been anything other than garbage since at least 2004. Now obviously that's just my opinion...but you have the nerve to neg me and then mention Wrestlemania 20, that was the show with the trainwreck that was Brock vs Goldberg. WWE fans have a habit of thinking one or two matches makes up for a PPV full of just average. Then you bring up WM 22 and 24...do even need to address them?
Old 08-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #799
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Yeah. WWE has basically sold mainly on Undertaker's streak all the way.

Every year this is the selling point, and this method of selling is what they do with every aspect of their shows. WWE never has a show that leaves you feeling like "damn, they really went all out," No, you are usually left feeling like one part of the show was awesome, and the other three parts felt like filler. Yep most WWE fans will look at that one part as their reason why the WWE is awesome and some show was amazing. Supporting WWE is not unlike a virgin getting raped but walking away with a sense of accomplishment because at least they aren't a virgin anymore
Old 08-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #800
Turkododo
I rule the local playground

Amy Schumer, who dated Dolph Ziggler in the past, appeared on the Howard Stern show on Sirius XM today and revealed details of her relationship with Ziggler.

Schumer had several positive things to say about him, but also said she broke up with him because their sex was "too athletic" and that he was tossing her around like they were wrestling.

She said that all of his other girlfriends were Playboy models.

http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/23894

Turkododo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #801
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

I will definitely buy WWE 13. WWE 12 is already the best wrestling game of all time.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:02 PM   #802
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
I will definitely buy WWE 13. WWE 12 is already the best wrestling game of all time.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #803
Knicks101
Hustle Loyalty Respect

Quote:

Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #804
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

WWE is planning to bring back Ric Flair.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #805
TheMarkMadsen
15x all nba legend

Quote:
WWE is planning to bring back Ric Flair.

No they are not. At least not for awhile

Flair's four-month no-compete clause is scheduled to be up on September 6th. He'll technically be free to work for other promotions, but the TNA-WWE lawsuit will keep Flair (and Matt Morgan) out of WWE for a few months. WWE said in court they have no interest in signing any employees currently or recently under contract, and if they picked up Flair it would conflict with that and would obviously look bad in court

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/8...-morgan-to-wwe
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #806
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
No they are not. At least not for awhile

Flair's four-month no-compete clause is scheduled to be up on September 6th. He'll technically be free to work for other promotions, but the TNA-WWE lawsuit will keep Flair (and Matt Morgan) out of WWE for a few months. WWE said in court they have no interest in signing any employees currently or recently under contract, and if they picked up Flair it would conflict with that and would obviously look bad in court

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/8...-morgan-to-wwe

Damn. WWE allowed Christian to induct Sting in the TNA Hall of Fame. I hope WWE and TNA wrestling do a talent exchange between both promotions. TNA is not a treat to the WWE Universe. I love to see AJ Styles inside the WWE ring.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:39 AM   #807
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Current TNA TV Champion Brother Devon quit the company. He and his onscreen brother Ray's contracts will expire next week.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #808
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
Current TNA TV Champion Brother Devon quit the company. He and his onscreen brother Ray's contracts will expire next week.

Jeff Hardy's contract is up in Feb, Matt Hardy is free agent. TLC match at next WM?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:33 AM   #809
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Jeff Hardy's contract is up in Feb, Matt Hardy is free agent. TLC match at next WM?

Yes, Yes, Yes.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #810
EricGordon23
Good college starter

Quote:
Yes, Yes, Yes.

That would be awesome!

Daniel bryan is the most entertaining wwe superstar at the moment.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: